Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Please add support for Latex to the equation editor!

I am a research scientist and it is really a burden to use the equation editor without support for Latex under Word365 for mac. Please add the Latex support! thanks!

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize the recent list as it does before

On Office 2019 for Mac version 16.25, I would like to customize number of recent files or remove completely as it does before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. shapes as horizontal and vertical lines doesn't work

I am a high school teacher who creates a lot of documents with graphs.
    I draw the graphs as shapes and word will not let me insert shapes (lines) as horizontal lines or vertical lines. snap to grid doesn't help.
    older versions allowed this feature.

How can I turn off this feature or set a new default that does allow vertical and horizontal lines?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Do more pp in butt

really good get in there

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Work cited sorting bug

When we update the bibliography for work cited in word for Mac, it suppose to sort in alphabetical order automatically, but it didn't.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mac Word VBA Createobject/"new applicationname"/getobject still not working

As reported in https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5f90521-a691-4cdb-94a4-c2a864a09e3e/createobject-etc-in-mac-office-2016?forum=Office2016forMac and via the Office smiley mechanism, using createobject/getobject to create/get Excel objects from Word hasn't worked in Word 2016/2019/365 for some time. This basically undermines the entire notion that Office can be automated on the desktop on Mac.

BTW I will be posting this on office365.uservoice.com as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Moving a window around the screen.

Moving MS Office windows (and any app really) around requires finding any small empty space on the toolbars to do so. What about having a small marker (like an arrow that points outward) at several edge locations that when moused over, flips a tab out that a user can grab and move the window around, (up, down, right, left etc)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change endnote formatting back to the way it worked in an earlier version of Word!

In the newest version of Word, the endnotes divide up under each column of text. It's not logical to to read a document this way. No serious article is formatted in this fashion. The endnotes should follow the last sentence of the article. Period. In other words at the very end, not at the end of both columns. Furthermore, the columns on the last page should not be automatically divided into two equal sections. Hard to understand why the new version was designed this way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. keine verbindung zum update server möglich. was jetzt?

keine verbindung zum update server möglich. was jetzt?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. get rid of Welcome back

It proves that Big Daddy is watching, which is not at all welcome. And it's just stupid. Maybe teenagers think it's cute, but adults don't. Get rid of it!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Word Translation Application

Folks:

A great add-on feature in Microsoft 360 Word for Mac application would allow you to generate antonyms to selected words. This would be helpful in my Norwegian and English writings. Thanks, Erik

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please get rid of message about downloading fonts

Every time I want to change a font in WORD, I get a string of messages saying something like "Microsoft wants to dowload the font "some obscure font name". [Skip] or [Download]. So i have to skip 4 or 5 such messages each time. Please fix this

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Elenchi puntati salvabili

Sarebbe funzionale avere la possibilità di salvare elenchi puntati e numerati pre-formattati in modo da evitare all'utente ogni volta di reimpostare i rientri e la tabulazione. È disponibile salvare gli elenchi puntati nella sezione Raccolta punti elenco, ma questi cambiano sempre tabulazione e rientri, rendendo fastidioso l'intervento continuo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A search function that allowed for looking for a word only when it appears in the same sentence or paragraph as another word.

A search function similar to the text search function in Westlaw, where you can search for a word only in sentences or paragraphs that contain another word, such as "'death penalty' /p juvenile" to search for the phrase "death penalty" only in the paragraphs that contain the word "juvenile." You should also be able to do this with a number of words, like "penalty /7 juvenile" which would reveal the word penalty only in instances where it was up to 7 words away from the word juvenile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Word 2019 on macOS shows TINY font on Tools - Spelling and Grammar

Word 2019 on macOS shows TINY font on Tools - Spelling and Grammar

It would be great if such serious productivity issue could be fixed. Full details with screen captures at:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeword-msomac-mso_2019/word-2019-on-macos-shows-tiny-font-on-tools/a63ab293-357a-495e-b407-23d86203ef61?tm=1569499735191

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How many times do one have to say NO before the receiver gets it?????????

NO I don't want to risk that automatic updates can interrupt critical processes and I don't want to be asked 10,000 times if I changed my mind. I haven't!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DISABLE RECENT DOC TRACKING FOR MAC PRODUCTS (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT)

Hello, I see many people are writing about the same thing. In Microsoft products for Mac 2011, there was an option to select "0" for recent docs kept in tracking list, disabling the tracking of recently opened docs. Since Office for Mac 2016 and 2019, this has not been available. PLEASE listen and respond, and make this feature available. It is a serious breech of privacy to not have this option for people like me who work with sensitive documents. I used to post this comment several times but for years no one has listened. Please wake up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spelling and Grammer size

Provide ability to make the Spelling and Grammar box size bigger. The size of tex in the box is so small compared to the document it is almost unreadable, particularly when using a standing desk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please fix glitch on numbered lists. The auto spacing on lists works great up until #9. When it gets to #10 the indentation is way too big

Fix glitch on numbered lisst in WORD. The spacing works great through #9. When it gets to #10 the spacing (indent) is way too much and the whole document looks strange and numbers don't line up. Very frustrating!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base