Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. I've found a bug in Word 2016 for Mac

The cursor movement keys are doing strange things. For example, if I've deleted a paragraph, and the p below begins with an unwanted space, it's not possible to select the space and delete it. Word simply won't respond. The space can be deleted, but not that way. There are other problems too. If I update from version 15.17 (151206), the cursor movement keys no longer behave properly at all. When I use 'move one word to the right' the cursor goes to the END of the previous word, not the BEGINNING of the next word. It sounds like a small…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. HATE dealing with Microsoft's technical support!

It is infuriating and frustrating to deal with Microsoft's technical support! Their listening comprehension is awful, and many times it is difficult to understand what THEY'RE talking about! To boot, they are usually of little or no help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG in Word for Mac 2011 - Can't change default folder, when opening document

Can't change the default folder, when opening a document. The DOCUMENTS folder is always the default folder, even if the File Locations element is changed in Preferences. [Actually, the change IS successful the first time I try it. But thereafter it reverts back and opens the DOCUMENTS folder. So the change is only temporary, for only one attempt.]

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I switched on my Mac, and found a number of Word Documents have just disappeared. Please tell me why?

I switched on my Mac, and found a number of Word Documents have just disappeared. Please tell me why? I opened Word like I always do, and the Documents were just not there anymore. After a Microsoft error report, I clicked "Send" and days later, still nothing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Headers and footer of the page impossible to modify.

If you try to copy the content of the header or of the footer, this is not possible. It refuses to select the test with the command Copy. What is wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bulgarian spell check on office 2011 for mac

Dear Sirs, with all respect to you i use Office 2011 Business (retail license) in our office and for 5 year.It's super, super disappointing that for 5 years you didn't managed to bring Spell check in Bulgarian.In Office 2016 there is and i'm super sure that you can bring the dictionary back in 2011 too.And because there is no Upgrade chance for owners of office 2011 to get 2016 we can't spend money for new license because of this feature only.I'm sure that you can make it and make many people in Bulgaria who didn't download a pirate copy ,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Folder

I cannot seem to create a new folder when I use the "save as" option on my macbook pro. This is because I cannot see the create new folder box. Neither can I see the "save" button on my screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. With update 14.6.4, color change doesn't work for text, and can't change color choice, & closes document, this seems like an easy fix. SGE

With update 14.6.4, color change doesn't work for text, and can't change color choice, & closes document, this seems like an easy fix. SGE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tab does not work for bullets and numbering. I marked a text as bullets,

WOrd 2016 for mac: The tab key does not work with bullets and numbering.
    I marked some text as bullets, then wanted to make "sub-bullets" which you usually do simply using the tab-key. now that does not work, instead the cursor moves to another part of the text. FIX THIS!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Junk this program

I just wanted to vent. I hate this program. It's like a popup Pac Man machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The maximize button (+) in left corner of OS X Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks doesn't enable me to fully maximize.

When I click the green button on OS X 10.7, 10.8 and on 10.9 in Word 2011 it doesn't go fully full screen... only half. When I adjust it full screen by manually it doesn't save the setting as in Outlook each time I open Word. Make the maximize button (+) work like in Outlook 2011 and Excel 2011.

This is very irritating and please fix this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I have 14.6.4 and when I go save it, the top bar is off screen and I cannot close it.

since the last update, the top of a doc is off screen and I cannot grab it or move it to put the close buttons in view to close the doc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drag and Drop visualisation problem

Word For Mac 15.22 has problem with the visualisation of Drag & Drop editing. If you highlight a word or several words you can drag and drop them to a new location. However, if your selection extends over the end of a line, when dragging the image on screen shows several lines or even the whole paragraph being moved not just the selected text. Fortunately the actual drop does only move the original selected text. This is very disconcerting and makes editing very unsettling. Please FIX SOON.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Symbols and equations do not transfer from Windows to Mac!! As a math teacher, my Macbook is now obsolete!

Equations written in Office for Windows do not open or look normal now on my Word for mac 2011 14.6.3. Symbols like pi and theta appear as empty boxes. This is unacceptable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. language in footnotes

the language in footnotes keeps resetting to the language set for my keyboard (Dutch in this case), even though I need it in English (UK). At times, it even autocorrects, which is deeply frustrating.

Having looked online a bit (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macword/footnotes-default-to-keyboard-language-not-the/306667d9-9f70-4342-b34f-7b703e90bc09) this seems to be a problem MS must have known about, but just never fixed for some reason...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I can't figure out how to center the text. Something as simple as that. Ridiculous.

It used to be easy to center your text - to align it right left or center - not now! And when I search center text in help menu - no search results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)