Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Android

Welcome to the Word for Android feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Auto correct drives me nuts sometimes

It forcesme to spell suppose in the past tense and the grammer suggestions should actually give you a suggestion. I guess we haven't quite got thier yet Microsoft? I know you can do better than that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve digital signatures

Improving digital signatures, I believe that in the near future this will be a feature that is used much because the tendency is to stop using paper, so the use of alternative mechanisms such as digital signatures (certificates) or (biometrico as tablets wacom) will be one of the features that users will use daily.

Currently the functionality of digital signatures work well, however as a user think it could be improved by including more information regarding errors during the process of signing, suggestions on how to fix some errors in the firms, make more beautiful generally provide more elements tools…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include A Search Option

If you have lots of separate documents saved on your device, locating a particular document can be a nightmare. You have to physically scroll through files hoping you don't miss what you are looking for and then have to start all over. Or you'll have to exit the app and search in storage.

A simple solution is the put a search function at the top of the open app, so users can type the title of the doc and have the app pull up all docs with that title. This should be an easy function to add. Other less popular…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Office 365 Lite

Nowadays, most people have smartphones, and for us that do not need professional grade documents, but still need advance features not offered in the free mobile apps nor the web apps. I want to ask for Microsoft to create a plan for that. I barely use a computer nowadays. 95% of my use is via a smartphone. therefore I will be waisting a regular subscription to office 365, since I dont have a computer to install the regular desktop apps. my storage needs varies between 10GB to 30GB. running a microbusiness and full time employed. so It makes sense for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. night mode...text format changing of whole content without selecting all.

Everything is good but there are some missing tools and features in mobile view. Such as night mode...and the most irritating drawback is that there are two margin left and right, both are taking unusable and unreasonable space. No option for "always screen on' during reading. This app is for mobile device. So for such a smaller device if the text alignment fit the whole scree during reading, that's better for all users. And also there is a necessity of a option to change whole content text format without selecting all. You can go through 'wps office' app for better…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: deleting apostrophes lays waste to text

There seems to be a bug that arises if you attempt to delete an apostrophe: it will instead highlight and delete an apparently random chunk of text instead. If you're deleting e.g. a sentence, character by character, it will proceed as expected until you reach an apostrophe, whereupon several additional lines will vanish. If you hit 'undo' and try again, the same thing will happen, but if you then type something new after the apostrophe and then delete, it will work as normal. I've been putting up with it for months now, and it's utterly infuriating. Please fix!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow addition of custom templates

Just like in the desktop version, would be great to have the option to add custom templates. Particularly useful for company letterheads etc when you need to make a quick document on the go.

Of course, it should support images in the header and footer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to add multiple pictures in a Word document

When I try to add multiple pictures from the gallery into a word document, I cannot do that. I have to go and add pictures one at a time. This is very annoying.

I want to first go an add multiple pictures and then I want to go and add text below each of them. This scenario is very hard to achieve currently.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Capitalize each word option on Word for Android.

I miss it so much from the PC version. I print a lot of addresses cut and pasted from documents, but so many people write their address with no capitals at all. I miss that one hit to capitalize every word option.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow signing in to Office for Android using multiple accounts

On desktop and Windows 10 Mobile, you can be signed in to Office apps using multipleaccounts (eg an MSA and an OrgId). On Android, you can only be signed in to one account at a time.

I frequently access and edit documents from both my personal OneDrive (MSA) and OneDrive for Business (OrgId). On the other platforms, this is a seamless, enjoyable experience. On Android, I have to sign out of one account to access the other. Not so seamless.

Please allow multipleaccounts to be added so that I don't have to sign in and out

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Word for Android tablets compatible with Intel.

See above. I find it ridiculous that it is not compatible with Intel and am extremely annoyed that I am unable to access Word on my new tablet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to move table rows/columns

It would be great it you could move a table row/column i.e. You might copy a row but want it further down the table

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set a code when you want to use Word each time (5 numbers will do)

HI, I have a question about the Word and Excel app for Android. I use OneDrive. When I install the Excel app I can see ALL my files on OneDrive. That's VERY tricky, because when someone else gets my phone, they are able to open all my files through the Word and Excel app. So I deleted your apps. Which is very sad, because the apps are wonderful. When you have to give a code each time you use an Office app, this problem will be solved !!!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i think you should give rewards like Microsoft based products for using word

i think you should give rewards like Microsoft based products for using word like for example you get 300 points for typing an essay and it cost 3400 points to get a new surface pro or nokia lumina or something

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow files locked with desktop version to be accessed with Mobile App

Sensitive files with a password set with the desktop version apparently can't be opened with mobile Word (or Excel). I've seen some issues with OneDrive not allowing secured files to be opened even from a PC without downloading the file locally first... kind of defeats the purpose?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make word exciting for all android devices

when i search for word , powerpoint , excel ect somethimes it says this application is not comtaible for this device

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. sorting in dropbox

adding the possibility to sort by date when accessing dropbox from within Word, Excell or PowerPoint

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)