Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Android

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Android feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. make it so it will consistently allow you to work offline. Otherwise, I'm going to permanently abandon MS Word once and for all.

Stop making things unpleasant for users and allow users to work offline with Word on an android device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove the incredibly annoying and time wasting Welcome Back popup.

I see that requests to remove this idiotic "feature" from the Windows versions of Word were made long ago and apparently not acted upon. So migrating a feature that almost all users hate to Android makes no sense. It is this type of arrogance and non-responsiveness that make Microsoft so hated

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. EDB to PST Converter

Most exchange veterans who’ve had to deal with any sort of anomalies in the exchange database would recognize EdbMails – the pioneer recovery platform for all things exchange recovery, be it exchange database corruption or shutdown errors.

EdbMails has recently released an update to its data recovery tool, let’s have a look at what it brings to the table :

The deep scanning algorithm that EdbMails uses has been further enhanced to give a quicker and more responsive recovery experience than before.

User interface changes to make the recovery process more seamless and rather straightforward so that even non technical…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The possibility to create a table of content on a chroomebook. It is possible to create a table of con

I would like to be able to create a table of content when using word on a chroomebook. When writting essays in school as a student, we are often asked to create a table of content but this is for the moment not possible on a chroomebook because the online version dosent support all functions. Chroombook is used by some students around the world and many children in schools in sweden. But with a chroomebook you dont have the same functions as a windows and mac computer. I think it could be nice if everyone even thoose with chroombook could…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recent files should only link back to the original and not make a copy that can be opened even if the original has been wiped.

This is a security risk.

I have a word doc created on my PC that I transfer to my Smart Phone Galaxy Note 8. I encrypt this word doc because it is sensitive. I unencrypt it with another app. This makes a copy word doc. I open that with Word for Android.

When I'm done. I close Word for Android. I then wipe the unencrypted copy. I search my phone with another app to make sure no unencrypted copies exist.

I recently discovered that even after the above procedure, it is possible to open the file by using the RECENT…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. a bookmarker

bookmark the page that you need to continue on for future use

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. playstore

This word always comes up as a single word in the android world but when you type it in word it marks it as a wrong spelling just wondering how to make it not do that besides just skip it through spell check I guess?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maasai

maa, maasai, masai or msai

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to delete word file on an android device, when its opened for just viewing nothing else.

Let me explain what is going on.
    When you open a password protected Word or Excel file on Android Word or Excel,
    It opens the file and then dumps an unprotected version of that file deep into Android's file system.
    Later, when you delete the original on your phone, the file still shows up in your Android Word or Excel 'recents' list and you can just tap it and open it. It is quite disturbing. It has a long file path usually users>>data>>0 ...

The only way to delete this copy is to go to Androids app screen, select Word…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 質問

アンドロイドのスマホでワードを作成する時に、過去に保存した文書を編集する際、カーソルを文章中の文字に合わせると、カーソルより前に書いてある文章が消えてしまうのはなぜですか?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. VIEW Margin Width

It would be great to be able to set VIEW to Margin Width rather than Page Width. The white space beyond the margins is wasted precious real estate, especially on small devices like phones and small tablets. Yes, you can stretch the text, but scrolling becomes awkward, and the VIEW defaults back to page width as soon as you do any editing. It would also be useful to have more control over the text window and the space dedicated to showing the touch keyboard while editing. I cannot see tiny rendered text if my Samsung Note is in portrait mode,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How do I do a clean install of flash player on Windows PC?

While using Adobe Flash Player you can face error due to the improper installation of the software. In that case, you can do the clean install of Adobe Flash Player on windows. Just carefully go with these steps to do that:

1. Go to the control panel and uninstall Adobe Flash player.
    2. After that remove all the files associated with Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Then restart your computer and download Adobe Flash Player from the official website of Adobe.
    4. Then install Adobe Flash Player using the suitable steps. Make sure to properly install Adobe Flash Player.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Match destination format

When pasting data into an existing document, add the option to the context menu "Match destination format".

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Macros in Word

Please allow macro enabled documents to be viewed and edited on Android and iPads

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Grammar check on android

Word is considered Word because of the spell check and the grammar check. I was very disappointed to learn that word for android does not have grammar check. This needs to fixed please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base