Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Black theme for Office 2016 for Mac

Very frustrating as I enjoy this feature. NOT focus mode but the actual theme itself. Currently all that is available is Classic and Colourful

33 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

I A shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed 100%. I dig the changes from 2011 to 2016, but I use the black theme on my Windows computers, I love it, and I wish the Mac version had it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the dark/black theme that is in the Windows version of Office 2016. I use the product all the time and the brightness of the white hurts my eyes. Please make this a must-have in the next insider update...please!

• H. Derick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the new 2016 design is pretty decent, it's currently way, way too bright—especially for those of us with visual handicaps or prone to migraines. It's brighter than Office 2011, and the disappearance of "Focus mode" means the bright gray colors are impossible to avoid. This is especially noticeable with Word—the "gray" background area that surrounds pages is very distracting.

The Windows version of Office 2016 has multiple themes and color schemes, including a "dark" mode which is easier on the eyes. It would be fantastic is Office 2016 for Mac could have the same. Working on a doc for several hours would become much more tolerable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base