Feedback by UserVoice

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Better help materials for iPhone

There seems to be virtually no help materials for using Word on an iPhone. There are some for iPad, but not all of the features are the same. Would it be possible to at least have a Quick Start guide and some other basic help on how to use the app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I definitely miss a function

There should be a function to choose the side distance by youself. Like honestly four selection option aren't the best for a student. I am now in the situation to use specified data for an essay , but now i have to use an other app to write it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disable the MOST annoying "smooth" typing...

This is the MOST annoying thing in the world especially when you have a physical keyboard and are typing 2-3x faster than the screen is showing you the characters.
    I have to disable this feature on the Windows version of Office as well - with a registry key, but I can not find any setting that would allow me to disable this feature in Office on the iPad - please help...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We SHOULD have a Free sale for all the iphones ipad mac on agust

and ask people how the feel about ios or how likely they are they going to recommend to a family or friend a iPhone

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Issue with shared folders named using cyrillic

Mobile device: iPhone 6s Plus.
    iOS version: 10.3.3.
    Installed apps: OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.

Issue description:

I have a folder shared with me in OneDrive.
    I open it in OneDrive app, it contains another folder with a Word document in it.
    I open that document in OneDrive app for preview and tap "Opent in Word" button.
    There are two incomes:
    - If the folder is named using only latin characters the document is opened normally;
    - If the folder is named using cyrillic characters (Russian font) then I get an error "not enought permissions".

I have the same issue with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. File Open and Save needs easier access to all my Sharepoint sites

This really is something that is missing from ALL Office mobile apps as well as desktop applications.

Right now, if you want to open or save something on Sharepoint the easiest way is if you have recently accessed the target folder before, because then it will show up as a recent folder.

But if you haven't recently accessed the file or folder, there isn't an easy way to navigate to that file or folder. This is much needed. Show a list of all the sites that I can access and then let me navigate down to where I want to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easy cut & copy productivity hack

I wish there is a program when you highlight text , there will be a pop up box on top of the mouse pointer with buttons to cut or copy In complementary colours.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easy ,cary, around and go

so it's about an easier way to carry things but we SHOULD have places to charge our phones and laptops no MATTER what company made it and not matter what place also make a little charger that when you plug it in it connects wifi to your laptop or phone but you have to pay £30 for a month £50 for the first 6 months and if so you get a %20 off for the second half of the year for the first three months and the next to ALL FREE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Paste text into Word does not work when in iPad Split View

On my iPad Pro 12.9 (iOS 10.3.3) it often happens that I am writing Word document in Split View with Safari open as the secondary app. It often happens that I copy text from a website or the URL, and that when I try to paste it into Word, either nothing can be pasted (so there is no paste option in the pop-up menu) or it pastes whatever was previously on the clipboard.

I know it is a problem with Word, because when I open the Notes app and press paste, the text or URL selected most recently is pasted…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paragraph Spacing

I'd love to have the ability to adjust the paragraph spacing in the styles used i a document being edited in iOS Word.

As much as I want paragraph spacing, it'd be useless to me if I need to apply it to every paragraph manually. Editing the paragraph spacing on the styles is essential, even if I cannot add new styles.

I recognize there are several other suggestions that include paragraph spacing, but they also include many other things I care less about. I'm trying to keep this suggestion as narrow in scope as possible while ensuring it can have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. individual margins

For my student research projects it would be nice if tthere's an option for individual page margins

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix document sorting for Word on iOS

Since the latest windows update, documents sort incorrectly if they have numbers. For instance, a document titled "Chapter 11 Random Title" will appear higher in a list than a document titled "Chapter 2 Random Title". It seems that the second 1 in 11 takes priority over the space that would come after 2, therefor sorting the document incorrectly. This results in any document that has a number directly after the 1 (basically any numbers from 11-19) appearing before a document that has a 2 immeadiately followed by a space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eraser issues on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil

With Apple Pencil connected, and the eraser tool selected in the draw menu, when trying to scroll with a finger it actually just erases under the finger stroke, but then the action can't be undone using the undo feature in the top left.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wireless Mouse support within IOS Office (as Citrix did with the X1 Mouse)

Apples lacking native support for mice limits us with IOS Office.

Please consider mouse support directly within IOS Office. Maybe a partnership with Citrix to add support for the X1 Mouse?

(Link to show Citrix X1 Mouse) http://store.citrix.com/store/citrix/en_US/pd/ThemeID.28169600/productID.317779200)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support the MEGA cloud

OneDrive ist only encrypted for companies, so I want to use the Office Apps with the encrypted MEGA cloud service. (mega dot nz)

Please integrate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base