Feedback by UserVoice

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shared login with Outlook

With the iOS office suite I am required to login to each app separately, which can be quite frustrating when my password changes and I re-login to each app separately.

Apps made by other vendors (such as Google) allow shared account login accross all of it's apps where I only need to login once and all the apps just work.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto-save doesn't really save.

On Word for iPad when you hit the back arrow on the top right you have to save or delete the file, why? Normally you can do back and forth to the menu but not on the iPad. If you don't save it, even with auto-save on you lose the doc and can't go back. Auto-save should save it, the auto part of it, but doesn't always.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. save in flash drive

enable save in iklips flash drive

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More keyboard shortcuts.

Please add more shortcuts like for bulleted lists, insert table, numbered lists, insert text box, etc.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Needed Features

1. Control "Paragraph" features, most importantly the ability to increase or decrease line spacing before and after a paragraph. Currently adjusting line spacing is the only option, which is not sufficient.

2. The ability to view two documents side by side.

3. The ability to compare documents into a redline comparison.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better table editing features

Allow ability to individually size a row or column in a table. Right now can only autofit or,resize whole table. Very frustrating

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Quick Parts to iPad Word!

I would like to use Quick Parts with the word for iPad. Being more difficult to insert text on the iPad, using predefined texts would be a great way to create quicker documents.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Turning off and on automatic numbering, bullets and/or indent

I have found Mobile Office for iOS, especially Word, is very useful tool but a biggest snag was a lack of a feature that can turn off auto numbering, bullets and/or indent. Often times I prefer not to use auto numbering, bullets and indent but I cannot disable any of them, which is quite annoying. There should be a way to disable or enable these.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Form filling for All Office Documents

Many clients use iPads for mobile experiences. Customers with O365 subscriptions do not want to purchase another subscription
    just so they can fill in forms (that they already have a huge investment in with Office documents).
    It would be really useful to be able to:

1. Open a new Office form on a mobile device (e.g. iPad, iPhone, Android Phone/tablet, Windows phone/tablet/PC)

2. Fill in the form
    3. Save back to a SharePoint document library, where workflows could then process that form etc.

The use of Office documents as a form is required by these customers for the following reasons: …

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add auto-date field to Word document on iPad.

IPad version of Word needs ability to insert auto-Date field into document.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Centre vertically when reviewing edits/changes

Please ask MS Word developers to shift where edits appear when clicking next to review. ATM they are ALWAYS at the bottom of the screen. Should be dead centre, as we need to read the context (entire sentence) to decide whether to accept/reject

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "OneNote in Word" file format

Many people might prefer to store and organize their notes in Word files using traditional multi-page "paper" layouts. OneNote layouts don't have boundaries and we can't store and manipulate them like with files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customizable keyboard shortcut bar

Please consider giving users the choice to customize the soft keyboard shortcut bar (introduced in iOS 9). The Scrivener app allows users to do this and it would be very helpful in Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. iOS 9 should include the ability to add/edit citations, especially with iPad pro

On the iOS, Include the reference tab in order to add/edit citations

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open documents directly in edit mode from OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online

Allow documents opened in Word for iOS to open directly in edit mode when the file is located on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint online.

Today files hosted on SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business open in read only mode with a Yellow "Server Document" banner. To edit this file users need to click the "More" button then click the "Edit" button.

Users often mistakenly close this banner and then update the read-only document generating a duplicate.

This issue also occurs with Excel for iOS and PowerPoint for iOS.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Office 365 Apps Especially Word very badly need these features added: Close and discard changes, Rename Save as, Save and continue, save&clo

Office 365 Apps Especially Word very badly need these features added: Close and discard changes, Rename Save as, Save and continue, save and close. Having to close app when editing is ackwaer. Thanks, Josh

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Welcome Back - Pick up where you left off" feature for iOS is missing

Hi, this isn't a "new" idea, but rather I was wondering where a feature went to. It's the "Welcome Back - Pick up where you left off" book mark that used to appear in my MS Word for iPhone app. I use my phone in class for taking notes, and I have several documents that are well over 100 pages, and it's difficult scrolling all the way to the bottom. That feature was so handy. After downloading the latest update, that feature disappeared. I have searched for possible solutions on various MS Office forums, but so far haven't found one…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hardware keyboard forward delete button does not work as expected

My favorite hardware keyboard for my iPad is the Logitech K380 (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/multi-device-keyboard-k380), which has separate backspace (delete character to left of cursor) and forward delete key (delete character to right of cursor).

In the Word document editor, the forward delete key does not behave as expected though, and instead it does the same thing as the backspace key. This is unfortunate, because text editing is much easier if you have both forms of delete. Similarly, in a text box in PowerPoint or Excel the forward delete key does not behave as expected.

However, in the text search field…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mail Merge

Would love top be able to Mail Merge from Excel to Word on my iPad. As I am always working from the road it is easier to carry my iPad and phone but mail merge is an important feature to me and I'm sure many users and would be great to finally be able to leave my laptop at home

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base