Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. It's complete idiocy to make the scroll control on the right side of pages disappear unless you move the cursor particular ways!!!!

Suggestion: a) Whoever had this design "improvement" idea should be fired. b) Maybe you all should consider that we don't actually need a new version every year or two that makes our computers run slower and that we have to relearn, that your work and pay is more wasteful than direct welfare paid to honest people without work and that all the Microsoft make-work is part of the waste that will disappear when the extremely wasteful aspects of capitalism are finally laid to rest for good either via evolution or planetary destruction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. recently Word has started not displaying my Chinese lesson notes correctly - why?

Stop changing Word so that it messes with existing document fonts and Chinese characters - I can no longer read my study notes now

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Track changes -only comments as bubbles

track changes -allow for only comments to be shown as bubbles, and all other changes in the text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Spelling mistake in french spelling suggestion

Why do you write "Son propre destiné" instead of "sa propre destinée" in your spelling suggestions? Destinée is a real French word and is "la et non "le".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As i am typing suddenly my script jumps up into the middle of a sentence above! Fix?

There is a problem with WORD as when I am typing a long piece, suddenly my script jumps up into the middle of a sentence above! We need to fix this or have an easy to find place to find a solution !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Compare-feature for versioning on SharePoint

Please add version compare to Word, like on the PC version. When using SharePoints versioning feature, you want to compare changes. On the PC-version this is incorporated in the program but On the Mac you can't even load anything from an online location! the compare feature is really incomplete and insufficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow imported images to be seen in Word document Draft view.

With Word 2004 and earlier one could place .jpg, ,png, etc. images into a Word document by simply dragging the image file from the desktop onto the Word page and it would appear in Draft view. With subsequent versions of Word it is more complicated and you must be in Print Layout view to see any images. Bring back the drag & drop feature and capability to see images in Word Draft view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disappearing Cursor

The cursor needs to stay blinking the whole time and not disapear. This is really annoying. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support standard zoom-related OS X keyboard shortcuts

All native mac applications use certain key combinations to zoom in/out or revert to standard (100%) zoom level. All the Office apps don't seem to follow this convention, and it catches me every time. This is something I really DO NOT like, as it's quite annoying when you're used to using these shortcuts and then have to use a mouse to click the slider instead.

Please support these keyboard shortcuts in all Office apps:
    1. COMMAND + + = increase zoom
    2. COMMAND + - = decrease zoom
    3. COMMAND + 0 = set zoom to 100% (standard)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi! Word for Mac 2011 - Version 14.7.1 - Issue with Arial Font

I just updated Word for Mac 2011 as part of my Microsoft Office Suite and found the Arial font had been deleted from the Font drop-down menu. I was able to reload it by going through the Font Collections item and getting the Arial Font there. The next Version of Word for Mac 2011 should include Arial Font in the original drop-down menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve Table-of-Contents for right-to-left languages

The automated Table of Contents is a fantastic feature that has been very helpful to me for recent projects. Would be wonderful if it were compatible with Arabic!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow to customise the ribbon, as in the Windows version

and allow to define specific commands as additional items in the ribbon, similarly to what was feasible in the buttons (above the ribbon) in the 2011 version.

This is marked as "completed" in another suggestion thread but it is NOT COMPLETE as of Word for Mac version 15.28 on October 5, 2016.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Delete space before for typographic unquote sign

Using the German language the unquote sign appears with a space that cannot be deleted when I choose "typografische". The problem is new since I am using MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 and Word 14.7.0.
    Während der Eingabe ersetzen "Gerade" Anführungszeichen durch typografische.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let me scrolllll..

I'm making a poster for school online and I can't scroll to position my images nicely :( I mea, you can always make the original one free... This really sucks, you lost a user... All who agree, let's switch to Google Docs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please fix Pick A Color

When the Apple OS was upgraded to 10.10.5 Yosemite, the Pick A Color function in the Formatting Palette stopped properly matching colors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MS Word: функция CardText, ошибка: пишет "тьсяч" вместо "тысяч".

Исправьте ошибку в MS Word: функция CardText, которая переводит числа в текст имеет ошибку: пишет "тьсяч" вместо "тысяч".
    Ошибка многолетняя!!!!
    Сколько можно, что за позор!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the Track Changes BUG in Word 15.27

There appears to be a bug in the new version of Word for Mac v. 15.27 (161010). I created a new doc, with Track Changes = on, All Markup selected, and Markup options > Balloons > Show Revisions in Balloons, and but Markup options > Reviewers > All. I made a change and saved the doc, and I see my change. I sent the doc to someone else who made a change, and sent it back to me. I see none of the changes underlined / inline, and none in balloons. I check Reviewers > and nothing is checked. If…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. want my automatic fractions back

1/4 1/3 1/2 no longer coming out as fractions how ca i restore that function

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base