Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Android

Welcome to the Word for Android feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Chromebook optimization

Please make Word for Android better optimized for Chromebooks. Add more features that will give Chromebook users a closer user experience to that of full fledged Word for PC, otherwise we, who love Word are left with no serious options besides Google Docs. Some developers have already started optimizing their apps to Chromebooks, so that many options that are not found on the Android phones or tablets are shown on a Chromebook. It is time Microsoft do it too and give us, Chromebook users a better tool.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the Show/Hide formatting marks button in Office 365 Word for Android

The function to show/hide formatting marks (e.g. line breaks, spaces, etc.) is not only useful, but essential for any writer of technical documents.
    This button is present on Word for Windows and on iOS / iPad OS, but I cannot understand why it is not available under Android.
    Please fix this mess soon!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fonts

Make it available to download other fonts to the Microsoft word app on Android phones!!

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update Word on a Chromebook to provide more features, specifically the full reference tab

I have a chromebook and the current mobile version of word simply isn’t good enough. Please can it be updated to include the ability to manage bibliographies and cite sources as that is fundamental to my work. Although I love word, if it isn’t changed soon I’ll have to cancel my subscription

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide for a permanent document /page format

It would be a huge time saver if there was a group of settings (a style template) to allow a permanent document format.Examples could include page size and format (portrait or landscape), margins, font and font size, etc. The settings in this regard in Outlook 365 (2016) come to mind as an example.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make word for android automatically detect external keyboards and suppress the default onscreen keyboard

Every time I click in the work area in a word document Word for Andriod brings up the onscreen keyboard even though I'm using an external bluetooth keyboard. Also, the menu ribbon seems to be tied to the keyboard - if you want to perform any functionality, it seems that you have to have the keyboard appear along with the menu ribbon, you can't just get the menu ribbon on it's own (if I dismiss the keyboard, I also lose the menu ribbon!). I've fixed this by installing Null Keyboard, an app that adds a 0px high onscreen keyboard, but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow multiple documents to be open at the same time

I would like to be able to open multiple MS Word files at the same time and toggle between them.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feature to add ttf fonts in Word

Please add a feature with which we can add new fonts in form of ttf files into MS Word app for Android.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Word should have a literature button. Where you can choose what catagory literature you can make on word. Giving predictability on litrature

When you go to make a story the literatures button makes it easier for story writers to make a story. By giving predictable sentences as to what is written in word. Thus giving idea's to the story writer's.https://www.thumbzilla.com/video/ph593bf92524dd4/distroya-ii say if I wanted to write a story using gay literature using this url's video as an example. I can. Also by sharing more story's weather they be adult content or not to the right audience can we then share idea's with one another. Freely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lotus Notes to PST Converter

We brought NSF to PST Converter application that easily converts single as well as multiple NSF files into Outlook PST file format. With the help of this utility you can easily export NSF mailboxes into PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, vCal, vCard, MBOX, HTML, CSV, file formats included with emails, notes, contact, attachment, task, journals, and inbox etc. It gives you an accurate result that is better than your expectations. It backing OS Windows’s version like Win 95, Win NT, Win 98, Win ME, Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and Win 10 (32bit & 64bit). It…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. multiple copy and past in word

I noticed during the paste process in Microsoft word and the windows system to have the last thing copied but sometimes we want to paste a file or a penultimate sentence. Copy and paste according to time because when we copy another file it will be pasted according to the last copy.

Therefore the solution that we want when the paste will be according to the last time and then before the last and then before before the last. A minute, an hour, a day or a week, month ,which is to be arranged by date.

The second idea while…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exchange OST to PST Converter

ATS OST to PST Converter software is efficient and very simple to use, that allows to import OST file to PST file format in a couple of clicks and give 100% guarantee to convert OST data to PST data file. You can convert your full data along with email, contact, inbox, sent item, delete item, draft, calendar, notes, contact, task, attachment, outbox (to, cc, bcc, subject, date and time). It baking OS Windows version 95, NT, 98, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, up to 10 (32bit & 64bit). This tool is allowed to convert OST data into PST, MBOX,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reverse a numbered list

Please make it possible to chose ascending and descending order on numbered lists. This is essential for everyone making a CV.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back the 'welcome back' feature!

I am a user of the word for larger documents and I REALLY want the feature, where I frequently look over very large documents.

Let people add or remove the feature if they dont want it.

I NEED it when I am editing books of 500+ pages!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. несколько документов одновременно

на простейших бесплатных офисах можно открывать несколько документов одновременно, вы издеваетесь? знал бы что нет этой функции на мобильных устройствах, ни за что не купил бы, это прям смешно, скопируйте код у конкурентов и обновите простейшую функцию.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Di perbaiki lagi

Terkadang microsoft yg digunakan suka macet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let me edit offline

It is extremely inconvenient when I'm in locations with no wi-fi (or bad cell-phone reception) and I still need to use the app...but can't because they don't allow me to edit unless I sign-in.
    I save my data locally on my SD card, so I don't need to sign-in for the cloud save to begin with, so isn't there any possible way to do something about this?

I've basically been using other apps like Google docs because the Word for Android gets in my way with the online sign-in, but personally it would be a lot easier to use Word…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow "tablet mode" on smaller devices

With DisplayLink and other second screen/mirroring options, I would like to use Android Word in tablet mode on my smartphone. Many of the small screen accommodations don't make sense when you are using a large external display. To have a tablet mode preference/toggle/setting would be awesome.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)