Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Microsoft Error Reporting & Microsoft Ship Asserts need to be upgraded to 64 bit ASAP

Reporting this important issue: As you know, MacOS Catalina 10.15 is coming out in couple of days and I noticed that Microsoft Error Reporting & Microsoft Ship Asserts are 34 bit and they need to be upgraded to 64 bit ASAP or else they won't be working when everyone in the mac community will upgrade to MacOS Catalina 10.15. Can you kindly look into this issue asap and fix it? Thanks for your help 😀
    There are files

Microsoft Error Reporting:
    Version: 2.2.9
    Obtained from: Unknown
    Last Modified: 9/24/14, 4:56 PM
    Kind: Intel
    64-Bit (Intel): No
    Location: /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MERP2.0/Microsoft Error…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't open documents with Greek characters in the title and the path

Word can't open files directly from finder if the path as a whole contains 160 or more Greek characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can't open documents with Greek characters in the title and the path

Word can't open files directly from finder if the path as a whole contains 160 or more Greek characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make it easier to navigate in word! Bring back the featues of Word 2011

When I’m in a multi-page document, it is SO much more difficult to move around than in Word 2011. In that version there was a button, or an arrow (can’t remember exactly, I’ve been using this version for a couple of years now)..I think at the bottom of scroll bars. You’d click on it, and go to the next page. At the bottom of the main window was a place you could put in a page number and go to. Now it’s MUCH more convulted. The only way to move through a large document is using the thumbnails in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Home button grayed out when opening a Word doc

Why when I click on an already saved doc., it opens in Page view but the Home menu is expanded but grayed out. It means I have to click "Home" tab (it closes), then click it again to make it operable. This is very annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MacBook Pro doesn't offer File>Info>Manage Document so I can recover an earlier version of a saved doc.

I want to be able to recover the previous version of a doc I just unintentionally overwrote. The instructions I've found don't seem to apply to Word on my MacBook Pro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clean hyperlink without pop-ups

Maybe this is a Mac security thing, but I want to establish a hyperlink to a word in a document WITHOUT the pop-up asking me if I really want to open the (audio) file from my source. Highlighting the word allows me to cleanly put in the hyperlink, but the pop-up occurs every time I access the link - unacceptable for my use.

I can do this alternately by In Word>Insert>Media>Media from file> that puts a speaker icon on the page and doesn't produce a pop-up, but this really messes up the page formatting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make bullet list from highlighted items

A very useful and special feature would be the ability to create a bullet point list with the click of a button from highlighted phrases or sentences in a paragraph. If I could highlight a paragraph and click a button to make a list from highlighted sentences or phrases within the selected paragraph, I could easily collate things like comments and suggestions into a simple list format which makes life 10x easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Word for Mac

Like many other's using Office 365 on Mac OSX I am plagued with Office 365 Grant access error in Word in particular 365.

Spec

Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6

Office 365: Word version 16.26

Font management system: Extensis Suitcase 9 version 20.0.6

We are dependent on Suitcase controlling our fonts, so I'm not going to disable it.

I have used Suitcase to clean out font caches regularly and the terminal command: sudo atsutil databases -remove.

None of the above had had any effect.The only work round we have is to place a copy of every Word file, and we have a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable Synonyms option on shortcut menu for text in tables please!

The Synonyms option is not available on the shortcut menu when the text is in tables. Please rectify this. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow F1 to be used as a keyboard shortcut

F1 is assigned to Undo by default. This is rather useless, given that Command-Z already performs that function. I would like to assign it to a different function, but I just get a beep when I try in the Customize Keyboard dialog. Please allow F1 to be reassigned to a different function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change the auto correct to be inclusive of LGBT families

I have two dads. The autocorrect underlines the word "dads" as incorrect and suggests "dad's" every time I write about my family. Little things like this go a long way. Please change the autocorrect to not think that "my dads" or any variation of the term is incorrect. Like I said, these small things in life really stick out for certain people and it would mean a lot if Microsoft would change this in all future versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. APA Citation does not italicize nor is there an option for citing a Canadian Statute or Canadian case

APA Citation does not italicize nor is there an option for citing a Canadian Statute or Canadian case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't expand character spaces on a line that ends with SHIFT-RETURN formatted in justified text

Don't expand character spaces on a line that ends with SHIFT-RETURN formatted in justified text.
    This was optional in settings - now it is no more available. You can force word only do to so with a combination of Tab Stop Shift+Enter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Setting default window size of Word for all documents

Word has no option where I could set default window size for all documents to open into. I tried normal.dotm but couldnt customize word size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Templates - Filter in search field to refine and improve search results

In Word for Mac 2011, when you search in the Templates search field, as you add words, the number of results are reduced to only those that contain all the words you are searching for.

In 365 it seems that it just increases the range of the search to include any result that contains any of the words I put in the search field - making it impossible to refine the search to more relevant results.

Apparently according to MS support, this works in Windows?

• I upgraded to 365 only to find a worse product :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spending too much time upgrading to Office 365 for Mac

Since I can't seem to get phone or even chat help, I'm switching to iWork.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Word>format>paragraph>check box - "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" - Once chosen keep it! Tired of having to re-check.

Word>format>paragraph>checkbox - "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" - Once I have checked that box, please leave it - apply to every subsequent document until I chose to un-check it. I get very tired to having to repeat the ritual for every new doc. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have you removed the sound reinforcements to orders from the new word? If so, why? My Home Student 2019 version does not have it.

Have you removed the sound reinforcements to orders from the new word? If so, why? My Home Student 2019 version does not have it. It wouldd be great to restore this function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base