Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Android

Welcome to the Word for Android feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Better Page Breaks

Instead of the dotted line page break, use the original page break from the actual Microsoft Word if you can because the dotted one makes me come up short a lot in my essays and such.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Word for Android on Phone

I use my Note phone for taking all my notes, and whenever I edit a document on my phone it breaks words at the end of some lines. Is there a way to turn off Asian support in Word for Android? I have to take my notes into Word on the computer to clean them up.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Господа что вы сделали с последним обновлением? Сделайте как было.

При попытке открыть файл документ не открывается а стоит только заставка. Приходится заходить на само приложение и там делать кучу манипуляций. НЕУДОБНО!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Word doesn't work on the Android phone

I installed an Office programs (Word and others) on the Sony Xperia phone through the Google Play marketing. Then I moved them to the SD card and the programs stopped working (an application error occurs). I've been trying to install them again in the memory of my phone - programs are installed, but still don't work. What should I do?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add voice dictation

It would be nice to dictate text direcly in to word for android.the key board is too slow and fiddly.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Handwriting panel gives unknown character for return.

Using the handwriting panel gives an unknown character in Word. This works every where else.
    fixing it would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create an office editor.

This program would almost look identical to word if not a feature found on word. Basically it would be an invisible page that allowed you to write over top of an original file almost as a layer. The idea being that the page will not change the original file but be looked at as reference for changes. This would be highly useful for teachers, editors and anyone looking to edit their own work without printing out the document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add macros.

Despite the power of the processor in my smart phone, Word won't even run simple macros, something I could do 25 years ago with a Tandy PC running two floppy drives.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. WordArt

Add WordArt for android.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View Rulers w/tab marks

As available on the computer a ruler view that I can manually add and adjust tab's/indents from would be great.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hola , mi idea les podria servir de gran ayuda , hay gente que utiliza la version world para androrid sin embargo hay niños que lo utilizan

Hola, mi idea les podria servir de gran ayuda, hay gente que utiliza world para android , e incluso hay niños que lo utilizan o adolescentes que lo utilizan para tareas, una manera para que los adolescentes o persona que utiliza android pueda entender ya que un android y una computadora ambas son diferentes, pero personas no entienden porque no sirve la app en android, en la computadora existe menor virus depende su uso igual en android

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excellent

Excellent job

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Redesign the file manager for the tablet

File manager for the tablet is currently viewable in three different sections. In the right-hand section only partial file names are shown so that those files that all have the similar file names for the first few characters will appear to be the same files when in fact they are not. This makes it extremely difficult to pick the correct file. It would be advantageous to use a file manager that displays the entire file name of each file so the user had no doubt as to which file they were opening and where it was being opened from -…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto correct drives me nuts sometimes

It forcesme to spell suppose in the past tense and the grammer suggestions should actually give you a suggestion. I guess we haven't quite got thier yet Microsoft? I know you can do better than that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve digital signatures

Improving digital signatures, I believe that in the near future this will be a feature that is used much because the tendency is to stop using paper, so the use of alternative mechanisms such as digital signatures (certificates) or (biometrico as tablets wacom) will be one of the features that users will use daily.

Currently the functionality of digital signatures work well, however as a user think it could be improved by including more information regarding errors during the process of signing, suggestions on how to fix some errors in the firms, make more beautiful generally provide more elements tools…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include A Search Option

If you have lots of separate documents saved on your device, locating a particular document can be a nightmare. You have to physically scroll through files hoping you don't miss what you are looking for and then have to start all over. Or you'll have to exit the app and search in storage.

A simple solution is the put a search function at the top of the open app, so users can type the title of the doc and have the app pull up all docs with that title. This should be an easy function to add. Other less popular…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Office 365 Lite

Nowadays, most people have smartphones, and for us that do not need professional grade documents, but still need advance features not offered in the free mobile apps nor the web apps. I want to ask for Microsoft to create a plan for that. I barely use a computer nowadays. 95% of my use is via a smartphone. therefore I will be waisting a regular subscription to office 365, since I dont have a computer to install the regular desktop apps. my storage needs varies between 10GB to 30GB. running a microbusiness and full time employed. so It makes sense for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base