Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Support Application Events (like in Windows)

In particular, DocChange.

For those of us who support Word on two platforms, this is a big deal. The goal should be that templates and add-ins can be shared across platform with minimal tinkering. But application events breaks on the Mac.

Please restore this functionality, last seen on Mac Word 2004 (!). (So we know you can do it; also isn't it in Excel?)

That, and equivalent ribbon xml functionality, would make Word truly cross-platform. Isn't that what Microsft wants too?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choose costume font sets in design tab

In the Windows version of Word we can chose a costume font for the headers and another one for the body. We can't do that in the mac version!! Please, add that feature

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow prioritization of styles

this can only be done on a pc

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back the "phonetic guide" option

Never found the icon on the preview version

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More fonts

Maybe add more fonts like the default version of Word Office 2007

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow link and save of images by default

When inserting pictures into a document, the options to link and to save the picture with the document are unchecked. if you want that option, they have to be manually checked EACH TIME and image is inserted. this is very tedious for large documents. The feature is invaluable for complex documents with many illustrations and updates are needed.

This would be improved if, once those options were checked, they remained checked until manually unchecked. that way a series of images could be imported without having some be unlinked.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for barcodes in Word for Mac

The Windows version (2013) currently provides for the field codes DISPLAYBARCODE and MERGEBARCODE. Your company is claiming feature parity between Mac and Word, which is a lie. Support these fields in the Mac version, too.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Moving a window around the screen.

Moving MS Office windows (and any app really) around requires finding any small empty space on the toolbars to do so. What about having a small marker (like an arrow that points outward) at several edge locations that when moused over, flips a tab out that a user can grab and move the window around, (up, down, right, left etc)?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mojave 10.14.3 every time I on the MACBook word warns me that it will not work with further updates of the system. What I should do??

I have Mojave 10.14.3 Every time I on the MACBook word warns me that it will not work with further updates of the system. What I should do??

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. reinstate the option 'view original with mark-ups' when reviewing a word document

The old Word version gave the option to view the original text with markups. This is not possible any more and when in track-change mode, if you reject a suggestion, you must change to 'original' view to see the original word. Very, very annoying

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WTF? Why can I NOT embed PDF in Word docx (2011)?

WTF? Why can I NOT embed PDF in Word docx (2011)?

Is this "fixed" (rather than another MS "feature") in subsequent versions of Microthoughts Wordy?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Drag and Drop Toolbars

Office for Mac 2011 allows users to drag and drop toolbars. This functionality was lost in Office 365. The toolbar unnecessarily takes up a lot of space. This reduces the space available for text. Please restore the functionality of Office 2011.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Referencing is no longer working for 16.20 word for mac

Upon the latest update of the word for mac 16.20, the referencing function is no longer working properly for both built-in styles (e.g.: APA and Harvard Anglia) and add-on styles (those downloaded from bibworld, e.g.: Vancouver and Harvard Exeter). Instead of displaying the in-text citation properly, it is appearing as {citation} and the reference list appears as {bibliograhy}.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Max and Microsoft does not work. I am considering changing all of my computers at Carter's Kids to Android because the state has it.

Mac does not work with Microsoft well, therefore it does not work with the State of Texas system without challenges. This waste valuable time and money, so our next set of computers will not be Max. Just think how many businesses will not tell you this?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. FIX IT..! IT'S A PIECE OF SHIT...............!

I had a book ready to send off to the publisher. When I copied it from Word 2011 to 2016 for MAC what was 186 pages is now 233 pages. Better than half of the images are missing and the properly spaced paragraphs are spread all over the damn place. SO.. now I'm looking at having to COMPLETELY reformat the entire FU*&%$#G thing. The programmers of WORD 2016 for MAC can KISS MY ASS..!
    PS: Your helpline is run by a bunch of non-Americans you can hardly understand and after they give you an answer that DOESN'T address your problem,…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Table-of-Contents feature so that it can be used with right-to-left languages

The automated Table of Contents is a fantastic feature that has been very helpful to me for recent projects. Would be wonderful if it were compatible with Arabic!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix needed: Render 5.5"x8.5" PDFs, portrait, one sheet per page

I am currently unable to print custom page size PDFs. Hours of working at the issue on my own, plus an hour with tech support... no luck.

Attempting this results in weird, overlapping text or: text remaining portrait while paper layout is landscape, therefore cutting off the text.

Using suggested 5x8 format does not help.

Problem occurs when headers are inserted. Please help, word is expensive and currently useless to me.

Note: This function worked fine on an older, PC version of word. Now that I am on the current version, on MAC... failure.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base