Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add Mini Toolbar (Floating Toolbar) for Macs

Please add the Mini Toolbar (Floating Toolbar) to MS Word for Macs. All of my work requires Word and this toolbar saves a lot of time!

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kari Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For every one of us posting here, there are tens of thousands of other MS/Mac users who need this feature (and others) available. I doubt I'll purchase MS Office again if this isn't available, as the word processing client that comes with Mac works every bit as well as this stripped-down version of MS Office products. Darn it.

• Joyner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When word is minimized, a bunch of tools gets hidden. I hope you guys make it possible for us to customize and place a subtool ("text highlight color" tool under the "Fonts" group for example) right on the Ribbon for easy access. I've tried customizing it but I can only place it under a "New Group" which is still the same thing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? It was introduced over a decade ago on Windows. When will it come to the Mac?

• Kirsty Vickers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A thousand time YES !!
    I just converted from a Windows PC to a new macbook for continuity of products and am REALLY disappointed that I no longer have this feature :(

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

What are the latest developments on this topic? Is there a progress page somewhere on new features?

Kind regards,
    Mark

• RD Farris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this include the CHANGE FONT COLOR menu? Because I NEED that back. (Can't think of a single reason to have removed this option.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base