Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. English numbers in persian keyboard

In mac os when use persian keyboard numbers are not typing in english and you should to change your language, that's cause some problems like right to left or vice versa.
    So thats good to have english numbers in word when you type with persian for example use this feature with turning on caps lock.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why is it so hard to insert page x of y?!

WHY?! It is so frustrating that I can't find this format for my footer in the document. It should be in the toolbar..!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve the "REPEAT" function key

Occasionally, I find myself in dire need of repeating a particular key/character many times over. The computer I used to work with had a "REPEAT" word in the power bar. As an example, If I needed to use the asterisk (*) 1000 times, I'd click the *, click on REPEAT and type in the desired number of times i wanted it too appear. as soon as Ihit enter, it would start typing the * 1000 times. And it did it extremely fast too.

That would be extremely beneficial to me in my graphics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make suggested spelling corrections appear on MacBook Pro TouchBar

Make suggested spelling corrections appear on MacBook Pro TouchBar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. make search tool caps locks sensitive

For example, if I look for "ID", I won't have to filter through unrelated words with "id" in, such as "side", "idea", "riddle", "lid" etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As part of MBA , i proposed few recommendation for the Microsoft's products.

As part of MBA, i proposed few recommendations for the Microsoft's products. If there is a possibility of those implementation or if they make sensefrom Microsoft high qualified professionals, please let me know the feedback. - Further details can be shared via email

Products include Microsoft Office, Microsoft Mesh.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Autorecover for when Word crashes

Apparently Word only uses autorecover when there's an unexpected hardware shut down - not when Word itself crashes. Which it does a lot. If a file is saved to my harddrive - or not saved yet at all - the work vanishes. I keep losing work and I can't get it back. I don't know why Word is less reliable now than it was 10 years ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. page notation

on the side of the page which doesn't affect the text or word count, but it would help for planning essays, along with writing them cos' otherwise I have no clue on how much I have written and a page marker would be helpful, they wouldn't be affected writing on the page...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MAC EXCEL CHART FILTER PLEASE

MAC EXCEL CHART FILTER PLEASE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix issue that attempting to print a range of pages freezes the system

The issue has been reported already frequently:When attempting to print not the complete document but only selected pages (range of pages), the system "freezes". To support error reproduction and root cause analysis, find some further information below:

1.) The error only occurs when printing documents that contain references to text fields (i.e. the REF command in curled brackets entered by ALT F9). The table of contents is a special case of such reference and causes the issue, too.

The system is not frozen completely. In contrast, it “unfreezes” after some minutes (to be prices: after 230 sec, see below). Unfortunately…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Tabs to Word

Please update Microsoft Word so that it can have multiple page tabs like an Excel document. It would be so much more useful, and then it could be used for university work instead of Pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create an accordion effect

I'm typing a CV and some experiences are less relevant for specific roles.
    I would benefit from a classic "accordion effect", like we see on websites, where I could leave the lesse relevant information hidden under a title l such as "click here to read more" and it would unfold.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. paste words into the font you have on your document

we should be able to paste information from a website into our document and not have to change the font of the information back into the font we have for the rest of the doc. it should automatically paste into the desired font !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back the Word notebook template.

I recognize that OneNote is meant to function as the template's replacement, but I personally find that Word has far better functionality compared to OneNote. I'm not asking for anything new or advanced, just bring back that template (updated for modern Word of course) and that's all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. side by side

Enable Side by Side as it is in the Windows version. I can't fathom why some of the features are not available on a Mac?!?!?!?!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello when I first installed word I was able to upload a copy of my document and put a password on it but now I'm not able to.

Hello when I first installed word I was able to upload a copy of my document and put a password on it but now I'm not able to. What am I not doing correctly?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Darkmode

Hi Microsoft,

can we have darkmode? Now there's darkmode only on the part where writes "home, insert, draw", but how about the document itself? You can take a look on iPad Google Docs, in the night, everything could changed into dark mode, and I wish microsoft docs can do the same thing. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Convert all documents in compatibility mode

I upgraded from Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 to Office Home & Student 2019. All the documents are in compatibility mode. I literally have hundreds of them. It would be great if there was a way to convert all documents in compatibility mode to the newer version instead of having to convert them all individually. To take it one step further it would great if you could select which documents you'd like to convert (check box next to each document) with an option to convert all documents. Hope that helps!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Right Click Functions that allow the same access to functions like bold, Italics, and underline

It would be beneficial and time saving to have the ability to right click on a word or paragraph and have immediate availability to underline, italicize and bold a word or paragraph. Word for Windows has had this for years and it is a great advantage to someone who needs to quickly add special emphasis to their ideas. Right now when you right click in Word or Mac you get a dropdown box that you have to choose "font" and then it takes you to the options I mentioned. It is slow and cumbersome. I know these functions are in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base