Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MicroSoft word for Mac - 2008 Version 12.3.6 (130206) is to slow to react to selected actions. It takes too long to open and to save.

The Version 12.3.6 (130206) does not perform very well. It takes too long to open, close and save. My computer is an iMac 21.5 inch Mid 2014 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor with 8GB 1700 MHz DDR3 memory, so it is not an "old" machine! I think this version of Word is pretty feeble.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please respond to 2011 suggestions

I don't know you guys aren't responding to 2011 words..why?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When having 2 or more documents open, they should be open in tab form (just like an interest browser), not in separate windows.

I usually have many word documents open at the same time and I feel like they're all over the place and not organized at all. I think an option should be added where when having 2 or more documents open, they should be open in tab form (just like an interest browser), not in separate windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Normally I love microsoft office products, but I have some serious problems this time. The last two time I bought office, I bought it at th

Since I haven't been given enough words to give my opinion, it seems evident that listening is not your strong point. For the first time in history, I would anxiously entertain the possibility of an office competitor to replace microsoft. Please stay out of my personal documents and please don't ask me to allow you to connect to my work in progress. I already had to pay twice for one office program, but your system refuses to admit microsoft error.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please prevent "summary" mode from slowing Word when using track changes. (bug)

I am editing a lengthy document filled with comments. Several times now, while modifying a comment, I have somehow called up the "summary" panel. It appears that the panel is collecting data on my document, but this can take up to 10 minutes, during which I am locked out of the program.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Saving or printing a large file now prints as separate files broken into 1-3 pages due to this last update. Can we fix this glitch please!

Fix the glitch that is causing Word to print large files as broken separate files. Also, when I save and send via email a file, it is now showing up all distorted. This did not happen until I installed the most recent update. It is causing all sorts of problems for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow all keys and modifiers to be used for custom keyboard shortcuts.

Arrow keys on MacBook Pro cannot be used, unlike in Word 2011. Please restore this functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just want to inform you that the latest update to 14.6.1 only chew on all the time again and again, but no update will not be!?

Just want to inform you that the latest update to 14.6.1 only chew on all the time again and again, but no update will not be!?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Answer all the 2011 word apps suggestion

I noticed that you guys are avoiding 2011 word! Please answer their requests.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi all. There is a strange bug in Word for Mac 2011 with El Capitan: in the "Save As" function, there is no way to create a new folder and

Hi all. There is a strange bug in Word for Mac 2011 with El Capitan (10.11.02): in the "Save As" function, the "New Folder" and the "Save" buttons have disappeared. It is possible to save with the Return key, but I haven't seen a way to create a new folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. fix the bugs with el capitan

I am not willing to use word anymore since it deleted now several of my files because it crashed, and crashed again while using it with mac/el captain. I'm not here to give u any ideas anymore (after I talked to your people via chat several times and no-one had a clue as of how to fix this mess). for any mac user out there: buy pages. it's cheap and it works and don't trust microsoft word. amen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please fix a recent problem (that did not exist in previous versions of Word 2011 for Mac)

When you open Word and opens all the previous files with password and you press "Esc" in order to jump some files, the software sends an error message and reset/reiniciate. I did not happen before.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Date Selector

The Word for Microsoft allows you to insert a date selector with the ease of a single button. Looking on the internet, the only way you can do it in Word Mac is to input a great deal of coding. Could the button in Microsoft word not be added to Word for Mac

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable designing & printing of Labels & Covers on CD/DVDs

I’d like to print CD/DVD LABELS and COVERS.

After selecting from MS®Word:Mac2011’s Document Gallery (Publishing Layout View) I opened “Stripes CD Label” … but, without warning nor explanation, it morphed into “Stripes CD Covers”.

I’ve wasted much time without mitigating my angst at being unable to find any intelligible ‘help’ in achieving my goal. I have even bet $20K with my wife that I will not receive any sort of response to this missive … except to buy a new computer [iMac 10.10.5], printer [Epson 837 11.0.4], and/or software [MS® Word:Mac2011 14.l5.0 (150423)] … Please don’t make her a winner!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. persian fonts must be fixed

I'm an Iranian office user and I have lots of problems with persian fonts , and I usually have to use a different pc with windows so that I can use microsoft products for my persian works.
    It would be wonderful if these problems were fixed.
    thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Word for Mac 2011 [14.6.0 (151221)] in El Capitan [10.11.2] crashes if wrong password

When opening a password-protected document but entering the wrong password, WORD crashes, always, without exception. Just created and sent you about 10 instances in a row. Please help bad typists!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Word is near useless for mathematical documents

I am using OSX 10.9.5 and Word for Mac 2011 14.5.8, which I purchased from the university for university work.

Typesetting mathematics is fine, but after a few pages Word can't handle it anymore. It stops saving, corrupts documents, and I have to start all over again. I've saved backups, but I can't compile them into one complete, uncorrupted document.

I have wasted many, many hours on this, and it's disappointing that Word can't handle 7 pages of mathematics without barfing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base