Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. in El Capitan - on a Mac book pro

n El Capitan - on a Mac book pro the when you try to save a document in Word the box is too large for the screen so you cannot "hit " the save button as it is too low down

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Needed: Word for Mac often crashes with El Capitan I am sure I am not alone. This may be an El Capitan problem, but MS-Word (14.5.9 [15

Fix Needed: Word for Mac CONSTANTLY crashes with El Capitan

Here also!! Word (14.6.0) and El Capitan crashes constantly, mixes up letters and punctuation marks - and when crashed doesn't even backup my work. I am about to switch...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. allow users to drop in photos.

allow users to drop in photos, not need to scroll through menus and that process

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix needed: Document Map in Navigation pane broken with tracked changes

I think this bug also exists in the windows version.
    I have the document map constantly open when using Microsoft Word (except for 1 page letters etc - but nowadays I only write these once a year). But when using track changes function (Word is one of the best tools for shared working on documents), this is full of mistakes. Very annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pinch out to zoom does not stick

In Word, pinching out with a trackpad is a great, and much appreciated, way to zoom a document. Unfortunately, it does not stick; within seconds, it shrinks down beyond the original magnification. This is a bug and needs to be fixed.It makes a very good advantage of Word 2016 into a major problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make it convenient to email word documents

Have an easy way to email documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am using Word 2011 on my Mac and would like to address my concern on the non-printable texts that is shown in the document.

Is there a way to hide the non-printable marks in such a way that not all of it would be hidden? I want to edit a file that has non-printable marks but not on all parts of the file. I can do it manually by copying and pasting it but hopefully there is a way(or a button to be specific) to shorten things up. [Glenn: Well said! Thx for writing up my question so clearly! Hank]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix line endings and other quirks in saving to filtered HTML

Currently, HTML files are saved with Windows line endings (CRLF). They should be saved with Unix/MacOS X line endings (LF), as they did in previous Word versions.

Also, when saving to HTML, Word improperly adds an .fld extension to any related folder. Folder extensions are not standard on the Mac. Again, this error appeared only with Word 2016.

Also, Word 2011 and 2016 both export HTML with incorrect image dimensions. Word adds two pixels to both the width and the height in the image tag, even when the picture has no border in Word.

Finally, Word's filtered HTML does not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Word for Mac Opening New Document from Template

Ever since the latest download, every time I try to open a new doc from my templates, the window pops up for a second, then it disappears and nothing happens. The cursor just kind of glitches until I quit word. Can that be fixed ASAP please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Needed: Word for Mac save dialogue

When saving in Mac, the save dialogue takes the top half of the window and moves it off screen. It makes it impossible to move the window because the top half of the screen has disappeared.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bookman font is not working.

All text in Bookman prints out as empty boxes like [] [] [] [] [] .
    Bookman italics for qwerty shows on screen as oucprws.

Bookman has been our default font on all our Macs for at least ten years. Having to change font changes the layout of many documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pull a Page for Editing while scrolling through a whole file.

Sometimes while working on a multipage document I want to work on page while having to make references to other sections or looking back through the document to verify information, formatting choices, phrasing, etc. On a multi-monitor system, it would be nice to "grab" a page, pull it off to the side, and then continue editing the page while still scrolling through the larger document to find my various pieces of information.

This would be akin to working with a paper document where you pull a sheet out for editing / fact checking in a large document. Only with a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mailings (Mail Manager) in Word 2016 Don't function in version 15.17 upgrade

In Word 2016 (version 15.17) System 10.10.5 with latest security Update
    Labels At least (what I tried) Ether Locks up Requiring use of escape to get out of command or throws several Errors One is along the lines "requires that a copy of FileMaker be installed. (Yet I am currently using FileMaker 14.4.4. A different error comes up with CVS (or CSV) "File Type file not recognized." Also on an Excel 2016 xlsx File When I goto click on Such file and do to. The menu freezes. And I must use escape key to dismiss window.

It is noted that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Create new document"-option when secondary clicking on Word icon in dock

Instead of just having the options of "Open Recent" and "Options" could you please introduce a "Create New Document" option when secondary clicking/2-finger-clicking/right clicking on the Word icon in the dock?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix(office 2016 for mac): pages went blank when editing some documents at same time or big size document, and word would crash after then.

pages went blank when I am editing some documents at same time or editing a big size document. The office word would crash sometime after then. My os x is EI caption from 10.10.1 to 10.11.2 and office 2016 version from first stable version to now 15.17.1. Error reports were always sent back to microsoft, but it still existed after many updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Job Accounting disappeared with latest update 14.6

We utilize the Job Accounting feature to print to a color copier, with the latest Office 2016 update Job accounting has been removed from all Office 2016 applications. I can no longer print to our color copier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. word crashes with Yosemite!!!!

can't close it, save the file or anything else!!! I forced it to close and now I'm not able to reopen it! It's the last version, can't download other up datings so what to do?????? I have to work with word!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display Accessibility for Word for Mac 2008

The Display Accessibility Preferences for Word for Mac 2008 need to be adjusted. Unfortunately, the current Default setting is the largest visual display option to allow you to view the "Save" button when Saving a Word document. For most people over 40 years of age, the Default setting text size is way too small, and causes severe eye strain after only a few minutes working with Word. Please adjust your SAVE/Cancel buttons to be viewable even in the "Largest" scaled choice. That way the SAVE/CANCEL buttons will be viewable in ALL Scaled views, not just the small to smallest text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. please stop sending me daily notices about updates available. New updates are too disruptive of my work, so I don't want any of them.

please stop sending me daily notices about updates. updates are too disruptive of my work, so I don't want ANY of them. I can't figure out how to tell you to stop sending them, as you only offer choices about when to send the update. my answer is, NEVER, and i suggest you offer that as an option when you nag and nag about updating. Grace Goodell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base