Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

restore the right-click Autocorrect menu to Word 2016

In ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF WORD, if you misspelled a word, you could right click, and there, in the right-click menu, was an option for "Auto-Correct" with a fly-out menu to the right, with suggested words, and at the bottom "Autocorrect options." This menu allowed me to speed up my typing by adding corrections to the Autocorrect dictionary on the fly, letting Word learn my typing style and common mistakes.

Now, this is hidden in File, Options, Autocorrect, behind a series of obscure menus that take time, and hinder my workflow. If I'm on a typing roll, and inspiration hits, the red squiggles bother me the entire time, distracting me while typing, because now, I cannot correct them easily and on the fly, without it interrupting my thoughts.

This is a huge loss of functionality and I would like to have the right-click Autocorrect menu restored to Word. This. feature has been restored in Word for PC. Will it be restored for Word for Mac? I jut wasted 4 hrs with customer support, to no avail.

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

kevin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →