Feedback by UserVoice

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Please can word have reference management capabilities

Please can word have reference management capabilities

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need more robust formatting for font, paragraph, and page layout.

Need more font formatting: add small caps, and add expanded & narrowed character spacing.
    Also, paragraph spacing and page layout are much, much too limited by predefined options: instead, permit the user to enter user-defined numbers for paragraph spacing and page layout margins.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add single column DETAIL directory listing to view choices so long file names can be seen and not fragmented

I have many file names with similar names, it currently is not easy to find the correct file to open since the View Choices do not include a detail list which would reveal the complete file name

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Full filename in OPEN in Word on ipad

I mostly use Office 365 on my iPad as I am partially sighted. I am on several boards and committees which means I have lots of documents to keep organize which I do by file names. My problem comes once files drop off Recent (where the full file name is available) and can only be accessed using Open (when for some reason the file names are truncated. My life would be infinitely easier if I could see the whole name in Open as well as in Recent.

Warm Regards, Janine Harris-Wheatley

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatic Double Line Spacing

It shouldn't be difficult to set double space or any other default such as font and font size. I bought a new iPad and pay monthly for word as I'm a writer but I spend way too much of my time trying to get this app to work. I currently have no line spacing key on my app!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export to PDF on iPhone is unusable due to change of format

When I am trying to export to PDF from Word on my iPhone, the formatting changes dramatically. The function is thus unusable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Equations

The option to add equations and math symbols like in the full version on PC

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Should incorporate the synonyms function to Word on IOS

I purchased my first iPad Pro yesterday and now I’m writing my essay on it. I just realised that the synonyms function is not available on Word IOS. It is probably one of the most important function to university students on Word. The sysnonyms feature alone, helped many students to went through their university degrees and their live. I can’t imagine how many students going to fail due to plagiarism, if, without the sysnonyms feature. It has been super useful and helpful on Windows and Mac OS, now it should be there on iOS too !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Navigation pane

Please add navigation pane support for iPad/iphone, navigating a large document that I have set up with headers is a pain currently. additionally a next page previous page button would be helpful as scrolling constantly can be tiresome.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Protected documents / formulary

Please make enable to open documents protected with password on word 365 family for iPad. At the moment it isn't possible to open a word formulary and to feel it ! Or open a protected file even you know the password !

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Send a Copy" as Pdf is producing corrupted files

This is a problem that I have been encountering with iOS Word for a month. That the PDF files created via send a copy are corrupted and can not be read either on iPad or acrobat on my mac.

the iOS version is 10.3.3. Word app (latest update- 11 Sept 2017) did not correct issue

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clickable checkboxes

Hello,
    When will MS integrate the possibility to create, check and uncheck checkboxes in Documents?
    I think it is an important Feature.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add all of the same settings options

There is no settings menu on my word app for iPad Pro. I think this is redicule. I am an Electrical Engineer and deal with a multitude od formats and must be able to access the same settings as word on the PC. If you truly wish for people to use your software to its fullest than just make it the same for Apple iPad Pro as the PC. It is the future.
    Oh and if I may, keep the processes to executing commas the same as the PC PLEASE! if I have to RE-LEARN A program I have been…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Paragraph Spacing

I'd love to have the ability to adjust the paragraph spacing in the styles used i a document being edited in iOS Word.

As much as I want paragraph spacing, it'd be useless to me if I need to apply it to every paragraph manually. Editing the paragraph spacing on the styles is essential, even if I cannot add new styles.

I recognize there are several other suggestions that include paragraph spacing, but they also include many other things I care less about. I'm trying to keep this suggestion as narrow in scope as possible while ensuring it can have…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View multiple pages side by side on iPad

I really like using Word. But for some reason, on my iPad, there is no option to view multiple pages side by side. I don't mean open multiple documents at once, I mean simply view multiple pages in a document like so:

http://imgur.com/a/8M94k

This is a really useful view for typesetting books. And there is even an option under the View tab on iPad to view One Page or Page Width, like in other Word versions. But the option to show Multiple Pages is not there, even on my iPad Pro which has a bigger screen than my Surface tablet.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Customizable toolbars...or at least a customizable ribbon

The ability to create custom toolbars of any size or orientation, and position them on the screen in a way that best fits the workflow was a brilliant feature that was killed by the ribbon. If Microsoft won't bring back custom toolbars, then at the very least the ribbon should be customizable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Single-Spaced Documents Look Double-Spaced in Word Application on iPad!

Although the Word Application on iPad shows that the line spacing is 1.0, the document appears double spaced. Forum Moderators on Microsoft Community tried to help me with the issue; however, after experiencing the same issue themselves, they suggested that I report the problem here. I’d appreciate it if you could fix the problem. Thank you.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disposition in Word for iPad

I need to see the disposition, titels, in Word for iPad.
    The window that shows up when you use CTRL+B in Word for PC.
    Make yourself a nice day

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add footnotes and thesaurus for iPad

As a graduate student, I recently purchased the iPad Pro to replace my computer and use Microsoft word heavily for papers and research. These are two tools I use quite often and would like to see them in the iPad.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Paste text into Word does not work when in iPad Split View

On my iPad Pro 12.9 (iOS 10.3.3) it often happens that I am writing Word document in Split View with Safari open as the secondary app. It often happens that I copy text from a website or the URL, and that when I try to paste it into Word, either nothing can be pasted (so there is no paste option in the pop-up menu) or it pastes whatever was previously on the clipboard.

I know it is a problem with Word, because when I open the Notes app and press paste, the text or URL selected most recently is pasted…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base