Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Word for Mac: Portuguese Mode Pre-reform is NOT working

Microsoft Word v16.48 (21041102) for Mac: Spelling Grammar/Advanced Language Settings - Portuguese Mode "Pre-reform" is not working.

Eg:
    Pre-reform: Director ; Post-reform: Diretor
    Pre-reform: Acção ; Post-reform: Ação

Is it possible to fix this? It's very important to many Portuguese users...

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MacOS Word compatibility with Windows Word

I have a Windows PC and a Macbook. When I transfer .docx files from PC to Macbook, the font, alignment, indentation, line spacing tend to change. How to fix this? I just want that a .docx file, as shown on Windows, seem the same way on MacOS with the same formatting. Do I need some subscription for this or something? Transferring in .pdf format is not a feasible solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Use system-wide MacOS/iOS text replacements also in Microsoft Apps

Right now, the text replacements defined in the keyboard settings don't work in MS apps on the Mac.

Please change that asap, it's very tedious having to re-define them for MS!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Automatically Save previous links and dropbox address

I have updated Microsoft and other Apps on Mac and PC but it keeps automatically signs out of everything after update and doesn't remember anything at all and the links. It keeps asking me to update and sign into everything and doesn't remember any details or previous login information. It is the worst company and bad programs and it constantly asking to update and login and register to the account and pay more money every time. It should always remember your details and I work for a business and we have to update and login in every computer to update…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. word kullanımındaki bazı kolaylıklar

İyi Günler, Windows’ta olduğu gibi word’te bir kelime-cümle seçildiğinde otomatik olarak ortaya çıkan biçimlendirme kolaylıkları (italik, kalın, yazı tipi vs.) mac’te yok. bu konuda geliştirme yapabilirseniz office oldukça kullanışlı olacaktır.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Gender Discrimination and ****** harassment by Camilo Padela in case 1017804321

He was very domineering and abusive with irrational anger when I asked questions. I would need to insist and ask the question many times. He was not well trained and does not speak English fluently. He hung up on me when I was needing help, he refused. Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. APA version 7 update, as using an oudated version such as version 6 places students at a disadvantage. We have to manipulate source editor t

APA 7 would allow professionals to fully utilize Word for our professional presentations, and papers. I had a professor take off seven points because the software had incorrectly referenced multiple authors according to the version six platform. Also when using (Author et al., 2021) it incorrectly publishes as (Author, et a., 2021). I use Windows for work, and MAC for personal use, and both operating systems have the same limitations. Thank you very much for giving me an opportunity to share.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to add a date picker.

With the developer tab turned on, allow users to add a date picker. This is available in the PC version.
    I don't know the developer options are categorised as Legacy Controls. those controls aren't available anywhere else. Until then, surely they do not qualify as 'legacy'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow more than 255 characters in Bibliography style/Source/Comments

I am trying to use ISO 690 - numerical reference for a book I presently work on, but it ruins it for me that I can only add short comments when editing the source. Could you expand the comment section from 255 characters to at least 2000 characters or even more? There are moments when you need to bring additional explanations to the text, without adding footnotes or end notes. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. non-printing characters

Improve accessibility: Allow users to set the display color of non-printing/nonprinting characters to either match that of the non-printing character itself (i.e., black for black text, red for red text, as is the case with the latest Windows desktop Word application) or to a color of the user's choosing.

The current light blue color for nonprinting characters that seems to be the only option in Microsoft Word for Mac version 16.50 on my 2012 MacBook Pro (OS Catalina 10.15.7) is too low-contrast against a page's white background to be easily legible. I suspect this color does not pass AA or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't put unedited text in "Deleted" balloons

When there are too many edits, Word combines them in a single balloon and clients have a hard time accepting or rejecting each change. It also unnecessarily puts entire unedited sentences in the balloons. Each edit should have its own balloon, even if it has to extend to multiple pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Again?! Print box layout graphic error (16.48, 16.49, 16.50, 16.51 beta,....)!

Hi, from 16.48 version (now in 16.50 and in 16.51 beta!), there is a graphic error in default print box layout: the text of black&white option (in Italian release is "bianco e " ) is "brutally" cut.
    Can you solve it?
    Thank you
    Best regards

Pierpaolo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Implement Collapsable headings in Word for Mac

This feature available in Word for Windows is incredibly valuable, especially for long documents. When in Print View, the ability to collapse sections to focus on the desired one is missing on Word for Mac.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the "Generate a description for me" button always available

The "Generate a description for me" button for image alt-text is only available when the auto-generate option is active. We currently encourage our users to turn the auto-generate feature off because it is not yet accurate enough for accessibility compliance and it causes false returns from automated accessibility checkers that simply look for the presence of text. Having the "Generate a description for me" button available when users are prompted to add alt-text to an image would be a nice option if they are looking for help getting started.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. zip file capability in Microsoft 365?

Zip capability in Microsoft 365. Currently can only reduce file size for pics

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add Microsoft Editor to Mac.

Add Microsoft Editor to word for Mac

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop counting anything but words in word count please.

With tight word counts in assignments, it is frustrating that Word is counting both bullet points, &. footnotes or endnote numbers.
    Many of us would appreciate it if you could make it ONLY count the actual words. Cheers! 🤙🏼

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base