Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 分辨率问题

我不知道这个2011版本的word的分辨率问题怎么解决,前提是我这已经是最新版本了

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. problem with citations not formatting footnotes correctly

When adding citations in the footnote, it doesn't display the full reference. It only displays the Author and the Year.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. no es propiamente una sugerencia

Siempre he usado WORD sin mayores problemas (es un tool indispensable en mi trabajo diario), sin embargo, hace varias semanas q se bloquea sin razon alguna (o al menos que yo pueda detectar) ... he intentado actualizar mi programa y no es posible ... x favor, pueden ayudar?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. double sided printing from word

I would like to have the option of a box that pops up in word when I press control Print that asks me If I want one-sided or two-sided printing. I have it for excel but not for Word. In word it is a bulky process to change one-sided to two-sided or the reverse. I must go into file, then Print, then copies and pages, then layout....all in order to change this aspect of document printing. I can't believe that Microsoft doesn't have this down by now - all my pdf files have it....Please fix this in your next version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There was a problem when opening the file between Macbook and PC. Thai Version

Please leave a question. "Due to the regular use of Microsoft Word in Thai Macbook with PC, the file will be saved as File Format: Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) mainly to prevent the file problem when opening the file between Macbook and PC. "

But after Apple has released a new MacOSX update, Microsoft Word will not be able to use File Format: Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) on Macbook. 1. Open file and can not print, edit 2. Cannot align the page after the document 3. When printing, there will be a gap in the document.

Please help. File Format:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Comment-and-Tracked-Changes-Only Permissions for Word Docs

Currently there is only a checkbox to allow editing or not editing privileges when sharing a Word Doc. This isn't especially useful for collaboration.

I've figured out a way around this if I want to let collaborators comment, but not edit, and that's to make it editable but protect the file. However, I have to choose between comment and tracked changes for what to allow a user to do.

A combination of both settings works a lot better when collaborating with others. However, this option doesn't currently exist.

Essentially, If I could protect the doc from untracked editing, but allow…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Navigation Pane - Customization default settings

Full context: I'm a UX Writer who manages lengthy copy docs for apps and other digital products and have recently been forced to switch to MS Word.

I (and many others, if Googling this idea is any evidence) use the Document Map feature of the Navigation Pane quite frequently for very large documents. I have no way to tailor the document map to my needs which is ruining my workflow and my ability to collaborate efficiently.

There is a way to set up a macro to default open to the Document Map when opening a Word Doc which is fine,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiple copy option

I use two languages for typing English and Marathi. There more characters in Marathi than English and they are all covered in basic keys and keys using shift key. Due to which, if I have to type question mark (?) or Single quote or Double quote (' , ") I have to either press caps lock key and then press question mark key, again press caps lock key to type in Marathi or switch the language to English using combination of of two key (in my case it is cmd & spacebar), type question mark, again switch the language to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. shapes as horizontal and vertical lines doesn't work

I am a high school teacher who creates a lot of documents with graphs.
    I draw the graphs as shapes and word will not let me insert shapes (lines) as horizontal lines or vertical lines. snap to grid doesn't help.
    older versions allowed this feature.

How can I turn off this feature or set a new default that does allow vertical and horizontal lines?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Do more pp in butt

really good get in there

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For multilingual documents: option to apply a different language while running spell check

When editing a long document (such as a book) with an occasional word from another language, the user has to select "Ignore", "Ignore All", or "Add". Or, before running spell check, the user has to go through the document and select each word of a different language and apply the language to it (not feasible timewise). Another strategy has been to create separate character styles for each language (again, not feasible to use in our environment, where we have maybe 50 custom styles).
    This would be handled much better with the option to apply a different language or no proofing,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mac Word VBA Createobject/"new applicationname"/getobject still not working

As reported in https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5f90521-a691-4cdb-94a4-c2a864a09e3e/createobject-etc-in-mac-office-2016?forum=Office2016forMac and via the Office smiley mechanism, using createobject/getobject to create/get Excel objects from Word hasn't worked in Word 2016/2019/365 for some time. This basically undermines the entire notion that Office can be automated on the desktop on Mac.

BTW I will be posting this on office365.uservoice.com as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Different Last Page Option in Headers and Footers

A lot of the company documents I create require different header and footer information and manually adding this to working documents, where pages are regularly added and removed, takes up too much time (this also includes images so IF commands don't cut it).

Having a "Different Last Page" tick box in the Header & Footer section the same way we have the "Different First Page" would be incredibly helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Moving a window around the screen.

Moving MS Office windows (and any app really) around requires finding any small empty space on the toolbars to do so. What about having a small marker (like an arrow that points outward) at several edge locations that when moused over, flips a tab out that a user can grab and move the window around, (up, down, right, left etc)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Moving a window around the screen.

Moving MS Office windows (and any app really) around requires finding any small empty space on the toolbars to do so. What about having a small marker (like an arrow that points outward) at several edge locations that when moused over, flips a tab out that a user can grab and move the window around, (up, down, right, left etc)?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. keine verbindung zum update server möglich. was jetzt?

keine verbindung zum update server möglich. was jetzt?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Word Translation Application

Folks:

A great add-on feature in Microsoft 360 Word for Mac application would allow you to generate antonyms to selected words. This would be helpful in my Norwegian and English writings. Thanks, Erik

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base