Feedback by UserVoice

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Eigene Formatvorlagen gestalten

Bei universitären/wissenschaftlichen Arbeiten sind die genauen Vorgaben der Uni/ Fakultäten einzuhalten, auch was Überschriften etc. angeht. Ohne eigene Gestaltung der Vorlagen ist keine wissenschaftliche Arbeit zu schreiben

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Word/ IPad Version: Seitenränder individuell wählen (wissenschaftl. Arbeiten/ Hausarbeiten sind an strenge Vorgaben gekoppelt).

Es gibt nur strikte Vorlagen für die Seitenränder. Bei wissenschaftlichen Arbeiten sind die jeweiligen VOrgaben der Universität einzuhalten! Damit lässt sich IPad/ Word nicht für das Arbeiten an der Uni nutzen.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. individual margins

For my student research projects it would be nice if tthere's an option for individual page margins

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support the MEGA cloud

OneDrive ist only encrypted for companies, so I want to use the Office Apps with the encrypted MEGA cloud service. (mega dot nz)

Please integrate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add single column DETAIL directory listing to view choices so long file names can be seen and not fragmented

I have many file names with similar names, it currently is not easy to find the correct file to open since the View Choices do not include a detail list which would reveal the complete file name

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customizable toolbars...or at least a customizable ribbon

The ability to create custom toolbars of any size or orientation, and position them on the screen in a way that best fits the workflow was a brilliant feature that was killed by the ribbon. If Microsoft won't bring back custom toolbars, then at the very least the ribbon should be customizable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix two factor authentication (again)

Starting with v 2.1 or so, two factor authentication is again broken, requiring logins even when indicating account is logged in. Excel has same issue. In general there is very inconsistent behavior and pop ups warning about editability, account login status, and recent files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change default font size, Word, iPhone. 11 pt is too small.

I want to be able to change default font size from 11 pt to a more accessible 12 pt. Right now I only can change the font size of text after I open a doc. When I open the next doc, it's right back to 11 pt. I checked and there's currently no way to change the default font size.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Paragraph Spacing

I'd love to have the ability to adjust the paragraph spacing in the styles used i a document being edited in iOS Word.

As much as I want paragraph spacing, it'd be useless to me if I need to apply it to every paragraph manually. Editing the paragraph spacing on the styles is essential, even if I cannot add new styles.

I recognize there are several other suggestions that include paragraph spacing, but they also include many other things I care less about. I'm trying to keep this suggestion as narrow in scope as possible while ensuring it can have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Since the last update of Word for iOS all colors are lost..

Since the last update of Word for iOS all colored text on iPad shows as black on white. Only links keep their blue color. Please correct. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Paste text into Word does not work when in iPad Split View

On my iPad Pro 12.9 (iOS 10.3.3) it often happens that I am writing Word document in Split View with Safari open as the secondary app. It often happens that I copy text from a website or the URL, and that when I try to paste it into Word, either nothing can be pasted (so there is no paste option in the pop-up menu) or it pastes whatever was previously on the clipboard.

I know it is a problem with Word, because when I open the Notes app and press paste, the text or URL selected most recently is pasted…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix document sorting for Word on iOS

Since the latest windows update, documents sort incorrectly if they have numbers. For instance, a document titled "Chapter 11 Random Title" will appear higher in a list than a document titled "Chapter 2 Random Title". It seems that the second 1 in 11 takes priority over the space that would come after 2, therefor sorting the document incorrectly. This results in any document that has a number directly after the 1 (basically any numbers from 11-19) appearing before a document that has a 2 immeadiately followed by a space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Since you updated word fr ipad in May 2017, I cannot save documents at all. Not the ones I create, nor ones sent to me by email. Help!

You need to fix this as otherwise I shall not be using Word any more, which would be a pity. But if I cannot save documents it's useless to me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Using iPad Mini WITHOUT external Keyboard

Dear sirs/ madams
    Please, for your handheld, outta-yer-pocket, instant on flatscreens (of all persuasions): 2 buttons for editing mode. Call them [§] and [=].

They allow for forward deletion without the need for highlighting.

[§] checks the value to the left of the cursor, returns in place and cancels to the right up to and including that same value case insensitive.

[=] instead, checks TWO values to the left of the cursor, returns in place and cancels to the right up to and including those same TWO values case insensitive.

In early word macro language they look like this:

Public…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. word suggestion bar for Asian languages on iPad Pro w/ Smart Keyboard

After recent updates, inputting Asian languages that need to select words on an iPad Pro with Apple Smart Keyboard became very disappointing.
    The size of word suggestion bar became incredibly huge when the file is set to fit the screen. Imagine 4 times larger words comparing to the normal size before updates on your screen when you try to work outside. Please fix this mistake ASAP.
    I don't see this mistake on Excel or Powerpoint that updated at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Format Painter

I am not seeing this using Word on my iPad, is it available or am I looking at the wrong option?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Protected documents / formulary

Please make enable to open documents protected with password on word 365 family for iPad. At the moment it isn't possible to open a word formulary and to feel it ! Or open a protected file even you know the password !

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base