Feedback by UserVoice

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Referencing on Ipad version is essential for anyone using the ipad as a productive tool.

In text citation us very important for producing articles at tertiary level otherwise word is useless. I can’t use my ipad to do assignments since I cannot reference making word and my ipad very limited near to useless as a productive tool.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create ability to set default language for spell check in Word app, regardless of region setting on iOS. Ex.

I live in Germany so for ease of use my iOS region is set to Germany (this way I get local news and phone numbers are formatted properly) but when I use Word I most frequently use it in English. It would be helpful if I didn’t have to change the spell check feature over to English on every new document I create and could instead set a default language.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. BUG - Line/ Arrow Connectors do not snap and stay connected to shapes

When you drag a line or arrow connector between two shapes the snapping handles do not appear and no connection is made.

This feature does work on PowerPoint for iPad so it appears to be a bug that needs fixing in Word for iPad

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please allow the referencing apps like Mendeley to be functional on iPad version of Word. Without this feature educators might stop using it

Please allow the referencing apps like Mendeley to be functional on iPad version of Word. Without this feature educators might stop using it

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bibliography for Apple iPad.

Please add the manage sources and bibliography insert for iPad.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Bookmarks

Documents2Go on my Palm Zire (2 meg memory) supported bookmarks: creating, using, renaming, et al.

Word for iPhone in Office 365 should support Bookmarks as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Integrate shortcuts into icons

To illustrate, in my iPad Pro 10.5 , when I press the iBooks app on the dock, I can see most recent books read. Perhaps an addition of things like New Document, Recent Documents, could be added

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow editing document opened from email before saving (currently read-only)

When I open a Word document from an email (and from another app through the share sheet), I would like to start editing the file immediately, before deciding whether and where to save it (I may even be offline, so I cannot save into the cloud, until I am back online). This is the case on the desktop.

On my iPad, the file will always be read-only until I have decided where to save it. This distracts my workflow.

I can try to save it on my iPad, but then I have to think again to upload it to the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Possible to change the default typography settings

When writing a paper, it would make it a lot easier if it was possible to make your own typography. So that you can change the default settings. I’m currently writing a big BA paper using my iPad and I don’t want my headlines blue and want to be able to change all headlines etc. instead of having to change each one manually. Maybe I want to change the font of the typography as well. Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to create our own customizable default “Blank page/template” with our own default font style, color, margins size etc

Allow us to create our own customizable default “Blank page/template”
    with our own default font style, color, margins size etc. - which gets saved into the same area as all the other templates - so we don’t have to customize the current “Blank page/template” each and every time we start a new document. Just like changing the default “normal template.docx” in the full Word version.

Also please add shading of text (I don’t mean highlighting) + a toggle to permanently see the ruler and set it to in inches. Thank you for your help.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Word UI bug on iPad in Print Layout

On iPad, when I am using Word to view a document in Print Layout view, a half-translucent image of four pages often mysteriously appears over the document I am using, rendering the document nearly unusable. Here's a screenshot from my iPad:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XYRvGu2gKCrmTU083

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restricted Document Editing

When opening a restricted document with specific editable areas, Ipad Pro will not allow me select and edit correctly. Please make this feature, along with “select which area I can edit next” available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How about you develop your app so I can actually save a word document to pdf!!!

Just spent days trying to do this spent hours on the thing, tech support could only suggest deleting and reinstalling the app, why have the export to pdf button on your app, if it doesn’t actually do anything?!?!

Microsoft can kiss goodbye to my subscription and I will never use another product of theirs again, useless!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Norwegian language (and maybe others) get small i turned to capitalized i.

Every time I write a small i as a one letter word in Word, it automatically turns to capitalized i. This is only happens on iPad, and only in Word (not PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.). On MacBook Air or PC there is no problem with this. I have uses some time with Microsoft's first line support trying to solve it, but finally he sent me to this site.

The reason is beacuse the system believe I am trying to write the English word I; in Norwegian "i" means "in" and is a word we often use, but we need to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Handwriting with Apple Pencil very buggy

Please improve the handwriting and drawing with Apple Pencil in Word for iPad. Writing or drawings always get shifted left when handwriting or drawing. Really annoying

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full support for inserting and editing fields such as ToC, dates, and calculated formulae in tables

To fully move to tablet from laptop the office functionality needs to include more advanced features found in desktop versions that allow more feature rich documents.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base