How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Mini Toolbar

Where is Mini Toolbar (appears on selecting any text to change font etc.). Missing badly needed feature..! Please give attention Monks!

28 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Varun GuptaVarun Gupta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MaeganMaegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched from Windows 10 to a Mac and am disappointed that the mini toolbar that comes up when one highlights a text is not in Word 2016 for Mac. I used this feature religiously for school work and editing documents!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE let us have this important feature! Sadly missed after moving from Windows 10.

• steffensteffen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope you guys add this mini toolbar - it should be a choice for us that love it to use it and for the haters, they should get to disable it too. Please add this feature!

• RichardBRichardB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just installed Office with Word 2016 for Mac and very disappointed to find this feature missing - it saves so much time when editing. Really hope it will be restored on upgrade.

• SotheaSothea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do the pasting options pop up when I cut and paste, but the font option (Mini toolbar for Windows) does not pop up when I highlight a word throughout my document!!!!!

This was a feature that I found extremely useful when I used Windows, now that I have a Mac, this feature is missing. Please give us the option of having this feature for the Mac. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess people either love it or hate it, but it should have been a preference for the mac. It should not have been taken out completely! Give people the preference of activating this mini toolbar!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base