Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. [Alt] click on the Navigator-triangle opens or close all on this entries of this level

Hello I would love to see a easier navigation in the Navigator. So if I press [Alt] and then click on the Navigator-triangle opens or close all on this entries of this level. So its a lot faster to find the right entry. If you have a lot of headings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Latvian spelling bugs

Some words in the Latvian spell-checker are wrong and need to be replaced with correct forms. For the start, here is a short list (sources: Latviešu valodas pareizrakstības un pareizrunas vārdnīca, LLVV, LPE, Svešvārdu vārdnīca):
    tādejādi -> tādējādi
    priviliģēts -> privileģēts
    intraverts -> introverts
    ekumēnisks -> ekumenisks
    Sokrāts -> Sokrats
    Hipokrāts -> Hipokrats
    nomaldas -> nomaldās

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How about fixing the bug in Track Changes that won't allow you to get rid of changes markup?

Problem: Unselecting Track Changes markups in Word, saving, and then storing (or even worse - sending) a document. When opening the document again, Track Changes magically are back. Nothing in the meny system allows you to get rid of the markups.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't see "Save" button in File Save / Save As dialog box in Word on MacBook Pro 13"- this is NOT GOOD!

Can't see "Save" button in File Save / Save As dialog box in Word on MacBook Pro 13"- this is NOT GOOD! I can't cancel after I've asked to go to the save menu!! I paid for Microsoft Office for Mac - please fix!!!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 'Word cannot save or create this file. The disk may be full' - this is rubbish, plenty of space on both of my Macs. Please fix.

Please fix incompatibility of Word with Mac El Capitan. Tired of losing files of my macbook and iMac. Looking for alternative to Microsoft programs to switch.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Crashes too often, keyboard shortcuts don't work AT ALL, and foreign key is unstable

Currently I'm using Word 2011, after the last two updates, the program progressively got worse.

First, when I use the keyboard shortcuts, they fail to change what I typed into what I want. For example, I type --> or <-- and it doesn't change into an arrow, as it used to with the previous updates. It is annoying because it used to be a basic format change, but now I have to manually find that arrow in symbols.

Second, I could be working on something and suddenly it crashes or when I close one of the Word windows, the entire…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. combine

Capacity to combine any number of word documents to create a single document as in the Windows version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save button for Word for Mac

I can't click "save" when using the "save as" feature as the mac dock at the bottom covers the "save" button

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We need to be able to Copy-Paste into the Find function!

It is quite frankly idiotic that I have to type every single letter of every word or phrase into WORD's Find function instead of being able to copy & paste them as before. What's up with that?!

After using this update for several months, I can safely say it is NOT an upgrade in any way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. looking for a clean business card not one with all crazy designs

a business card without a background, does one exist? How do I find it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hebrew Font vowels/diacritics and use with SBL Hebrew

Copied from http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macword/word-for-mac-1520-and-hebrew/235fe7e1-3d24-4772-b9fe-4d0abefd3cf1

Many thanks to the team for releasing Word for Mac 15.20 with right-to-left capability. As some have noted, you need to select Hebrew (or Arabic) as a system language in Mac system preferences for this to work. However, I have found two problems:
    Word for Mac R2L only works with a Hebrew keyboard that is part of the pre-installed system from Apple, such as "Hebrew–QWERTY". There are other Hebrew keyboards out there. For example, one that is popular in biblical studies is called "Hebrew Keyboard-SIL," and it does not work properly with Word for Mac (it works…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make word 2011 work with 10.6.8 again, I think it crashes my Mac

I think your update for word from 12th of January for Mac is a killer app... please test it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The spell checker should not confuse the lower case i with the lower case l in tables. Changes back a lot.

Allow for changes between lower case I and L that do not switch back spontaneously in tables. It is frustration and embarrassing when I write tests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Post a list of the improvements and fixes currently under development

It would be helpful to your customers to be able to see what issues are being worked on and what issues are slated for future fix/implementation. That should include a current estimate of delivery time.

I sense a lot of frustration on these pages. Having this method of providing you with our feedback helps, but only if you provide meaningful responses about what you plan to address. Black holes do not engender customer loyalty or appreciation.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back Polish Dictionary. This is step backward

I am a Polish journalist living in Canada. In 1991 I persuaded Adobe and Microsoft to start using Polish fonts and spellchecks. It took you years to catch up with APPLE, who virtually monopolized publishing business in Poland for newspapers books and magazines. I use Word since 1995. After newest update 14.6.2 (16029) of Word for Mac 2011 I do not see possibility of using Polish for Normal. There are 100 million people in the world using Polish, are you starting to discriminate us like Hitler and his friend Stalin?
    If I do not get response within 10 days I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Answer all 2011 requests from people.

Stop avoiding them,,,,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Permanently FIX this problem that got worse under El Capitan: "Word could not create the work file. Check the amount of disk space..."

Some call it "Fix saving bug in El Capitan"

I "sort of" fixed it by assigning a place for autosave files under Preferences but IT STILL HAPPENS, seemingly randomly, and it still CRASHES Word, just not as much. Doesn't happen to Excel or PPT.

This did not happen with Office/Word back to 10.6.8, only until upgrade to 10.11.2 (and not 10.11.1). However it has been around for seemingly forever for some users.

****MSFT, please FIX this issue permanently. ****

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)