Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Word for Mac 2008 crashes in Mojave when asked to print. How is that progress, and what can I do about it?

Word for Mac 2008 crashes in Mojave when asked to print. How is that progress, and what can I do about it?

27 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Drew Sikula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. Unfortunately, I uninstalled my printers before finding this thread so print icon does not work either. When are they going to fix this??? So frustrating!

• Brigitte Pihulak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree too - Word crashes in Mojave when asked to print ! Icon works, but i can't use the printer settings to print selective or with special settings.
        Other office tools like Powerpoint work well - this is actual the reason why i do not allow MS Powerpoint to update anything automatically. Please correct this bug soon !

• Kitty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always use the print icon in the menu bar but still having trouble with crashing.

• Carl Barchi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought Microsoft Home Student Edition of Office for $150+tax (good for one installation on either PC or Mac). Solved the problem. Mojave should have warned us before they suggested we up grade. They did not, far as I can tell.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree Printer ICON works. But what if you want to print multiple copies (i.e. 20 let's say) the ICON only lets you print one copy at a time. Show when is this going to be fix so we can print multiple copies

• ariel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you all read the comments? Use the print icon in the menu bar!

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another user upset with Mohave and Microsoft products. Tried to update but says it cannot connect to the server. Why can it not connect to the server?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. I've spent an entire morning trying to get an update. Mojave has given me more headaches than I already have.

Thanks so much to the person who suggested the print icon on toolbar. Have migraine from trying everything I could think of to make this work!

• Brendan Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is only supporting the latest version. Some functions are only available with a current Office 365 subscription. M$ is just being M$.

• Carl Barchi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same dam problem. Save the doc as pdf. Only while in pdf: First hit "File-Print." Then hit "Yes." For some unknown reason a screen appears and you toggle "Two sided" as you prefer. Then hit "Print." Then hit "Print" again. Unless there's a better way I wish I never switched to Mojave.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem, Word for Mac 2008 crashes in Mojave when asked to print. How is that progress, and what can I do about it
        Is there a fix?

I had the same problem. Thanks for the advice about the printer symbol> I sure hope they fix it because I prefer control P.

NOT HAPPY! I lost important Word documents when I hit print in the "file" pull down bar. I found that it will only print if I hit the printer symbol in the tool bar. Icky. Mojave and Word are not friendly with each other. Can Word do anything to help?

This is a ridiculous issue to have to deal with. Word, do you have a fix in the works?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base