Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Khmer Font Broken in Microsoft Word with OS X Sierra

With the Sierra OS X update on the Mac, Khmer Unicode no longer fully renders correctly in Microsoft Word. This is a regression bug as Khmer Unicode previously worked on Mac OS X El Capitan.

Sample Khmer text that renders incorrectly in Microsoft Word:
ស្រស់
ប្រើ

Please fix this ASAP as it makes Microsoft Word useless to those of us who use it with the Khmer language.

146 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nathan Wells shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I request Microsoft to fix the support of Khmer Unicode rendering on Microsoft Products running on MacOS. Microsoft is everywhere and best known for its very user-friendly office products, but yet requires fixing to make it work better for the community.

• Siveun Nhak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I request Microsoft to fix the support of Khmer Unicode rendering on Microsoft Products running on MacOS.

I request Microsoft to fix the support of Khmer Unicode rendering on Microsoft Products running on MacOS. Microsoft is everywhere and best known for its very user-friendly office products, but yet requires fixing to make it work better for the community.

• Davuth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

• Jungle Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help to fix, khmer unicode not support with microsoft office good on Mac hight serria

• Tithsya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft office 2016 or 365 does not not support khmer unicode well. For example, khmer article typed in Microsoft office 2016 on PC cannot be display correctly on Microsoft Office 2016 on Mac. the layout of the article looks different too.

Hello! Could you help me about Powerpoint 2016 not support with khmer wrong write.

• Ponlork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix khmer language in mac Cambodian people can't use Microsoft Word with ours fonts

Pls fix our Khmer font in your new kind of word version... Thank Microsft in advance

• Pov Rathna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes typing without Microsoft words it works fine, but jumping into MSWords I can't type khmer correctly. Kindly fix it please

Feedback and Knowledge Base