Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Android

Welcome to the Word for Android feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add hindi fonts.

Add Hindi fonts

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fast Scrolling

in long documents it take a lot of time to scroll though to the most page. Please add fast scrolling option

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to install some own language fonts

I'm sinhala person I need to install some sinhala fonts to my android ms word. Please provide way to install our own language fonts like pc.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow "tablet mode" on smaller devices

With DisplayLink and other second screen/mirroring options, I would like to use Android Word in tablet mode on my smartphone. Many of the small screen accommodations don't make sense when you are using a large external display. To have a tablet mode preference/toggle/setting would be awesome.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve digital signatures

Improving digital signatures, I believe that in the near future this will be a feature that is used much because the tendency is to stop using paper, so the use of alternative mechanisms such as digital signatures (certificates) or (biometrico as tablets wacom) will be one of the features that users will use daily.

Currently the functionality of digital signatures work well, however as a user think it could be improved by including more information regarding errors during the process of signing, suggestions on how to fix some errors in the firms, make more beautiful generally provide more elements tools…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Chromebook optimization

Please make Word for Android better optimized for Chromebooks. Add more features that will give Chromebook users a closer user experience to that of full fledged Word for PC, otherwise we, who love Word are left with no serious options besides Google Docs. Some developers have already started optimizing their apps to Chromebooks, so that many options that are not found on the Android phones or tablets are shown on a Chromebook. It is time Microsoft do it too and give us, Chromebook users a better tool.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set a code when you want to use Word each time (5 numbers will do)

HI, I have a question about the Word and Excel app for Android. I use OneDrive. When I install the Excel app I can see ALL my files on OneDrive. That's VERY tricky, because when someone else gets my phone, they are able to open all my files through the Word and Excel app. So I deleted your apps. Which is very sad, because the apps are wonderful. When you have to give a code each time you use an Office app, this problem will be solved !!!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Margin customizing and tables improvement

With my current experience with word for android i've been much working with tables. In my opinion it's essential to be able to merge or split cells. A simple ruler could solve the problem of margin customization. It would be also nicely seen (but i'm not stubborn about that) if we'd be provided with hyphenation.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Always open word documents in edit mode

Don't make me have to tap the edit button just to make a small change, the other office apps open right into edit mode. Word should show the same behavior.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Insert date time option.

There should be an option to insert the current date as a field, as per the PC version. It should also have the option to be static (remain as it was when first inserted), or an option so that it updates itself whenever the document is opened, e.g if you start writing a letter on 15th, but finish on 17th etc.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Dark Theme / Night Mode

It would be very nice and convenient if there was an option to select Word theme to dark for paper, menu and bottom options panel simultaneously. More precisely I don't mean color temperature changeability of display. Dark background feature is much more needed at night or in dark environment. It could save users from eyestrain and make user experience more comfortable.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add regional Indian fonts.

Government Offical works are all in hindi here. So it's next to worthless in 'on the go' terms just because of a single problem.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Specify paragraph and character style

As part of managing more complex documents, styles are essential to keep layout consistent and to ease management of the document. Tablet office does respect styles, including using the specified "next paragraph style", but it does not actually allow specifying what style to use for a paragraph or a text selection (it doesn't expose the styles in the GUI).

It would be very worthwhile to be able to select (already existing) styles for text selections and paragraphs. While modifying and/or creating styles would be a desirable feature, the use of android word as a companion/quick edit option makes the selection…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need Go To function in Word for Android

Hello
    I am using Office 365 Personal on my desktop and Android devices. The purpose for using 365 is so I can work on my office documents while on the move, OK so far.
    I am a writer and use Word for writing and type setting my manuscript. My manuscript runs to 300 pages plus. Now while this is not an issue on my desktop PC, I do have issues when working on my Tablet. This tablet is a Samsung galaxy 12.2 running Android 5.0.2.

My issues are,
    1. There is no Go-To button for Android, making it difficult to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Print to one note or pdf

it would be awesome if there was print to one note or pdf functionality not just here but also the iOS app and office online just like you can for the desktop application. It's really cumbersome trying to print to either especially when I'm away from my laptop and need to review or annotate documents on the go.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow drop down menus in Word documents to work in Android version.

We like to email word docs to employees to fill out and return. We include drop down boxes which work fine on PC but not on Android. Most our employees are field based with limited access to Laptops, so use Android devices.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. word for android doesn't have ruler, and we can't adjust tab, either.

word for android doesn't have ruler, and we can't adjust tab, either.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base