Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. looking for a clean business card not one with all crazy designs

a business card without a background, does one exist? How do I find it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hebrew Font vowels/diacritics and use with SBL Hebrew

Copied from http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macword/word-for-mac-1520-and-hebrew/235fe7e1-3d24-4772-b9fe-4d0abefd3cf1

Many thanks to the team for releasing Word for Mac 15.20 with right-to-left capability. As some have noted, you need to select Hebrew (or Arabic) as a system language in Mac system preferences for this to work. However, I have found two problems:
    Word for Mac R2L only works with a Hebrew keyboard that is part of the pre-installed system from Apple, such as "Hebrew–QWERTY". There are other Hebrew keyboards out there. For example, one that is popular in biblical studies is called "Hebrew Keyboard-SIL," and it does not work properly with Word for Mac (it works…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make word 2011 work with 10.6.8 again, I think it crashes my Mac

I think your update for word from 12th of January for Mac is a killer app... please test it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The spell checker should not confuse the lower case i with the lower case l in tables. Changes back a lot.

Allow for changes between lower case I and L that do not switch back spontaneously in tables. It is frustration and embarrassing when I write tests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Post a list of the improvements and fixes currently under development

It would be helpful to your customers to be able to see what issues are being worked on and what issues are slated for future fix/implementation. That should include a current estimate of delivery time.

I sense a lot of frustration on these pages. Having this method of providing you with our feedback helps, but only if you provide meaningful responses about what you plan to address. Black holes do not engender customer loyalty or appreciation.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back Polish Dictionary. This is step backward

I am a Polish journalist living in Canada. In 1991 I persuaded Adobe and Microsoft to start using Polish fonts and spellchecks. It took you years to catch up with APPLE, who virtually monopolized publishing business in Poland for newspapers books and magazines. I use Word since 1995. After newest update 14.6.2 (16029) of Word for Mac 2011 I do not see possibility of using Polish for Normal. There are 100 million people in the world using Polish, are you starting to discriminate us like Hitler and his friend Stalin?
    If I do not get response within 10 days I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Answer all 2011 requests from people.

Stop avoiding them,,,,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Permanently FIX this problem that got worse under El Capitan: "Word could not create the work file. Check the amount of disk space..."

Some call it "Fix saving bug in El Capitan"

I "sort of" fixed it by assigning a place for autosave files under Preferences but IT STILL HAPPENS, seemingly randomly, and it still CRASHES Word, just not as much. Doesn't happen to Excel or PPT.

This did not happen with Office/Word back to 10.6.8, only until upgrade to 10.11.2 (and not 10.11.1). However it has been around for seemingly forever for some users.

****MSFT, please FIX this issue permanently. ****

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MicroSoft word for Mac - 2008 Version 12.3.6 (130206) is to slow to react to selected actions. It takes too long to open and to save.

The Version 12.3.6 (130206) does not perform very well. It takes too long to open, close and save. My computer is an iMac 21.5 inch Mid 2014 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor with 8GB 1700 MHz DDR3 memory, so it is not an "old" machine! I think this version of Word is pretty feeble.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please respond to 2011 suggestions

I don't know you guys aren't responding to 2011 words..why?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When having 2 or more documents open, they should be open in tab form (just like an interest browser), not in separate windows.

I usually have many word documents open at the same time and I feel like they're all over the place and not organized at all. I think an option should be added where when having 2 or more documents open, they should be open in tab form (just like an interest browser), not in separate windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Normally I love microsoft office products, but I have some serious problems this time. The last two time I bought office, I bought it at th

Since I haven't been given enough words to give my opinion, it seems evident that listening is not your strong point. For the first time in history, I would anxiously entertain the possibility of an office competitor to replace microsoft. Please stay out of my personal documents and please don't ask me to allow you to connect to my work in progress. I already had to pay twice for one office program, but your system refuses to admit microsoft error.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please prevent "summary" mode from slowing Word when using track changes. (bug)

I am editing a lengthy document filled with comments. Several times now, while modifying a comment, I have somehow called up the "summary" panel. It appears that the panel is collecting data on my document, but this can take up to 10 minutes, during which I am locked out of the program.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Saving or printing a large file now prints as separate files broken into 1-3 pages due to this last update. Can we fix this glitch please!

Fix the glitch that is causing Word to print large files as broken separate files. Also, when I save and send via email a file, it is now showing up all distorted. This did not happen until I installed the most recent update. It is causing all sorts of problems for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow all keys and modifiers to be used for custom keyboard shortcuts.

Arrow keys on MacBook Pro cannot be used, unlike in Word 2011. Please restore this functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Just want to inform you that the latest update to 14.6.1 only chew on all the time again and again, but no update will not be!?

Just want to inform you that the latest update to 14.6.1 only chew on all the time again and again, but no update will not be!?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Answer all the 2011 word apps suggestion

I noticed that you guys are avoiding 2011 word! Please answer their requests.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base