Feedback by UserVoice

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Open multiple documents (simultaneously)

I'd like the ability to open multiple documents at the same time, so I can switch easily between them. When switching from one document to another it closes the current one and it takes loading time to open the other doc (which isn't workable in a meeting).

With something like tabs you can easily switch...

704 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

126 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make check boxes fillable in Word for iPad.

Check boxes should be workable in Word for iPad. This feature would make mobile experience better when filling in forms required for our inspectors work.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please give iPad Pro users the option to deactivate drawing with the Apple pencil

Basically every time you put the Apple Pencil down on the Microsoft word file, the pen starts writing, But I believe that the great majority of word for iPad Pro users do not use the pen for drawing on their word file, but simply for scrolling up and down. So please at the very least make scrolling the default, rather than writing, for the pencil.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include a "Save as PDF" option in Word for iOS

Right now, the only way to create a PDF from your Word for iOS document is to send it as an attachment. I want to be able to save as a PDF into either 1) a different app, or 2) into my linked OneDrive, Dropbox, Box account, etc. Right now I end up having to email the document to myself as a PDF from the Word app and then open the PDF with a different app.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow one to merge/split cells in a table please

Please create a function that allows one to merge and split cells like the standard version of Word.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Single Line Spacing Between Paragraphs As Default (Word for iOS)

I suggest making single line spacing between paragraphs the default in Word for iOS. While we can currently use SHIFT+ENTER to get a single space between paragraphs, not many people know about that. However, everyone knows you can simply hit ENTER twice to get double line spacing between paragraphs if that is desired. Plus, every other word processor I've used in my iPad has the default of single line spacing between paragraphs.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Introduce an option in Microsoft Word to use the Apple Pencil to scroll down and up without drawing in the document.

Introduce an option in Microsoft Word to use the Apple Pencil to scroll down and up without drawing in the document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add footnote function for iPad please!

As a student I use an iPad Pro for my work. I use word on ipad and I could really do with the footnote fuction on iPad for word so that I can reference!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow endnotes.

Most academic publishers require endnotes as opposed to footnotes. They are not available in the Word for IPad and that is a significant deficit.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Apple Pencil and Word(excel,PPt) draw feature

Please Fix

The Apple Pencil defaults to draw even though there is an on/off switch. It would be nice if the next update to Word (etc.) would allow the pencil to work the same way as a finger/stylus/53 pencil etc. does and allow the user to chose manipulating text and formatting OR drawing and annotation.

Thanks

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open as PDF in another app

I'd love to be able to open a file as a PDF in another app. Currently, I need to email the file to myself as a PDF, then open it in another app. This is a lot of steps to go through. Instead, I'd like to have a share sheet that lets me open the current file as a PDF in another app.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add direct access to the camera

captured photos are inserted directly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please fix the "Replace" function for pictures on v1.12 of the Word app for the iPad!

This worked well in Word app 1.11 but now does not work in V 1.12. Please update and fix this bug!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base