Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Embed fonts in Word documents

I want to be able to embed fonts in Word Documents so that I have the fonts on any computer I open that document on. This feature is in Word for Windows but not Word for Mac.

94 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Groep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, it is 2018. We can do anything and everything, but we still don't have embedded fonts on Word for Mac..weird isn't?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is essential, it's ridiculous that work for mac can't do this. PLEASE make this update ASAP

Can't believe this is not included. Just about to go to a printer and book cover has fonts my wife PC does not have. The cover fonts are now a redo. You might need to be a bit more upfront about how you explain this: just say its not included instead of dancing around the facts please.

• Daniel Holt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great but note that it's never been possible in Word for Mac. It may simply be impossible to program in because of how macOS is written.

Please, please, please add this feature to Microsoft Word for Mac. I've got a manuscript ready for my publisher and they won't accept the file unless it's a PDF with embedded fonts. I was certain it wouldn't be an issue because I've used the feature on my pc. Now that I've switched to a Mac, suddenly I've lost a feature that I'd come to rely on. Please, please, please add this feature to word for Mac!!!

• Julie McIlwaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the embed fonts option to Microsoft Word for Mac. Why offer PC users this feature and not Mac users? As a designer I use a wide variety of fonts and when a Word doc is required in a specific brand then you need to be able to embed specific fonts.

• Paul Carlberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please find a way to EMBED FONTS in 2016 Word for MAC Documents. Either that, or have Amazon stop asking for embedded fonts when submitting a manuscript under Kindle Direct Publishing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base