Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add support for pasting formatted text and HTML into Word

Pasting formatted text and HTML copied from web pages into the Pages app works, but this does not work in Word for iPad. It's a critical use case.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Prentice shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hear! Hear! Please take this under deepest consideration. I have to lug out my old laptop in order to perform this function. Just pasting an HTML copied segment of a page onto a clean iPad Word document places the test without any kind of formatting. This is so very time consuming and irritating that I just want to throw it up against the wall. I have been both a Word and an iPad fan for years but this is waiting on my patience. Please, PLEASE take this under advisement in making a stab at making this happen in Word on iPad. And please do not charge for this feature as this should be a feature freely available as HTML is widely used in everyday functions. Thank you so much and hats off to the movers and shakers of the Word world that work behind the scenes to make these things happen. I

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does paste special not work anymore???
    Please I pay every month for the Word iPad app I need all the traditional features to be working!

• John Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another suggestion is to allow emailing from word. Not as an atachment but as the body of the email. This feature already exists in the full word version

• John Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wabt to copy from a one drive document which is in word and paste into an email on the ipad to send. Using the word as a template. It does not keep the formatting but simply puts the text in. I know I can attach the word but its not the same. I want the copy to be pasted into the body of the email.

Feedback and Knowledge Base