Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Separate selection

Since the September 2017 update, I can no longer select two separate words at the same time. It's very inconvenient. Thank you if you can fix that !

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow format painter to be added to the quick access toolbar

If you leave the home tab, there is no easy access to the format painter command. when you are doing other tasks under other tabs but then need to change the format of a selection, you need to go back to the home tab first. that is very clumsy. i would like to be able to add it to the QAT but I am told by Microsoft support that this cannot be done. That is a serious omission. also, i have seen conflicting reports on keyboard shortcuts for the format painter as between excel and word. it is sometime command+shirt+C…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Developer Tab name

Developer Tab is misleading. I was looking for the icons to build a fill in the blank form. I looked everywhere. I did not look in the "Developer" Tab because I'm NOT a developer. I consider a developer someone who write codes, programs, apps, etc. It should be either Forms Tools or something to that effect. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scrollen im Navigationsbereich funktioniert nicht mehr

Wenn man mehr als eine Bildschirmseite an Überschriften im Navigationsbereich hat, funktioniert seit dem neusten Update das Scrollen in der Navigationsleiste nicht mehr. Die Leiste bleibt immer dort "hängen" wo sich gerade im Text der Cursor befindet. Bitte den Fehler beheben!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve logic of merging documents

It seems logical to me to start merging a data file with an open master document by clicking on "Mailings" and then on "Start Mail Merge," but in fact the only way I know of getting a document to print is to click "Mailings" and then "Preview Results." Since this does work, I look no further because I have learned this much about Microsoft: One never gets an inch from the bottom of the learning curve, regardless of how much effort one expends and one never hopes for logic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix Word for Mac

You left a critical, reproducible bug in your last update of Word for Mac 2011 that keeps me from using files I was using the day before I updated. Please fix your mistake.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add a feature to keep text in different columns on the same line

This feature should keep the lines of the text in different columns on the same hight, although there are pictures, ..., like in an newspaper article. I can't find a good translation, in German it's called "Registerhaltigkeit".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. bring back the function to edit excel documents in word series letters (as it was in word 2007)

Since my recent update from Office 2007 to Office 2010 (both Windows and Mac version!) I miss the function to edit (or simply view!) the excel source document after I had selected the excel file as a source for series letters. I'm not quite sure of the exact term but in German it was "Empfängerliste bearbeiten" which is deactivated in Office 2017. The only possible thing to to is to filter the source excel file which doesn't do the right thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MS-Word Styles Issues / formatting text using multiple keyboards

When typing paragraphs containing text typed under “English keyboard - US” and “Brazilian ABNT-2 keyboard”, interchangeably, and attempting to modify the style (such as changing the font), the changes are only applied to the text typed under the English keyboard. All words or even part of the words typed under the alternative keyboard are not affected.

Therefore, although I have created a new set of styles for my new document, I cannot apply such styles to parts typed under the alternative keyboard. Even if I try to retype the words not modified to replace them, when selecting the other keyboard,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. File saving bug on Mac

When I try and save a file in Word I have opened on my USB hard drive it often deletes the file completely (not even to trash) - I have lost lots of work this way. The drive itself is fine, other apps save to it fine and if I save to desktop then drag the file onto it I can save it that way, and I have experienced this on a USB stick too. Powerpoint seems to have similar issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. impossible to paste a spreadsheet from excel to word.

The word is just stop and doesn't respond.
    it's impossible to stop word. To make it you need to make force quit.
    While the word is hanging, nothing is going on, just a lot of power consumption.
    The problem appeared after the last Microsoft update.
    Ho to fix this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Word for Mac SHOULD have an option for attaching digital signature certificate

If Windows version of Word has it why not Mac? In todays world I think it is absolutely a necessary feature to go help go paperless

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Problem with disappeared letters

When I inserted a comment, some sentences in a table became invisible. When deleting the comment, they were back. Fix it please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Naming species

I currently study biomedical science and often have to type in names of species. We are taught when naming a bacteria etc. only the first letter of the Genus is capitalised the rest of then name lower case including the species name and all italicised. When doing this in word and other Microsoft applications grammar says its wrong, when in reality the grammar is correct.
    This gets rather annoying when you're writing a paper and would be a simple fix to allow the application to know you're naming a species.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase font size of "insert symbol" chooser

When you go to insert a symbol, the menu is tiny. There is some weird highlighting thing that goes on, but it's still too small. You cannot even resize the dialog box. why not make the sizes bigger so you can read them without straining your eyes?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Closing docs in one step in Sierra

Suddenly, every time I try to close a document in MS Word 2011, I get the message: "Word could not fire event." I then have to click "okay" before the document will close. What's up with this?? Get rid of this pesky thing!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I type in Word on my Mac, it randomly drops characters and spaces so that I am constantly having to manually correct errors.

Please fix the problem with Word that is causing random characters and spaces to be dropped when I am typing in the Word/Office 365 app on my Mac. It doesn't seem to matter how fast or slow I type, characters and spaces are randomly left out, causing a lot of time loss in having to watch for and correct errors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. font problem

times new roman font was missing in 16.7 update. i had to totally uninstall word and am back to the old version. I cannot find any support for this anywhere

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base