Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Possibly an issue caused by the update to Big Sur that an Office update hasn't been able to remedy yet

Since I upgraded Mac OS to the latest Big Sur (on both my iMac and Macbook), I started having issues with services such as “Speak Chinese” ("There was a problem with the input to the Service” message pops up ) and “Convert text to simplified/traditional Chinese” (no response).
    These shortcuts work fine in other apps but not in Word.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having more writing templates

I would love to see more writing templates that focus on the genres that a college or university class would give like Narrative, Expository, Persuasive, Descriptive, etc....that would have written prompts all along the way to help me know what to write for that particular genre of writing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please update the APA stuff to 7th edition.

Please update the APA stuff to 7th edition.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Redesign the entire software :D

The app needs a revamp

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When I use the keyboard shortcuts for outlining of the headings from heading 1 to all levels, everything works except for Shift+Control+2, a

When I use the keyboard shortcuts for outlining of the headings from heading 1 to all levels, everything works except for Shift+Control+2, and Shift+Control+6. Please fix them. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Resolution for quickbooks banking error 179

In case of facing the issue of quickbooks backup error 179 which is online banking error that affects the opening of the bank website which fix by proper updating quickbooks financial statement account 
    https://quickbooksupdate.com/quickbooks-error-179/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow commenting on footnotes.

Currently the biggest issue editors have with Word: you can't comment on footnotes! The only way to do this is to insert text (in parentheses/different color/etc) which can potentially introduce errors, or to add a comment on to the footnote number in the text, which makes for some difficult navigating for the author. Please give us the ability to comment on footnotes!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An ability to customise the toolkit

I know I dont use many of the functions in the Home header/ toolkit - predominantly I use bullet points and numbering when making my masters notes. An ability to make the toolkit personalised to how you use Word would be helpful and save a lot of agro. Especially when I have to reduce application so I can look at other applications/ pdfs on the same screen at the same time, it makes trying to access the bullet point button a pain!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. binance login |binance.us | cryptocurrencynumber.com

One of the best class exchanges present is Binance everywhere in the world.You may have heard around bitcoin and how it functions. This is level 2. In this degree we’re here to reveal to you ways you could check in with Binance and Binance login steps. With Binance you may trade a great deal of cryptographic forms of money and make a brilliant amount of pay ordinary.
    Binance is the biggest digital currency trade in the world.Using it and procuring benefits, the two of them go inseparably. One ought to have legitimate information about the cypto monetary forms and afterward…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom not getting added to Wordpress Now

have solved it, 3 things were overlapping hence the confusion: The list of custom providers printed by wp-click seems not to print custom added providers, so it was confusing my debugging As some pointed out it the comments, my regex was not properly written (thanks) I had an extra / at the end of my test url, which was making the embed provider crash, and the error returned by WordPress was 'oembedinvalidurl', I didn't see it
    https://omegle.us.org/ https://ome-tv.net/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Payroll error affects the installation in quickbooks

The quickbooks played a vital role in quickbooks for payroll installation that that but got affected by the quickbooks payroll error 15241 which will be fixed by quickbooks update error
    https://quickbooksupdate.com/quickbooks-error-15241/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. On phone with Microsoft support for 1 1/2 hours trying to resolve a problem with printing a booklet using Word on a Mac. No help.

Why can't Mac users create and print a Booklet using Word as easy as PC users? Our church uses Word to create booklet bulletins each Sunday and I can't print them from a Mac, I have to borrow the church PC to print bulletins each Sunday. Why can't this be resolved by Microsoft?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Highlight again previously selected search hit on left Word pane after clicking inside the document and editing it

Highlight again previously selected search hit on left Word pane after clicking inside the document and editing it.

After
    Shift Command H
    to search

Word shows a left pane with hits. That is great. But if you have many hits and select one of them and then you click in the text showing such hit and edit it, then the left pane shows no hits. If you click the Find button on such left pane, the hits show again, but the latest selected one is no longer highlighted.

This is a significant productivity issue when you want to go through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Find and Replace in does not work above around 30,000 pages

I just spent about an hour with Microsoft Support ... with the outcome being that a document of 31,000 words does not LIST all the instances of a search. It only lists one at a time. A 25,000 word document does successfully list all instances. I WISH I HAD KNOWN THIS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. have the paragraph you're working on always stay at top half of screen

a way to customize the format so that the area that you're typing stays in a certain range of the document. in other words, i hate that as i'm typing a document whatever i'm writing will ALWAYS be at the bottom of the document, even though it would be way easier for me if it was in the middle or top part of the screen. i would like to be able to choose to write exclusively in the top half of my screen -- it's way better for my neck

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. HELP! Print box layout graphic error persists and getting worse also in release 16.51!

Hi, also in release 16.51 persists the graphic error in default print box layout: now the text should be “Black & White” (also in Italian release?!) but you can see only “Black & W” (indeed W is cut). If is a space problem, write “B&W” or better, for Italian release, “B/N”!
    Solve it, please!!!
    Thank you

Best regards

Pierpaolo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Comment ballons should show the date the comment was made. Crucial for tracking feedback. Used to work in Word 2011, but now has ben removed

Comment balloons should show the date the comment was made. Crucial for tracking feedback. Used to work in Word 2011, but now has been removed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base