Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Detailed Compatibility Report with other Word versions

Office for Mac 2011 can generate a "Compatibility Report" to check a document's compatibility with other versions of Office - either for Mac and Windows. Microsoft has a URL that explains it all: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Check-a-document-for-compatibility-c5aa52e0-15c8-4da7-9942-379552795d90

This feature has been removed, please set it back as there are still some cross-version issues when sharing documents (Office 2016 with 2013, 2011 for Mac, 2010, 2007, etc.)

87 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Xavier D. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to voice my support for this. Often documents developed in 2016 look completely broken when opened in version 2011 (and possibly others, I've received several complaints). Sometimes they won't open in 2011 at all, and just throw an error.

This problem usually means I need to do most of my work in 2011 instead, which results in documents that are compatible with everything. I like 2016 better in regards to usability and layout, but I question if it really saves any time at all with these issues.

Feedback and Knowledge Base