How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

PLEASE! Bring Back notebook layout for Word for Mac 2016

OneNote is not ready yet to replace this wonderful feature that was previously included in Word.

Thanks!

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eugenia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Caroline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like OneNote at all. Improving it won't make me like it. I just want the simple notebook layout. Please, bring that back as a template.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote has some serious formatting problems and is no where near comparable to the notebook layout that word 2013 had

• Nabila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kindly bring back the notebook layout to Word, as the efficiency in note taking, audio recording with automated markers with every line, the convenience in saving it in several different formats if need be is what makes it irreplaceable. Losing this option has been a great inconvenience as even the layout alone doesn't have the same interface with recordings as the original did. Please bring it back.

• tolga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ITS JUST A TEMPLATE THAT WE ALREADY LOVED AND USED. PLEASE BRING IT BACK.

• Cindy P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am delaying updating because this format is very much a part of my work. I may try David's idea but very concerned about losing notebook format capabilty by upgrading.

• Mia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly agree that Microsoft should bring notebook layout for word 2016. OneNote is incomparable and difficult to use!

I don't want to use One Note. It freezes my account and wont let me create notebooks and I have to pay to use it. Which is highly annoying. If I have to pay for it once fine, so be it I'll buy it. But it is not worth a subscription.

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just downloaded what David posted and it worked! So glad to have notebook layout view back in my life. David, you are a lifesaver thank you!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Notebook layout was the best, most user friendly note-taking option! OneNote is good for some purposes, but I do not always want to sync or save things as PDFs!!!!!! Please bring back NOTEBOOK!!!

I agree. This is insulting. Just to make people pay more you cripple your program. Please "upgrade" I'm tired of finding that new versions are actually downgrades.

• AR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please bring back notebook layout for mac. I do not need Onenote

please bring it back! your new notes platform just looks like evernote or all the other notes platforms. essentially, you replaced something that differentiated you from others for something similar to your competition but with several years of delay. behaviors like this made you loose your position of market leader

• Allie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring it back! I am starting grad school and just found out that I no longer have access to it! I loved it for taking notes during my bachelors degree! It is the closest thing to a digital representation of a notebook and it was perfect for taking notes in class!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base