Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. adding pages

i think that you could have the choice to add a page instead of letting it add automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG Report: Word for MacOS crashes on saving a new draft document to OneDrive on quitting

MS Word becomes unresponsive when trying to quit (Command + Q) while saving a new document to OneDrive.
    Steps to reproduce
    Repro steps:-

1. Open Word

2. Create a new Blank Document and enter some text.

3. Press Command + Q. This combination of keys will start Word Quit Operation.

4. Save it to OneDrive

5. Word freezes. Right-click (Control + click on touchpad) on the Docks Word Icon to verify its unresponsive state

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Little did I expect to be negatively impacted by the lack of content control panel under the Developer tab when I purchase 365.

Please implement the feature on Mac, or at least let people know about it upon purchase so that consumers are well-informed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make multilevel lists/styles easier to use

Trying to tweak multilevel lists often ends in sadness and much wasted time. The whole process is confusing. The frustration starts at the very beginning: Do I click "Define New Multilevel List" or "Define New List Style"? It only gets worse from there. Styles are thrown off (styles are also—for being incredibly useful—irredeemably frustrating at times). I don't know how to make multilevel list creation more intuitive, but there must be a way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix standard Times New Roman ligatures in Word for Mac 365

Standard ligatures for Times New Roman are not working when "standard only" is selected in the ligatures drop-down in the advanced technology section of the fonts pane. Ligatures will work only when "all" is chosen. It's awfully confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring the OneNote Immersive Reader to Word for Mac

I can't believe I'm saying this: Word for Mac should be more like OneNote for Mac. The usually barebones Mac OneNote client has a fantastic immersive reader, while the same feature in Word is missing some core features. The parts of speech highlighting function is brilliant, but it's only on OneNote. Would you please bring it to Word for Mac?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enhance readability statistics

Include options that analyze sentences for power. Word placement, brevity, active voice, sparse use of adverbs. Combine this with Immersive Reader to highlight "flabby" words—"prior to" instead of "before" "However [comma]" instead of "But," etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Embrace alternative stylistic glyphs

As more OpenType fonts include stylistic alternatives, users should be able to choose custom glyphs from the font's character set. This would be especially helpful for fonts like Zapfino, which have up to 9 variants of some letters. These fonts are useless in Word without the option to choose the glyphs that make the font work. Stylistic sets are a step in the right direction (thank you for including them), but they're an incomplete solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FIND no longer works

I tried spotlight, but it doesn't work on my Mac either. I write long books, and might need to go to another platform. Please restore FIND or be clear in how SPOTLIGHT works. I need an answer ASAP whether WORD still works for me in this matter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Benefits of using AVG antivirus helpline number

Without antivirus, it is difficult to maintain online security these days. There are plenty of antiviruses are in the market but very few antiviruses can give required online security.AVG antivirus is one of the strongest antiviruses to the users. In most cases, people failed to install or update it timely. As a result, they failed to protect their system from virus attack.AVG experts make themselves available through AVG antivirus helpline number. Some AVG users failed to uninstall this antivirus in proper way too. For them, this helpline number works well.AVG experts always give instant response.AVG experts are certified from reputed…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How should I stay with one Battery the whole day at the University if Word is so hungry

Hello

If I use Word the I see the battery power goes down very fast. Word is also always in the list of Apps which are under heavy Energy. If you want I use Word then it must be more focused on saving battery power.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Find and replace across multiple documents in Word for Mac

Need the ability in 'Word for MAC' to create a macro that will do 'find and replace' on an entire FOLDER of Word for Mac documents. This would seem to be a simple fix. When Command/Shift/H is selected, it would be nice to have a built-in data entry box for 'find and replace' in entire folders. If it can be done on Windows, no reason to not be able to do it on a Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. more colours

there should be more colours and you could chose you own colour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create Headings & Body Fonts

In the Windows version, on the Design tab, there is an option to edit the fonts for headings and body and save that as a new font combination. In the Mac version, the Fonts drop-down is there, but it will not allow a user to create their own fonts for headings and body.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. word on mac dark background will have white on ultra wide screen

word on mac,when use dark background and enter fullscreenmode will have white area on ultra wide monitor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. word on mac dark background will have white on ultra wide screen

word on mac,when use dark background and enter fullscreenmode will have white area on ultra wide monitor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. restore functionality to put footnotes under same column.

In earlier versions of Word, in a two-column document, footnotes appeared under the relevant column. In 365 it was "improved" to give "more options"... except that the best option of having the footnote appear under the same column is removed. So you have to save in old versions of Word, which I do, making the new version of Word unhelpful. I see zillions of people have complained.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Icons for Ribbon customization

Word for Mac 365 users are now able to customize the Ribbon (and the Quick Access Toolbar), but many Word commands - and all styles, and all macros - lack icons, so a customized Ribbon (or QAT) tends to show a number of empty fields. Suggestion: provide users with icons for all customizations on the Ribbon and the QAT (as in the Windows version)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base