Open as PDF in another app
I'd love to be able to open a file as a PDF in another app. Currently, I need to email the file to myself as a PDF, then open it in another app. This is a lot of steps to go through. Instead, I'd like to have a share sheet that lets me open the current file as a PDF in another app.
Thank you for your feedback! This functionality is now available from the File menu > Print > Open in Another App.
Word, Excel and PowerPoint were just updated with a new Print to PDF option. This allows you to export any document as PDF to another app. Thanks, Microsoft!
Here is a simple work-around while we wait for Microsoft to do the right thing and implement this as a PDF conversion to another app.
1. Press the share button in Word (person with plus sign on the right)
2. Select Send Attachment, PDF, Send a Copy
3. Ideally the share sheet now have an Open In any app function. Until then, select Notes, and attach the converted PDF to a new note
4. Open Notes app and open the newly created note
5. Tap on the PDF inside the note (for the quick preview) mode
6. Press on the share sheet button, which now allows you to open the PDF in any app (e.g., GoodReader)
7. After opening in a new app, delete the new note from Notes to save space
why pdf files dont open suggest a pdf appication which will open any pdf file
I fully support this idea. Only Word and PowerPoint can create perfectly rendered PDFs on-device, but it is also important that these PDFs can be shared with other apps, without having to email them. All third-party PDF converters use the built-in iOS rendering engine for Word and PowerPoint, which is not as good.
can i please open my document