Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. After updating to iOS Catalina my Microsoft Office is disabled

I can’t use Microsoft Office since I updated to iOS Catalina on my MacBook Air. I need help finding a quick resolution because all of my work is blocked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. restore locked format painter functionality to Word 16

In previous versions of Word, when format painter was locked (double clicked) and you triple clicked a line to paste the formatting, the entire line would be selected and receive the formatting. Since upgrading to Word 16, the entire line is selected, but only the first word or letter clicked on receives the formatting. Drag to select works as intended, but is tedious and prone to mistaken selections. I've tested on multiple Macs. Worked on previous versions for years. (At least since 2001, maybe earlier.) This is a big part of my work flow and I'm really hoping to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Close application (e.g.) Word if last document is closed

Please close the whole application if the last document is closed. Please don't tell me that's default behaviour on Mac. This WAS the default and always was ****. These days 99% of all applications on Mac quit if there are no more open documents for the specific application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A field code to display tomorrow's date

When creating a priority list for tomorrow, I would like to use a field code that's as simple as the DATE field code. I don't understand why (DATE + 1) doesn't work for this. It would be very useful for managers and planners. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. #cloudfonts are incompatible with publishing workflow, we need option to shut off!

really! these cause conflicts with other versions of the fonts, clutter up the menu, and are not needed!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Microsoft Word freezes on Catalina 10.15

Microsoft Word freezes for 5 secs on MacOs Catalina 10.15 whenever something is highlighted or the cursor is changed from the touchpad. This is happening without a miss and is highly irritating. I expect Microsoft to at least test their products on new OS. Not the kind of quality expected when such high amount is spent on Microsoft Office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Content Controls; Date Picker and Design Mode for Mac users

These controls are necessary functions for the Developer ribbon. It doesn't make sense why they are not available to Mac users!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Word for mac (2019) does not save documents after the mac security update 2019-005

Please fix this asap - deinstalling and reinstalling word is not an option since the product key will no longer be valid....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fehler in Grammatikkorrektur

Die Rechtschreibprüfung will immer "das Stereotyp" in "der Stereotyp" ändern. Das ist falsch!
    https://www.korrekturen.de/genus/der-oder-das-stereotyp.shtml

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Crashing Lates Word build on Catalina OS

Everytime I select highlight a word or sentence Word crashes or my laptop crashes! URGENT*** please fix, I’m on both the latest builds of the OS and Wors for Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give an option to stop greying out header and footer to distribute to clients in .docx format. When collaborating, want logo to look normal.

While I understand Word is a tool for printing, we don't do that anymore, well, since 2008. We include a logo in our Headers, but is grayed out. Would be nice to have it in full color and not faded when sending to clients. Can't just send a PDF when we need them to work on the file. Would just be a nice option to have full control of the original file and get the boss from complaining to me how Word sucks so bad. I know it's not In-Design, but creating a Word doc without dimming the layered options…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give an option to stop greying out header and footer to distribute to clients in .docx format. When collaborating, want logo to look normal.

While I understand Word is a tool for printing, we don't do that anymore, well, since 2008. We include a logo in our Headers, but is grayed out. Would be nice to have it in full color and not faded when sending to clients. Can't just send a PDF when we need them to work on the file. Would just be a nice option to have full control of the original file and get the boss from complaining to me how Word sucks so bad. I know it's not In-Design, but creating a Word doc without dimming the layered options…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Command Click title of document window to access the document in Finder

I would like the standard MacOS behaviour of Command Clicking on the title of the window to display the folder hierarchy, so I can access my document's location in the finder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Eye dropper tool with MacOS Catalina

With the MacOS Update Catalina 10.15, the eye dropper tool to select existing colors from a document no longer works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide way to insert Style Separator.

There is no way to insert a style separator in Word for Mac. This cannot be a difficult function to implement, and it makes the Mac version unsuitable for editing highly structured legal documents. Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Formatting-only changes applied via a find–replace operation are not tracked in Track Changes

In Word 16.27 and 16.27, when a formatting-only operation (for example find italic and replace with bold italic) is applied in the advanced Find–Replace dialog, with Tracked Changes turned On, the change is not tracked. However, when the same change is applied manually, the change is tracked.

Please allow formatting changes applied via find–replace to be tracked using Tracked Changes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Font "symbols" need to include the Masonic logo, not just Greek letters.

Can't find the Masonic logo to add to my Fraternities in a letterhead..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base