Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add Mini Toolbar (Floating Toolbar) for Macs

Please add the Mini Toolbar (Floating Toolbar) to MS Word for Macs. All of my work requires Word and this toolbar saves a lot of time!

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After updating to iOS Catalina my Microsoft Office is disabled

I can’t use Microsoft Office since I updated to iOS Catalina on my MacBook Air. I need help finding a quick resolution because all of my work is blocked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft Word freezes on Catalina 10.15

Microsoft Word freezes for 5 secs on MacOs Catalina 10.15 whenever something is highlighted or the cursor is changed from the touchpad. This is happening without a miss and is highly irritating. I expect Microsoft to at least test their products on new OS. Not the kind of quality expected when such high amount is spent on Microsoft Office.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When thesaurus is open, clicking on a new word should substitute new word into the thesaurus

If you select a word to check in thesaurus via Synonyms>Thesaurus, then the word gets displayed in the panel that opens up on the right.
    All good so far...
    However, if you right click another word to check, again using Synonyms>Thesaurus, the righthand side panel closes. Not what you'd expect to happen. What should happen is that the word that you were checking first would be replaced by the new word you want to check!
    That is what should happen logically!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Line #'s can not be seen if a photo or an image is inserted to cover the full page including the hearer and footer.

My product is Word 2016 for Mac...

I have a 542 page book in 11 x 17 page format with many images/photos and sometimes covering the full page. There doesn't seem to be a means to have the page number on top of the inserted full page image. I would like to high light the page #s with a white background so that the page #s look normal on regular paged, and with full page images/photos the white background of the page #s would stand out...

Regards,
    Don_

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Упростить работу со шрифтами.

Очень долго происходит выбор нужного шрифта. Необходимо решить вопрос упрощенного способа отключения ненужных шрифтов

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search the Headings only

Search the Headings only - And to exclude results from the main body text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. faded highlight

When running cursor over material needing to be highlighted to change font size or cut and paste, the highlighted area was not visible any more. One was not sure when it was or was not high lighted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep selection settings after an update

I prefer to work without the setting "Select entire word when selecting text". However, this setting gets reactivated whenever I update Word. Please do not reset settings after updates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Office 365 Microsoft Personal Program for MAC Mail Merge program does not work properly.

Using my previously saved address lists in MS EXCEL, I cannot select/skip recipients to print labels in Version 2008 as I have been doing for the past 20 years using MS Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Word for Mac 16.31 OS Catalina cann't any file save

I cann't save any file with Word 16.31 under Catalina. Excel works. I receive always the error " {directory} cann't open wenn I tried to save a Word file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Incluir a ECO FONTE em todas as versões de word.

Considerando a constante preocupação que existe com a disponibilidade de recursos, está mais que na hora de incluirem como fonte no office, em todas as versões, a ECO FONTE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recover password protected word documents when forgotten

Please create an option to recover password protected documents, where the person has forgotten the password and is unable to access it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Azure Citation Database/Source Manager Collaboration

More people are using tablets and word online; why is there not a citation capability in this format?

In a world where automation is more effective for productivity, formatting citation should be almost automatic, seamless. Researchers, education professionals, and students can create a database and up-vote on the format or down-vote. Additionally, you can attempt to establish a partnership with associations with this proficiency.

You can start by creating an individual cloud citation source manager database on Azure. Enable the user to filter through and categorize their resources, by the style of writing, subject, and date.

Furthermore, the citation manager…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like word documents to remember the state in which they were last viewed such as outline or Print View.

I would like word documents to remember the state in which they were last viewed such as outline or Print View. For example, I have one document that I always want to view in an outline format, and each time I open it, it opens in Print View. I change it to outline and the next document I open, opens in outline view and I need to change that to print view. Is there any way to resolve that?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For multilingual documents: option to apply a different language while running spell check

When editing a long document (such as a book) with an occasional word from another language, the user has to select "Ignore", "Ignore All", or "Add". Or, before running spell check, the user has to go through the document and select each word of a different language and apply the language to it (not feasible timewise). Another strategy has been to create separate character styles for each language (again, not feasible to use in our environment, where we have maybe 50 custom styles).
    This would be handled much better with the option to apply a different language or no proofing,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please create a simple way to disable the "Welcome back" message that appears when I re-open a Word document.

I understand that the Welcome Back message is supposed to be convenient, but I find it irritating. Please create a simple way to disable this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. deplacer une photo sur un document word

revenir a ce qui ce faisait avant pour déplacer une photo sur un document word, c'est juste impossible maintenant, je ne comprends pas pourquoi vous avez compliqué la façon de faire. Avant il suffisait d'utiliser la souris ou les flèches, maintenant on n'a plus le choix du positionnement d'une photo. très déçu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Word Online

It is laggy, not updating properly, not saving changes and so on. See what Google Docs did, it works much better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base