Feedback by UserVoice

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Fix undo/redo

I can’t tell you how many times I accidentally hit Command+A on my iPad’s Bluetooth keyboard instead of Control+Z, and then I hit backspace very quickly since I’m a fast typer before I realize I just deleted my entire document. Then, Microsoft Word is so stupid that it can’t remember how to undo what I did. It just grays out the “Undo” function, leaving me to hope that I had a backup saved to my iCloud or my OneDrive and that I hadn’t made too much progress.

Microsoft for iPad sucks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insert date/time field

Seriously add the insert date/time function, this is really basic. Other fields would be nice, file path, etc., but at least the date/time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open and save files on personal NAS

Would be great if we could add our own personal NAS to 'Places' so we are not tied to using third party cloud storage providers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need to be able to password protect our documents and add the thesaurus for iPad!

As a teacher and a writer, I need to be able to password protect my documents. I use my iPad at home and at work and this feature is something I miss. Also the need for the thesaurus as well as the dictionary is an obvious one!

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Word App won't display coloured fonts on iPad

The Word App on an iPad Air 2 won't display coloured fonts when you change the font colour only default black. Similarly if you use the highlighter it only displays white text on a blue highlight colour. If you download a document with coloured fonts it still only displays black. if you save the iPad Word document in Onedrive and open it on an iPhone using the Word App the font colour has actually been changed in the document, so it seems a display issue with the App on the iPad .
    I have deleted the App, reset the iPad…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mendeley plugin & double page view

This feature is urgently required for students, as a result, I have to resort to using the PC/MAC version. Double page view would be very useful for revising large amounts of data on the Ipad pro 12.9in on landscape mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Editing on iOS apps not available to users with iPads larger than 10.1 inches, please add for low vision users

Microsoft iOS apps including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint allow editing on the device if the user is signed in to their Microsoft account. That is, only if they are using a device with a screen size of 10.1 inches or smaller. Many users with low vision opt for using the larger devices, so I hope you would reconsider this restriction to allow users with Microsoft accounts to edit on the larger devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Navigation and editing hotkeys should work in the iOS Word app as they do in other apps

When using the Word app in iOS 11 with VoiceOver and a bluetooth keyboard I am finding that a number of the navigation and editing hotkeys do not work in the Word app as they do in other apps. This makes it difficult for the blind user to edit reliably in Word.
    For example, Option+LeftArrow will navigate backward by one word and VO will speak the word in all apps except when using the Word app. In Word, focus is not moved by this hotkey.
    Similarly, Shift+Option+RightArrow will move to the next word, highlight the word, and speak the word…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add “hot keys” — short cut keys that customers can use when editing a Word document.

For example, Eclipse Software, by turning on hockey’s, uses they key, L, to navigate through words instead of letter by letter in a word. If I remember correctly, with the letter N, a word or sentence can be highlighted. Then a person can capitalize words, add punctuation, or delete the word (letter D). The trouble is that Eclipse doesn’t convert well to Word document formatting so it would be cool if Word did the hotkeys instead.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Table Borders options

Please allow the ability to customize a border in a table.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please include the option that a new section not be “same as previous”

When a new section is “same as previous,” we can’t differentiate page numbers and headings for different sections. We need to be able to include both Roman and Arabic numerals for page numbers, as would the the format in a book or dissertation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy and paste words from other apps

I cant paste the words that copied from other apps.please add on the function.thx

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The same kind of “Right click” functions as computer

There could be some way to implement by perhaps long-clicking that would give the same options that it does on the computer. For example, having the “Paragraph” option to better format the document, or the thesaurus option as well.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Documents are being un-pinned from the top of the “Recent” list

I have several Word documents that I use regularly and so I have them pinned to the top of the “Recent” list.

Recently, probably since the update to version 2.19, these documents are being un-pinned from the list although I have not un-pinned them.

There seem to be two actions that cause this to happen.

1. Open one of the pinned documents then close it again, with or without saving changes.

2. Pin a different document to the top of the list.

This happens on both my iPad and my iPhone.

The same problem occurs with workbooks in Excel - I have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. iPad Word App

I’d like more proofing symbols (tab and space marks) as well as ability to insert footnotes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need character spacing on iOS products.

Add the "Character Spacing" option found already on OSX and WIN products to iOS. Presently, if you want to change the spacing in between characters on an iOS device, you have no options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Retain formatting when pasting into other apps

We've noticed that the Word iOS app doesn't seem to copy the formatting when we paste it into other apps it loses the formatting. This causes friction as the user needs to then change all the formatting within the app to match what was in Word.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Word App won't display coloured fonts on iPad

The Word App on an iPad Air 2 won't display coloured fonts when you change the font colour only default black. Similarly if you use the highlighter it only displays white text on a blue highlight colour. If you download a document with coloured fonts it still only displays black. if you save the iPad Word document in Onedrive and open it on an iPhone using the Word App the font colour has actually been changed in the document, so it seems a display issue with the App on the iPad .
    I have deleted the App, reset the iPad…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base