Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Bring back the translation tool that existed in Word for Mac 2011.

178 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When translating poetry, the option of dictation (dutch - french) is not quiet usefull. How can we improve this?

• Ola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we get back the feature of being able to translate while in Word?

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have updated currently and cannot get the translator to work. Please advise

• JB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to translate whole documents from one language to another that was previously in Mac Word 2011

• Ben Saggers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another nail in the coffin for our business not to use Microsoft! are you guys actively trying to drive away people to use another program?
        So many functions missing from Office for Mac that were there before are still there on the windows version but have been dropped for this latest "update"
        can now add - Translation Function missing - to the list.

• Tina Verni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still using Word 2011 - one language pair suddenly stopped working in the translation tool All the others work!

Add the feature to translate documents and text. Use it for all other Microsoft as well. I upgraded to 2016 and found that the translation feature is gone. This is especially important for me who is working in a foreign country.

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't just tell us you are considering it - tell us where the consideration stands. You cannot take away a useful tool and call it an upgrade!!!!!!

The translation feature worked very well, why would they take it away? Bring it back please! Or did I just buy a downgrade?

• J Michael (Mike) Ireland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why would MS delete something rather than enhance it? i have to work in both Spanish & English. i know the translations into English are literal but i could clean them up for others or just send it to them. the basic ideas were there. bring it back!!!

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just fix it! The old 2011 had its problem but they where still manageable. But this new one is a tragedy. Will have to choose Pages instead, cause your Word 2016 is just to much frustration and a lost of to many words and dokument.

This needs to be added or the program is useless to me. I have to translate countess docs from English to Spanish and Spanish to English.

In my older versions of Office, Word had a translation option which is now not available - I thought I had UPGRADED not downgraded

I just updated, mid-PhD thesis, and this lack of function just made me cry. I'm constantly shocked with the ability of companies to release "updates" which are actually "Downgrades"

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base