Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Compatibilidad

Hace unos cuatro meses aprox. se me complicó el envío de doc. en Word desde Mac, ya que no permite ser leido en Word de Windows, probado en varios equipos y varias versiones. El documento adjunto por correo se abre y aparece en blanco. Me urge solucionar este problema en razón de mi trabajo. Gracias

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grammar mistake in Word

Please fix the comma mistake in Word for Mac. Since so many years you are obviously not able to include the rule that in German there is a space after a comma!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Format Box is not useful

Every time I would like to format an arrow or another graphic in word (e.g. putting an arrow on a picture to show sth.) the arrow is hardly bringing into shape. It is not possible to make a steady line in horizontal or vertical way. Word is automatically bringing an angle into the arrow. To fix that it is not possible to just clicking on the arrow and fix it through the coordination preferences, because the right preference is in "further object preferences" by clicking with the right mouse on the object....that is sooooooooooooo stressing!!!! please fix that like inside…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. compabiliteitsmodus

the possibility on microsoft 365 to remove the compatibilitymode on the Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Easily delete unused word templates

It's easy to take a document you've created and save it as a template from future use but it's almost impossible to delete the .dotx file when you no longer need to use it again. They just clutter up your 'my templates' page.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support for printer - HP Envy 4510 (and 4512)

I am unable to print two-sided from Microsoft Office 2016 to my HP Envy 4512 printer (I am able to do this in all other programs). Since it is very important for me to be able to print two-sided, I hope Office 2016 can add support for two-sided printing from this printer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change the default language of a Word file permanent

I would love to have the ability to change the language not only the content, but as the file itself.
    So I can the default language change to another one.

Greetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. when scrolling, highlighting stops

I was wanting to highlight a part of a document, but when I went to highlight it, it didn't automatically scroll, and when I went to scroll with two fingers It highlighting of the words just stopped.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. App Nap functionality is missing

Please activate the "App Nap" function.

The Battery life goes rapidly down, even if Word etc. is not in the front. Thats very ugly if I'm on the road.

Word needs also to much energy. Over 10 times than other cutting edge Apps which I use permanent.

Greetings

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. color code by recent opened

Hello I love the "recent opened" button, but I would love to see which one I had only opened and then closed vs. the files in which I have last time make changes.

I open often a lot of files and the list gets very long, but to find the one which I work on is often hard to find.

Greetings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. fix your symbols. It locks up and doesn't work thanks to one of your updates . Zero support and you have screwed up my ability to enter a

fix your symbols. It locks up and doesn't work thanks to one of your updates . Zero support and you have screwed up my ability to enter a a division sign as Apple, in their "wisdom" doesn't offer the division symbol on their keyboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Big problem: "Save as" page vertically over extends my screen!! Ug!

ever since your last Microsoft update, the "save as" page expands beyond the vertical boarder of my screen and I cannot access the options to locate my newly created file into a "new folder" nor can I "cancel" or "enter." I am forced to save it in pre-existing folders. I can't even "cancel" the operation. All links at the bottom of the "Save as" page are inaccessible. It is a big pain in the *!@#.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Update 14.6.6 failed running 10.11.5

When I downloaded update 14.6.6 and seached for new updates it shows the same update 14.6.6 again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you

When you click on different first header it should KEEP the header on that page, not throw it away. Then, if you give up and just decide to delete the other headers, it should not be a complicated process. It used to be very easy. Now I'm having to search the web to find out how to keep the header I want and throw out the rest. This is a total waste of my time. I can't even describe how frustrating this is!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better Uninstall Instructions

An uninstall followed by reinstall should fix most Office 2016 for Mac problems. The uninstall instructions posted at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2016-for-Mac-eefa1199-5b58-43af-8a3d-b73dc1a8cae3 do not have this effect. More often than not, problems simply recur after reinstallation. There are hundreds of examples at the Office 2016 for Mac section of answers.microsoft.com. Many Office 2016 for Mac problems that are not fixed by uninstall/reinstall, go away when the user creates a new user profile. The fact that a new profile fixes the issue demonstrates that the uninstall procedure is incomplete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Your paying customers should not be your beta testers

Really, the kinds of bugs your users are finding are nothing short of embarrassing/humiliating for MS and infuriating for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. transfer to another computer

I have got 3 Macs and I want the same ribbons ans menus on each of them.

How can I transfer it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Command "Para Keep with next" is missing in ribbon customisation

Thanks for finally adding the possibility to customise the ribbon. After trying Word 2016 some time ago I have had to revert to Word 2011 for the lack of this. I was happy to see the June update brought back this option. But I quickly got disappointed: (1) you seem to have added all commands in the customisation list, except "Para Keep with Next"!!! How is that possible? This is one of the main commands I want to add to have quick access to. (2) The customiser used to present all commands in logical groupings in Word 2011 (categories from…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base