Duplicate and unnecessary files
Dear Microsoft Team,
There are duplicate and unnecessary files (2.2 GB) in Microsoft Office Mac (3 GB). Delete these files can slim Office to less than 900 MB. Here is how:
1. Copy all the fonts in Microsoft Word.app/Contents/Resources/DFonts into /Users/Your Name/Library/Fonts;
2. Delete all DFonts Folder in the Microsoft app;
3. Create soft-link into Microsoft app, for example: sudo ln -s "/Users/Your Name/Library/Fonts" "/Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/Resources/DFonts" You can change Word to PowerPoint or Excel;
4. Delete unnecessary files in Microsoft Word.app/Contents/Shared Support/Proofing Tools, for example, you can select all non-English proofing tools and delete them;
5. Create soft-link in to PowerPoint and Excel app, for example: sudo ln -s "/Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/Shared Support/Proofing Tools" "/Applications/Microsoft PowerPoint.app/Contents/Shared Support/Proofing Tools" You can change PowerPoint to Excel;
6. Download Monolingual Mac app and delete unwanted language files;
Before slimming: Word 1.2 GB, PowerPoint 700 M, Excel 900 M;
After slimming: Word 300 M, PowerPoint 220 M, Excel 300 M.
See that how much disk space is wasted by the duplicate and unwanted files in Microsoft Office.