Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. automatic language detection does not work in MS360 for MAC. It is not possible to select multiple languages like MS360 for windows

Please enable automatic multiple language detection in MS360 for MAC.
    I have tried checking the 'detect language automatically', but this does not appear to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Science terminologies

Add genetics, chemistry, biologies, psychologies, neurologies terminologies because a lot of people use this and write in science words

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. NOTES Feature

I think about this all the time. There should be a feature to take notes in the margins, similar to the Stickies app on MacOS. Maybe there's an option to stick them to a part of the doc, or allow them to move with you as you scroll. This would be HUGE plus to writing functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think it's very important for Office Word for iPad to add dictation function.

I think it's very important for Office Word for iPad to add dictation function. iPad Pro has so many users, especially now Apple seems to make laptop replaceable by iPad Pro 2020.

Dictation function in the latest Office Word is one of the major reasons I use Word in my notebook instead of other Word processing software. But after I downloaded Word to my new iPad Pro 2020, there is no Dictation. I have to change to Google Docs....and caused I changed partially my Mac word processing to Google Docs (because they synchronized)

I observed the impact is significant 【iPad-->…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. more colours

there should be a more range of colours users can choose from, eg. a dropper tool or a honeycomb colour (where there are different shades or tints of colours,) there should be colour wheel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I just purchased Word for Home & Students and note that all saved documents retain the tool ribbon at the top. Please fix!!!!

Allow saving documents in Word for Homes & Students without the tool ribbon being saved along with it. The recipients of my documents are not interested in seeing the tool ribbon still attached, nor did this happen with any of the previous versions of Word I ever used. Documents look ugly with the attached tool ribbon!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Word for Mac 2008 crashes in Mojave when asked to print. How is that progress, and what can I do about it?

Word for Mac 2008 crashes in Mojave when asked to print. How is that progress, and what can I do about it?

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make default styles deletable

Text styles need to be more flexible. The current defaults don't suit all types of documents and making them undeletable makes it hard to get people to use the styles in templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Word for PC & Mac the same.

It would appear that an important part of the spelling function in Word 2019 for mac has been disabled. Add to Dictionary not there anymore and suggestions to correct misspelt words not there. Why is that? I'm using downloaded Home/Student version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding Persian numerals into Page fromat

How to add Persian numerals into a Word (2019 HOme and Student)
    The documents must have the ability to add the persian and numerals in incremental order while creating documents on Word.
    Page numbering.

(Just add the Persian numerals to the existing short of Number Format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Welcome Back" welcome with me - but not working with macOS Catalina

After upgrading to MacOS Catalina (+reinstalling word), the "welcome back" bookmark, letting me jumpt to where I left off last time, does not work anymore. While some here want to have it removed all along, I would like to have it back. Or at least some option to switch it on (and off) again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MS Office for linux

I have a system that would benefit from linux, but i need it to run MS Office. It would be beneficial to have desktop apps for word running on Linux without compatibility layers like wine. This would also mean that i wouldn't have to use LibreOffice in order to work. Such linux integration would be useful. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. tabbed sheets like excel

make a tabbed sheet like excel for common documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After updating to Mojave 10.14.5, Word for Mac does not retain Window Size when closed and re-opened.

After updating to Mojave 10.14.5, Word for Mac does not retain Window Size when closed and re-opened.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. put a symbol rather than advanced symbol in insert and add symbols used for chemistry

Please put a symbol rather than advanced symbol in insert and add symbols used for chemistry such as reversible sign. search option will be better in symbol tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug in Word for Mac

When I use two languages English and Marathi (unicode) for typing, for e.g. Where are you going सुनील? and if I select the whole sentence and make it bold, it will only turn english text Bold, the text in Marathi doesn't change and vice-versa. You need to solve this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Save As" should show file options alphabetically.

When I went to save a new file, it showed me recent file locations. But I could not find the folder I was looking for, since I hadn't saved anything to it for months. "Save as" options should include being able to find a folder or location alphabetically. Who remembers when you last opened everything?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 'Ορθογρᾶφος γιὰ Πολυτονικὸ σὲ Word σὲ Mac.

Θὰ ἤθελα νὰ ρωτήσῳ ἂν κάποιος γνωρίζῃ ἂν ὑπάρχῃ ὀρθογρᾶφος γιὰ

πολυτονικὸ σὲ Word σὲ ὑπολογιστὴ μὲ λογισμικὸ OS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show shortcuts in screentips

Mac version of Word is not showing shortcuts in screentips by default and I haven't found this functionality in options. I would consider this a very basic functionality that is given out of the box in the Windows version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Building Block Content Control Support

Most Content Controls are supported in Word for Mac, with the exception of Building Block controls. Word for Mac has AutoText and the Building Block control accepts AutoText as a content type, so there's no evident reason why this doesn't work. Please add support for this.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base