Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Microaggression

You need to stop microaggression or microaggressions from being spell checked and automatically split into two words. Part of the scientific literature now (as in since 1970).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Focus view should be available for all Word Mac users, as in Office 2011, no only for Office 365 subscribers

I am checking the basic features included in Office Mac 2011 are only available for Office 365 subscribers. According to your publicity, Office would keeps same features, but some reinforced features would be available for subscribers. I bought Office Mac Home and Student and is completely useless since basic features are only available for subscriber.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why is it so complicated to delete a page in a document?

It would be good if you could just select a page and delete it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why isn't spelling and grammar check available anymore?

I've been writing a thesis for my graduate program and none of the spelling or grammar errors are being labeled anymore. Please make this fix in the next update. Thank you

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please please please sort out the custom dictionaries, the one for UK english is wrong wrong wrong.

Please please please sort out the custom dictionaries, the one for UK english is wrong wrong wrong. It is really basic and I dont know how many times I have asked!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow me to get rid of the superfluous "Tags" field from the File Save As menu

Allow me to get rid of the superfluous "Tags" field from the File Save As menu - it prevents using File/Save As to copy/rename a file, which is a technique I've been using since Word 6. This "Tags" field has only recently appeared during a recent "Software Update" and is an unsolicited (as well as unwanted) change. The only solution I currently have is to Force Quit Word (or Excel, whichever program I'm using) and then using The Finder to Duplicate the File then rename it, then open the renamed file in Word.
    It used to be so simple to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Let me run Office 2011 as Office 2016 just crashes so often it's not usable

The MS guys just can't seem to fix Office 2016, so why are you forcing us to upgrade to this version from 2011? At least 2011 version doesn't crash so often!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Word 2015 has removed the ability to customize the formatting toolbar.

The ability to customize a toolbar has been removed from Word 2015. This is a huge loss. It is vitally necessary to use the function to "go to next section" and "go to previous section" in writing a book. These functions are now no longer available. Word 2011 is thus far preferable to Word 2015. Word 2015 is less functional than 2011.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to put Find result mid-screen between top and bottom

I would like the option to put the Find result mid-screen between top and bottom. I often need to see the context before and after a found item to know what to do with it. Placing the found item only one or two lines from the top often hides something I really need to see, and I have to waste time scrolling up. This adds up when I do this hundreds or thousands of times in a document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have been editing documents using the review tools. And Word has been crashing ever since.

I have been editing documents using the review tools. And Word has been crashing ever since. Even after saving the document, I am unable to recover the document. Please help. I have been losing important data.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Movement of picture or images are not accurateo.

Movement of picture or images are not accurate and when you push directional button, It should shift a little bit not move too much. should make the movement of image move slowly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Office 2011 for mac on macOS Sierra has bugs

On file selection windows you can see pink squares scattered randomly on lower part of window. They can cover partly also some controls. Please make a little fix. My Sierra install was clean on emptied ssd, version 10.12.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to set a default tab

Would like a default setting for tabs rather than having to change from the home tab to my custom one or currently used one every time I open a new document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Style pane bug

I have an office 365 for mac subscription. When I create a new style in Word, it doesn't appear in the style pane and am unable to use it again. When I try to recreate it, Word tells me the style name already exists and can't go further. But I can't find the new style anywhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Print Options - The ability to print from multiple trays

I need to be able to select separate trays (1st page tray 1, rest of pages tray 3), which is easily available in Word for PC under the lay-out tab. This is a huge inconvenience for Mac users in our office.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sort out the problem with saving documents onto my MacBook. It keeps saying that there is no space. Word 2011.

I keep getting messages saying that there is not enough space to save my documents onto my MacBook yet there is obviously space. This is most disconcerting as I purchased the software to work with Word and now I can't use it properly. I am using Word for Mac. Surely this is an urgent issue that Microsoft needs to deal with?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. the in-document scrolling is quite jerky -- it's always worked better then it does now.

please allow the track pad scroll to work more instinctively. Also, the scroll bar only goes up and down on page at a time -- so I have to rely more on the trackpad than I had to in the past.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Problème de fenêtre lors de l'enregistrement

Chaque fois que j'enregistre un document et que j'agrandi la fenêtre d'enregistrement, un bout des fenêtres de word sort de l'écran et il n'y a plus moyen de la recentrer surtout quand on ne peut plus atteindre la parti qui permet de bouger la fenêtre avec le curseur car ce dernier est en dehors de l'écran.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Broken two finger scroll

Two finger scroll isn't working (only on windows products, I checked with word and powerpoint) since I upgraded to Sierra. Is there a fix for that coming?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base