Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Saved Window Position

Open Word 2011 in the same place I left the windows! I want the windows to fit the edges of my screen (and the top of my toolbar on the bottom) without me trying to readjust every time I re-open the application, or without me entering into full screen!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In Tables, fix cell width function so that it works consistently. It often doesn't.

In Tables, fix cell width function so that it works consistently. It often doesn't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to see a true English dictionary or at least be given the opportunity to add words to the dictionary. Color is not UK English

I would like to see a true English dictionary or at least be given the opportunity to add words to the dictionary. Color is not UK English nor are endeavor; specialize; recognize. A few years ago, when I was using Microsoft Word on a PC, it came with the ability to add words to the dictionary. Why is that now not possible?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please prevent "summary" mode from slowing Word when using track changes. (bug)

I am editing a lengthy document filled with comments. Several times now, while modifying a comment, I have somehow called up the "summary" panel. It appears that the panel is collecting data on my document, but this can take up to 10 minutes, during which I am locked out of the program.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Saving or printing a large file now prints as separate files broken into 1-3 pages due to this last update. Can we fix this glitch please!

Fix the glitch that is causing Word to print large files as broken separate files. Also, when I save and send via email a file, it is now showing up all distorted. This did not happen until I installed the most recent update. It is causing all sorts of problems for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Word Work File D_4.tmp

I lost my lab report, microsoft word crashed and I dont know what to do it was due today T__T. WTF! Its not on the recents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Answer all the 2011 word apps suggestion

I noticed that you guys are avoiding 2011 word! Please answer their requests.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi all. There is a strange bug in Word for Mac 2011 with El Capitan: in the "Save As" function, there is no way to create a new folder and

Hi all. There is a strange bug in Word for Mac 2011 with El Capitan (10.11.02): in the "Save As" function, the "New Folder" and the "Save" buttons have disappeared. It is possible to save with the Return key, but I haven't seen a way to create a new folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please make it possible to use "them", "their", and "themselves" as a singular non-gendered pronoun.

Right now it is only possible to use the singular pronouns "him" and "her". While this is not intentionally excluding a large number of people, it is not inclusive. Also, it is frustrating to write "himself and herself" instead of "themselves" when we use the latter in conversation and writing all the time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. fix the bugs with el capitan

I am not willing to use word anymore since it deleted now several of my files because it crashed, and crashed again while using it with mac/el captain. I'm not here to give u any ideas anymore (after I talked to your people via chat several times and no-one had a clue as of how to fix this mess). for any mac user out there: buy pages. it's cheap and it works and don't trust microsoft word. amen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. when i upgrade my office it's become slower then before much!

when i upgrade my office it's become slower then before much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Permanently FIX this problem that got worse under El Capitan: "Word could not create the work file. Check the amount of disk space..."

Some call it "Fix saving bug in El Capitan"

I "sort of" fixed it by assigning a place for autosave files under Preferences but IT STILL HAPPENS, seemingly randomly, and it still CRASHES Word, just not as much. Doesn't happen to Excel or PPT.

This did not happen with Office/Word back to 10.6.8, only until upgrade to 10.11.2 (and not 10.11.1). However it has been around for seemingly forever for some users.

MSFT, please FIX this issue permanently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MicroSoft word for Mac - 2008 Version 12.3.6 (130206) is to slow to react to selected actions. It takes too long to open and to save.

The Version 12.3.6 (130206) does not perform very well. It takes too long to open, close and save. My computer is an iMac 21.5 inch Mid 2014 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor with 8GB 1700 MHz DDR3 memory, so it is not an "old" machine! I think this version of Word is pretty feeble.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Word is near useless for mathematical documents

I am using OSX 10.9.5 and Word for Mac 2011 14.5.8, which I purchased from the university for university work.

Typesetting mathematics is fine, but after a few pages Word can't handle it anymore. It stops saving, corrupts documents, and I have to start all over again. I've saved backups, but I can't compile them into one complete, uncorrupted document.

I have wasted many, many hours on this, and it's disappointing that Word can't handle 7 pages of mathematics without barfing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add names to database to avoid embarrassing situations!

My name is normally changes to "Sushi" and both my colleagues and students find it embarrassing. Could you please add less known names to the database so that autocorrect or red squiggle are not triggered?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. latest updates has broken the "show all nonprinting characters" preferences.

spaces show up as black dots (instead of blue) and you can turn them all on or all off but nothing in between.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The search function is inadequate

The search box does not even let me find the word I was looking for. It limits me to replacing a word which is not what I intended to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio recording in Notebook Layout (Mac 2011) regularly freezes Word

This has happened for years, both with my Macbook Pro using OS 10.6.8 and now OS 10.11.2. After stopping and starting the recording 3-10 times, WORD freezes. And in agreement with another comment, please don't lose either Notebook Layout or the recording feature. Both incredibly useful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base