Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. If I paste text into Word it doesn't catch capitalization errors. It autocorrects when type, but I need spell check to work on pasted type.

When I copy and paste text into Word it doesn't catch capitalization errors when I use spell check. I'm proofreading and need to make a note of errors. It autocorrects when type, but I need spell check to work on pasted-in text. After working with support there was no solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep the standard and formatting toolbars visible at all times, even when in Header/Footer view

This suggestion is for Microsoft Office 2019 for MAC OS. When working in the header/footer view, the formatting and standard toolbars disappear. If you want to make text embellishments, you have to hit the Home button, and then the toolbars re-appear. I'd like to recommend that the standard and formatting toolbars remain visible at all times, regardless of the view. And also, the ribbon toolbar is not helpful at all when in Header/Footer view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. show the complete filename and the style of the line where the cursor is now with a selection mechanism to change the style as in Word 2011

Show the complete filename in the space above the document. Also, show the style of the line where the cursor is in the document with a selection mechanism to change the style as in Word 2011. The change to the style should trigger a popup window that asks if the style itself should be updated or just the document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. show the complete filename and the style of the line where the cursor is now with a selection mechanism to change the style as in Word 2011

Show the complete filename somewhere in the space above the document. Also show the style of the line where the cursor is now with a selection mechanism to change the style as was done in Word 2011

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Word题注中多级编号增加“正规形式编号”功能

Word 中,若一级标题采用中文编号 “一、二、三”,则在题注中包含章节号时,题注样式会变成 “一-1” “一-2”这样。

而在自定义多级符号列表功能中,可以通过设置 “正规形式编号”实现“1.1”、“1.2”,避免上述情况的发生。

请在题注中,增加实现“正规形式编号”的功能。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have the option to not show "Styles" in the "Home" tab of the ribbon

It would be great to be able to have the option not to show "Styles" (i.e., Normal, Heading 1, etc.) in the "Home" tab of the ribbon at the top of the document. At the moment, the Home tab shows Clipboard, Font, Paragraph, Styles, and Sensitivity. The "Styles," however use up the entire left-hand side of the ribbon, so if someone doesn't use them they just create clutter. Could you make a checkbox in the Preferences for the ribbon to turn this on/off?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Office 365 word white text on dark page background

Setting dark page background with white text the mouse pointer becomes invisible when moving through the text. This issue is limited to the Office suit only, Powerpoint included, as other Mac word applications (pages, scrivener) work as intended. To my knowledge the problem does NOT exist in Office 365 on Windows. I talked with a MS technician (case number 1492020518) and she confirmed this may be due to a feature limitation in the Office suite. Please, fix the problem ASAP, it is shameful that features available on the windows platforms are not available in the Mac counterpart. Personally I will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dark background, white text unavailable on Office 365 Home edition

Setting dark page background with white text the mouse pointer becomes invisible when moving through the text. This issue is limited to the Office suit only, Powerpoint included, as other Mac word applications (pages, scrivener) work as intended. To my knowledge the problem does NOT exist in Office 365 on Windows. I talked with a MS technician (case number 1492020518) and she confirmed this may be due to a feature limitation in the Office suite. Please, fix the problem ASAP, it is shameful that features available on the windows platforms are not available in the Mac counterpart. Personally I will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. True dark mode for menu bar and background

Although word supports dark mode, it isn't a true dark mode (#000000), the addition of such would allow devices with an OLED panel to display and even have a more comforting view for all devices

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft account picture for office for mac

I have no way of seeing my picture in any office for Mac 2019 application. It shows in Skype but in any office applications it does not show up under account and I only see my initials. Is there a fix or update coming to solve this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please provide a means of turning off "Welcome back" greeting when opening word in Mac.

Can those of us who don't want to fiddle with weird and wonderful tekky features just use something in the drop down menu to turn off this incredibly annoying feature??? You're not fooling me, I know Bill Gates could care less if I'm using word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: numbered lists replaced by black boxes

I've encountered this bug many times and found "solutions" online, but they never seem to stick. When I save, close, and re-open the document, the black boxes are there again. It seems to happen most when going from a Word doc to Google doc, then back to Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Filter tracked changes by category (Formatted, Deleted, etc.)

As a user that reviews documents that go through many revisions between multiple hands, I would like to be able to filter tracked changes by category (Formatted, Deleted words, added words, etc.) so that i can more efficiently review content changes and not have it visually cipher through formatting changes as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft's grammar suggestions are WRONG.

Microsoft's grammar suggestions are truly way off. Work on it. I'm writing a novel. The line is: "I drink in their stares and glances." The suggestion is to change "stares" to "stairs." Drink stairs?! Even if creative writing doesn't compute in Microsoft's grammar world, how can this ever pass as a useful suggestion?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Añadir soporte para LaTex en Word para Mac. O al menos debería haber atajos de teclado para determinados formatos de ecuaciones.

Los códigos de teclado no funcionan o no se encuentran para escribir ecuaciones con formatos complejos.
    Si no añaden el soporte para LaTex en Mac, al menos esta posibilidad debería estar disponible.
    Gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When thesaurus is open, clicking on a new word should substitute new word into the thesaurus

If you select a word to check in thesaurus via Synonyms>Thesaurus, then the word gets displayed in the panel that opens up on the right.
    All good so far...
    However, if you right click another word to check, again using Synonyms>Thesaurus, the righthand side panel closes. Not what you'd expect to happen. What should happen is that the word that you were checking first would be replaced by the new word you want to check!
    That is what should happen logically!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to change font & size of all citation numbers in a doc?

I have Word 16 & use a recent Macbook.

I want to re-format the endnote citation numbers that appear in the body of a document (say at the end of a sentence).

I know how to re-format them from (say) 1 2 3 to i ii iii. But I need to format the font and size of every such number in the doc. All at once. This is because they presently appear in different fonts & sizes almost every time I insert an endnote. A way to prevent that in future would be much appreciated also.

Thanks to all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base