Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Bring back allowing find/replace function FOR MULTIPLE OPEN DOCS!

It used to be that I could do a search and replace (i.e. for double spaces) in all open docs at once. Now I have to click on each individual file and search/replace. Very tedious as I have to do about 7 or so search/replaces for each doc (take out double spaces, double returns, replace two dashes w/ m-dash, etc.) Why was the check box option for multiple open docs taken away!?!?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. (Solved) To Configure Zoho Mail in Mac Client as POP.

For best results, ensure that you have a good internet connection when you configure the account.

Step 1:- Make sure that POP Access is enabled in the Zoho Mail interface. (Login to www.zoho.com/mail >> Settings >> Mail Accounts >> POP Access >> Enable POP Access by clicking the checkbox).

Step 2:- Open your Mac Mail application.

Step 3:- Select Mail >> Accounts >> Click the + icon in the bottom right, to add a new account.

Step 4:- Choose Other Mail Account, skipping the default options provided.

Step 5:- Specify your preferred Display Name, Email Address of your account…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix bug: 'Unlink Fields' unlinks fields in whole document rather than in selected text

Since Office 16.23 (possibly earlier) the Unlink Fields command (command-shift-F9) no longer works only on selected text but always unlinks all fields in the document. In the Windows version, Unlink Fields still unlinks only selected fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can you please make it so when I ignore a grammar or spelling suggestion, it stays ignored? This has been a glitch for at least a decade.

I'm so tired of Word not remembering that I said I wanted to ignore a spelling suggestion. Why is this so difficult to fix? There are glitches in this software that have been there since I first started using Word more than a decade ago. PLEASE be better. I wouldn't go near your software if I didn't have to use it for work, because little things like this drive me up the walls. I get that Microsoft Word is somewhat ubiquitous to the point that it doesn't need to fix little things, but still, Word has been around too long…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring sanity to the Font Menu

In order to radically reduce the crippling clutter of the font menu, it would be a huge improvement to place all #CloudFonts in a single submenu. This would not really fix the overall #Typography problem, namely, the enormous number of unwanted fonts that every user has to scroll through, but it would help. It would help even more if almost all fonts were delivered only as cloud fonts rather than installed by default. A final huge improvement would be to make better use of submenus in the font menu by clustering all foreign-language fonts by language or region so that…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Spell Checker

Add 'renunciate' to spell checker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mail Merge does not work on Office 364 --UNLESS you use Outlook! and there is NO warrning of this limited functionality

Immediately insert warning in the Word for Mac Mail Merge menu that it ONLY works with Outlook
    Upgrade the program to function with the default mail client Mail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. reinstate the option 'view original with mark-ups' when reviewing a word document

The old Word version gave the option to view the original text with markups. This is not possible any more and when in track-change mode, if you reject a suggestion, you must change to 'original' view to see the original word. Very, very annoying

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Google docs is better

Your program is horrendous. It is extremely difficult to use, confusing, and crashes. It will not allow certain task to be completed, and when it does work it manages to mess up other portions of the document. My suggestion is to copy google docs, because if my college class did not require your program, I definitely would use their easier and more efficient program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I do not appreciate being told I MUST share data with you on the usage and/or performance of this office suite which I PAY for.

I do not appreciate being told I MUST report / share data on the usage and/or performance of this office suite which I PAY for. I do not receive it for free or with any discount. It should not be REQUIRED that I allow ANY information from my network be gleaned by you. I will begin looking elsewhere for a solution for my needs relative to these programs and will be canceling my monthly subscription.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Equation Editor Needs Arc Symbol

As a geometry teacher, to not have this symbol makes using equation editor a huge challenge. With all the other options, I don't why this was left out. Please put it in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Files in Word for Mac get destroyed if you force quit while saving (because of freezing).

this is the second time my study guide was destroyed. the first time the file was damaged and not able to be opened, although it may be recoverable by a Microsoft service agent in store. The second time, however, the file was able to be opened but all of the content was completely gone (zero bytes). I realized that force quitting while saving is what caused this, despite the file having already been saved previously. I am worried that this may happen again in the future. I will have to continually email myself the file in hopes of having a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Files in Word for Mac get destroyed if you force quit while saving (because of freezing).

this is the second time my study guide was destroyed. the first time the file was damaged and not able to be opened, although it may be recoverable by a Microsoft service agent in store. The second time, however, the file was able to be opened but all of the content was completely gone (zero bytes). I realized that force quitting while saving is what caused this, despite the file having already been saved previously. I am worried that this may happen again in the future. I will have to continually email myself the file in hopes of having a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide / display certain sections of a Word document

Just like in Excel, where you can group columns for easy hide/display, the same would be great for Word.
    I am writing a training material and I could hide the hardcore parts when training novices. Now I need to have and parallel edit two documents; one for novices and another for advanced users, although the basic part is identical.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Problem with printing

When using word 2008 for Mac (v. 12.2.4) with Mac OS Mohave 10.14, I cannort print or change page set-up. Word crashes instantly. I was able to print from the previous Mac OS. I can print from Excel and all other programs. The only way I can print a Word document is to save as a PDF, and print THAT.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include an option to view how the final version would look like when printed

When we have background images or page details such as headers and footers, these always show up as faded. To view how a final document looks like, I usually do a print to PDF and check it and maybe adjust if necessary. It would be useful to have an option to "view final" to see what the final document would look like with its page numbers/ footers/ headers/ watermarks etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. custom cover page

being able to create a custom/default cover page, that you can insert easily like a cover or blank document for brochures etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base