Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Bug in Word 16.16 (180812)

Since update to 16.16, text boxes are broken. When printing or converting to PDF, the content of the text box is duplicated, enlarged several hundred percent, and overlaps the real textbook below. This all worked fine on previous versions. Every single document I have (thousands) has a text box at the top, so this is a real issue for me.

26 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike Shaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Watermark is fine on screen but is enlarged for printing. Fix or workaround desired. Mac user.

• Jill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of math teachers use Word because of the equation capabilities. This issue with the textboxes is just more fodder for our tech department to say we need to switch totally to another word processing program. This needs to be fixed quickly!

• E. Putnam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to get my text within the text boxes to print. I can see everything clearly in my Word document on my laptop screen, but when I try to print the page, the text is not there. I've even tried viewing in Preview, and the text is gone. When I print, the page has blank space where the text within text boxes should be. (Yes, I made sure that the text boxes were brought into the "forward" position.) My text boxes are also grouped together, but I need the document this way. (Someone else mentioned this problem.) I've used Word for Mac for years. Why is this a problem now? Please fix this issue as soon as possible. Thanks!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also a major problem for me. If I open up docs in Word 2011, elements shift so looking for a quick solution to meet an important deadline.

• Olivier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was working fine in 16.14. After the update to 16.16 the text-boxes are enlarged when PDFs are created. Thanks for fixing asap.

• Mathew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actively searching for an Office replacement my office will accept. Here's another voice in the great "can't print text boxes or watermarks" debacle of 16.16+ (problem still exists in 16.17 build 180816).

• IGB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My customers are seeing the same, but only when the text boxes are grouped. If they are ungrouped they print OK. This may be a workaround but this needs fixing because it is breaking a lot of documents.

• Wilma Sosa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please hurry and fix! Watermark, Smart Art displays correctly in Preview but in Print dialog box, it increases 300% and prints statistics page. Try to choose current page or specific page and prints anyway.

Feedback and Knowledge Base