Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Vocabulary words...please update them...integrate with dictionary.com or something. (2011 office mac)

It would be great to update vocabulary words...and grammar as well. It would help with writing essays.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Your document window starts on left corner...please fix this. (office 2011 word)

When you start a new document, the positioning of the window starts off at the top left (from previous version, it starts in the middle of the screen). When you position the first document in the middle and open up a 2nd new document, it opens up at top left screen. The problems are: 1) Documents don't open up on top left corner. 2) The second or more new documents should NOT be opening up top left corner position when it should be opening up on your current position. It should be overlapping.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the default font selection for equations actually work with 3rd part fonts

Changing the default font for equations does not work properly. Saving the document changes the fonts of the equations to a strange combination of Cambria Math and the indented font (ie XITS Math or Minion Math - both work fine with Word for Windows).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I need selectdrawingobjects button. Very important feature for designing.

You removed the option for selecting drawing objects. You can still do it but have to run the built in macro every time. We can't add the selectdrawingobjects button anymore.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. create a trash button

add a trash can button so you can EASILY delete documents.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the delete button easier to find

So I'm not even sure if you can delete files because it is ridiculously impossible to find. If there is, however, it would be nice for the delete button to be more obvious. Especially from recent. I'm not too keen on my poetry analysis from 9th grade being on my recent. Maybe you could allow us to delete it from recent under the secondary mouse button because I tried looking for one of my recent essays and I spent a good 5 minutes trying to find it

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it easy to create our personal defaults for word (example, MLA formatting).

Every time students start to use word, I have to teach them to change font, get rid of the space after paragraphs, etc. It would be better if it were easier to create personal templates or pick MLA for example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Word 2016 for Mac - Save as PDF - Hide Extension Bug

Hi everyone

My setup:

OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Office 2016 - specifically for this issue - Word 2016 Version 15.14 (150911)

When going to the Print dialog window and choosing to 'Save as PDF', whether I have the the 'Hide Extension" option checked or not, the PDF file is created and the extension is always showing. I have to then manually hide it using Finder.

I have always preferred to have the extension hidden and have never had an issue with it until Word 2016.

I notice others posting an issue with Word not showing the extension when saving their Word…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Conversation view should show all messages from any folder related to a conversation

In conversation view in a folder all messages related to the conversation do not show. For example, sent messages or deleted messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. inserting lines and shapes

Students who insert math problem may want to graph their answer, i suggest that word put in a few things that would help us make any type of graph we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please fix default setting of the viewing document. (mac os x el Capitan with office 2011)

Whenever I start a new document on word, it starts off with weird document page on the LEFT SIDE of the screen. I thought it would be in the middle of the screen...i guess not. I think it's a bug. Please put an option in the word application where i can click default and will lead to default screen with all the default tools..or whatever.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix "NUMPAGES" error that only displays left two digits of page number

Bug only displays left 2 characters of page numbers...so that if
    NUMPAGES=100+ display is only 10
    NUMPAGES=110+ display is only 11
    NUMPAGES=120+ display is only 12
    etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. handoff

You should add handoff support for both word, excel, powerpoint and outlook on mac and iOS.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix "Save as PDF" to network share

In all previous versions of Word, you can "Save as PDF" the word document to any file system (local or network). Office 365 version of Word (15.13.1) broke that feature. You can only save the pdf version of the file to your local drive. You cannot save the file to any network share.

As a side note, the "Save as PDF" works fine for both PowerPoint and Excel. I believe the Word developers didn't get the memo and broke this feature.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate with Box

Can you add integration with Box like on Windows so you can organize and save/open files to and from Box? I think this would be simpler than finding a Box sync folder, and waiting for that to sync with Box online. PC computers have this option embedded in the "File" menu like with OneDrive. Please add this, it helps increase productivity!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Czech language support

Many customers in Czech Republic would love to see full Czech language support = localized interface and grammar check. Both features are available in Office for Windows.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Do not force people who open a doc that is an email attachment to save it to their drive before editing

unlike in the past, now when you open an attached word doc from outlook, you have to save the doc before you can edit it. that adds a step that was not previously required. it's great to have that as an option but accd to MS support it is not an option now so it makes using Word more of a hassle than it was in the past

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I installed Office 2016 for Macbook Pro on Yosemite. I noticed that the select function does not work! I not see what I have.

I have Office 2016 for Mac on Yosemite. I noticed that in the Word the select function does not work, the colour of the selection can not be seen! So I can not see what I have selected. The selection works in the Power Point. What may be the problem?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keep Shading Fill Color the most recent selected color.

The "Fill" field of the "Format-->Borders and Shading-->Shading" window returns to "No Color" after the selected color is applied. In other words, if I select a sentence, go to the Shading window and choose a "blue" fill, I can select another sentence soon after, but the Shading Color Fill returns to "No Color".

Request: Keep the Fill Color the last selected color until changed or the application is closed. This functionality was present in the 2011 version.

(This allows the user to create a keyboard shortcut to apply the last used Shading Fill Color to a selected text.)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base