Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Android

Welcome to the Word for Android feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Word for Android? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow Word form fields to be edited on Android

In Office 365 on an Android device, when I attempt to fill in a Word form field, I get an error message "This is not a valid selection". i have tried on different devices and the same thing happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. playstore

This word always comes up as a single word in the android world but when you type it in word it marks it as a wrong spelling just wondering how to make it not do that besides just skip it through spell check I guess?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Recover Excel Workbook using Excel Repair Tool

MS Excel is one of the most popular of MS Office which is used to manage data especially numeric information in effective and presentable manner. MS Excel used may file formats for database management in which xls and .xlsx widely used. Here’s introduction of SysInfo MS Excel Repair Tool that has been designed to repair all Excel file formats when they gets corrupt. Excel Repair Tool can be used in all Windows operating system either 32bit or 64bit.

Download Free Demo: https://bit.ly/2L2hKIn

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Maasai

maa, maasai, masai or msai

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make it so it will consistently allow you to work offline. Otherwise, I'm going to permanently abandon MS Word once and for all.

Stop making things unpleasant for users and allow users to work offline with Word on an android device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. VIEW Margin Width

It would be great to be able to set VIEW to Margin Width rather than Page Width. The white space beyond the margins is wasted precious real estate, especially on small devices like phones and small tablets. Yes, you can stretch the text, but scrolling becomes awkward, and the VIEW defaults back to page width as soon as you do any editing. It would also be useful to have more control over the text window and the space dedicated to showing the touch keyboard while editing. I cannot see tiny rendered text if my Samsung Note is in portrait mode,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How do I do a clean install of flash player on Windows PC?

While using Adobe Flash Player you can face error due to the improper installation of the software. In that case, you can do the clean install of Adobe Flash Player on windows. Just carefully go with these steps to do that:

1. Go to the control panel and uninstall Adobe Flash player.
    2. After that remove all the files associated with Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Then restart your computer and download Adobe Flash Player from the official website of Adobe.
    4. Then install Adobe Flash Player using the suitable steps. Make sure to properly install Adobe Flash Player.

Read More:-…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How do I do a clean install of flash player on Windows PC?

While using Adobe Flash Player you can face error due to the improper installation of the software. In that case, you can do the clean install of Adobe Flash Player on windows. Just carefully go with these steps to do that:

1. Go to the control panel and uninstall Adobe Flash player.
    2. After that remove all the files associated with Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Then restart your computer and download Adobe Flash Player from the official website of Adobe.
    4. Then install Adobe Flash Player using the suitable steps. Make sure to properly install Adobe Flash Player.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Match destination format

When pasting data into an existing document, add the option to the context menu "Match destination format".

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Recent files should only link back to the original and not make a copy that can be opened even if the original has been wiped.

This is a security risk.

I have a word doc created on my PC that I transfer to my Smart Phone Galaxy Note 8. I encrypt this word doc because it is sensitive. I unencrypt it with another app. This makes a copy word doc. I open that with Word for Android.

When I'm done. I close Word for Android. I then wipe the unencrypted copy. I search my phone with another app to make sure no unencrypted copies exist.

I recently discovered that even after the above procedure, it is possible to open the file by using the RECENT…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Grammar check on android

Word is considered Word because of the spell check and the grammar check. I was very disappointed to learn that word for android does not have grammar check. This needs to fixed please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Solved – AOL Desktop Gold Installation Failed

AOL Error Code 104

It is one of the most common issues with AOL Desktop Gold. It occurs when you try to install AOL Desktop Gold. You can fix this issue with some simple troubleshooting steps.

1. Check your HDD space. And delete some unwanted files if there is no space available.
    2. Check RAM space.
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. Disable Firewall or other blocking applications.
    5. Use antivirus and remove virus or malware.

https://www.email-desktopgold.com/solved-aol-desktop-gold-installation-failed/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to be able to tts or text to speak while using Word on my Android. If it is already available, would someone show me how?

Text to speak for Android users...If it is already available, would someone tell me how?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Insert date time option.

There should be an option to insert the current date as a field, as per the PC version. It should also have the option to be static (remain as it was when first inserted), or an option so that it updates itself whenever the document is opened, e.g if you start writing a letter on 15th, but finish on 17th etc.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. QuickBooks or Quicken - Which is best for you ??

Quicken programming is one additional application that has adjusted the way retail region completed their business strategy and kept check over their stock. A prized beginning of Intuit has ensured complete the process of, looking out for the availability of the stock and other related endeavors. The product is outfitted with serious mechanical assemblies and features in a condition of congruity with instinctual dashboard ensuring straightforward use for both real and non-in actuality sound customers.
    For More Info Contact us https://27business.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. OST to PST Converter

The conversion process of Outlook OST to PST file format is very simple with the help of ATS OST to PST Converter tool that easily migrates all entire OST mailbox data such as email, contact, inbox, sent item, delete item, draft, calendar, notes, contact, task, attachment, outbox etc into Outlook PST. Before storing OST data into PST file you can see the preview of the recovered mailbox and save them into PST, EML, HTML, EMLX, vCard, vCal, MSG, and MBOX file format without facing difficulty. In a single click, you can convert single as well as multiple files in a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't drop support for Lollipop!

It still accounts for almost 20 per cent of the user base.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tool for managing signatures in mobile Word

On OneNote I can draw and place the signature on PDF documents.
    Why not use the tool to perform the usual function in Word documents?

Drawing the signature directly in Word is less convenient, it does not allow a quick management and resizing.

Inserting it using a separate JPEG is also inconvenient because you have to take care to remove the background color in the image.
    The routine is already present in OneNote: why not include it among the options for insertion in Word.

Thank you for your attention

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base