Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. microsoft user data document

When using Office on Mac, a Microsoft User Data folder is created in the ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft instead of the Document folder.

Since the folder is huge (3 Go), it make it hard to enable the iCloud drive synchronization for the Desktop and Document folder

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. See w/ whom I have shared a file

When sharing a file from Word- I would like to be able to quickly see and confirm the users I have shared the file with. For instance coming back to a file later and not sure if someone has access...

Would be great to be able to click somewhere up on the right top menu and see the users (even if they aren't currently in the document)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. PLEASE BRING BACK NOTEBOOK LAYOUT TEMPLATE!

This template was so convenient for taking notes during lectures, to edit later and section of topics. Even the lined paper was amazing! But now with one note there's no quick way to do that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Window menu - Separate commands from names of files

I just upgraded Word and the list of open documents in the Window menu is no longer just a list of document names - its' a mixture of document names and menu commands. This is a terrible idea. If you want to add menu commands, fine - but don't mess up my list of document names please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I downloaded MS Word 16.31 (11/15/19) I lost the ability to show selected text. Running Catalina 10.15.1 on Mac. Many incompatabiliti

Many incompatibilities between MS Word 16.31 and Catalina. 3 Calls to Support. Finally got MS Office/Word 16.31 removed and 16.16 installed. I can now select text, cut, paste and edit. Bugs between new MS Office and Catalina need to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I downloaded MS Word 16.31 (11/15/19) I lost the ability to show selected text. Running Catalina 10.15.1 on Mac. Many incompatabiliti

Many incompatibilities between MS Word 16.31 and Catalina. 3 Calls to Support. Finally got MS Office/Word 16.31 removed and 16.16 installed. I can now select text, cut, paste and edit. Bugs between new MS Office and Catalina need to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search for drop cap

Word has the ability to search for Page, Section, Line, etc., but Drop Cap is not on this list. Please add this capability so we can edit or remove all drop caps throughout a document. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Word is no longer saves new documents after having it open for some time

Once I've had the application open for the majority of the day, any new documents refuse to save, saying it does not have 'file permissions'. I have to completely quit word, closing all windows in order to restart a new document again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. facing issues with arabic

i am using macbook air, how come when i am trying to type in arabic the arabic letters are separate??? however i am able to correctly type on excel and power point. only facing problems with word document. please assist thank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy & Paste

In Word 2011 for Mac it was easy peasy to create a 3 page simple word document and copy and paste PDF pages into the document. This would typically create a 500KB file for emailing.
    I upgraded to Word 2019 because more documents were coming in that format and saving them in 2011 was not possible except as a PDF. Now if find that doing the same steps in Word 2019 results in a file that is 45 MB and my email provider will not allow me to send it. The work around is to save it as a PDF…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. allow user to search Team site to save a copy

when i am a member of many Microsoft Team sites, and i try to save a PowerPoint, it is difficult to find the team site. Can you add Team site search box in save as menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Office 365 compatible with the Catalina OS!!!

About set to fire off a manuscript to a publisher. Just updated my iMac with Catalina and tried to download Office 365 (shared from my wife's account) to make the manuscript a MW document. Office 365 won't download! What's up?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. move the Navigation Pane of Word to the right side

To be able to move the Navigation Pane of Word for Mac to the right side. Like how it is for Windows where there is a drop down arrow to select Move and the pane can be dragged anywhere on the screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save selection to cover page – missing!!!

Make the 'Save selection to cover page' and 'Save selection to Header/Footer' feature work on My Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. enable plain text as default format when paste

I dont think this idea is new, I saw people asking years back, but still has not beeb supported.
    PLEASE enable this,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reference

In the Mac's Word, for reference, we are not able to add xml or any types of file to Manage Source button. This is a huge issue of Microsoft Word. for example, I cannot upload the xml file from Mendeley which has hundreds of resources to Word
    Please solve this Issue. It is a huge problem for researchers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have the most current OS and current Word for Mac. It just crashed and i lost everything, even though I have auto save.

Please fix the crash issues with Word and Excel. I am constantly experiencing crashes, lost work, etc. this has been an ongoing issue for years. Not sure why your counterpart for PC’s works great, but on a Mac, it leaves a lot to be desired. Not only are the interfaces different, there are constant crashes. Sure wish you could spend some time on this platform as more and more professionals use your product in a business environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why can I not see the exact size of an image anymore when I make it larger or smaller in my Word app on the iPad? Since the last update?

I used this tool several times a day. I have a tattoo shop and the exact size in cm for a design is very important for me. HELP!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Version number is not being updated when update is installed.

"Word>About Microsoft Word" shows that my version of Word is out of date. (Currently showing 16.16.10.) So Microsoft AutoUpdater shows that it needs to be updated. Yet when I Control-click on the Word icon and select Get Info, it shows the current version, 16.16.15. The problem is that Microsoft AutoUpdater appears to check the version number shown in About Word to determine whether or not an update is needed, so it's constantly trying to update what is already the latest version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Duplicate and unnecessary files

Dear Microsoft Team,
    There are duplicate and unnecessary files (2.2 GB) in Microsoft Office Mac (3 GB). Delete these files can slim Office to less than 900 MB. Here is how:
    1. Copy all the fonts in Microsoft Word.app/Contents/Resources/DFonts into /Users/Your Name/Library/Fonts;
    2. Delete all DFonts Folder in the Microsoft app;
    3. Create soft-link into Microsoft app, for example: sudo ln -s "/Users/Your Name/Library/Fonts" "/Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/Resources/DFonts" You can change Word to PowerPoint or Excel;
    4. Delete unnecessary files in Microsoft Word.app/Contents/Shared Support/Proofing Tools, for example, you can select all non-English proofing tools and delete them;
    5. Create soft-link in to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base