Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. search within navigation bar

The navigation pane is particularly useful when dealing with documents that have a complex structure, in order to quickly navigate to the desired section. Problem is, there is no way to search within the navigation pane. The fact that the search icon activates the search in the whole document (not limited to headers) is very confusing, since there is already another place where that happens (top right corner, on the Mac version). There shouldn't be two ways to do the right thing. In order to maintain a backward compatibility with the previous releases (in terms of users' mental models) and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve macro recording in Word for Mac

Recording most actions in Word for Mac gets ignored. This didn't happen in Word under Windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP Excessive Spinning Wait Cursor (Rainbow Ball)

Make MS OFFICE 2011 for MAC more error free and cause fewer episodes of the SPW. When I do not use any of the MS Office 2011 components I can breeze through my work/screen with minimal SPW (1 second or less). As soon as I use any MS Office component the SPW runs for one minute or longer. WHen I just saved this short document it took 1 1/2 minutes. I am using iMAC OS Sierra version 10.12.1; iMAC 21.5 inch; Mid 2014; 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5; Mem 8GB 1600MHz DDR3;

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Restore the Scheduling of AutoUpdates!

I realize that MS AutoUpdate has been changed and the option no longer allows for the scheduling of when AutoUpdate checks for updates.

The only trouble with this plan is that sometimes I have software I don't want to update immediately. As others have mentioned, given that some updates are critical for security, I want to be alerted that there IS an update available (thus the automatic setting). But I may not want to install some updates immediately if I have a major project underway and can't afford glitches. (I have learned the hard way not to update apps just…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quick Access Toolbar: Add text highlighting.

I would like to have text highlighting (e.g. a little yellow box) available in the Quick Access Toolbar. This would let me keep the ribbons closed while reading, and thus provide more space for the text window.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. No way to post a path with filename in the footer

Presently working with Microsoft office 2011 for Mac, and after searching on the internet and contacting Microsoft Answer Tech, I find there is no way to do it!! Several previous versions have the capability, but not 2011 for Mac. How can a newer version not have the same capabilities of previous versions? How can "we" fix this?
    The tech suggested I go to the file, right click on the document name, go to "get info" and cut and paste the name into the document. I'm thinking we can do better than that. Please help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug reporting

It seems the Tell Us What

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Select Font Menu

The current excruciating list of the fonts that are rarely, if ever, used, need a quick pruning. Why can't users have a personal, select(able) font menu to replace (temporarily or permanently) the never ending incumbent font menu?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Colored Strikethrough line

Currently, Strikethrough line comes in black. For educational purposes, sometimes it is needed to emphasize the error by a colored line of the strikethrough. At list a red line, in addition to the current black line of the strikethrough is highly desirable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I do not get a response from you and I cant work

I do not get a response from you and I cant work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Printing Two-Sided

It took me all day just to find where to select how to print two-sided. There is no justified reason to place that option in a hard to find placement. This seems like an option that is regularly used but now it is a hassle to search for and find a drop down list that can easily be clicked for the wrong option by mistake and some people do not realize the option still exists so my 40 page manuals and training protocols turn into 80 pages which is a complete waste. This option should have a simple check box…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Since the last update I cannot open any files in word Excel and Power Point

Since the last update I cannot open any files in Office for Mack.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix autocorrect please

Autocorrect keeps on "fixing" words when I'm not finished typing them. As a result, it leads to mistakes and other forms of frustration. For example, I want to type "generally" but I can't even type the second 'l'. So, finally, I type the 'y' and now I have "generaly" which gets flagged as a misspelling (Duh!). Sometimes it's much worse, as when the "corrected" word is just the wrong word rather than a misspelling and doesn't get flagged and is much harder to find. Speaking of misspellings, the spell check seems to be pretty spotty these days.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lock a Picture/Textfield.

Would be great, if it was feasible to lock a textfield or a picture, while the Exchange of the Content still would be able.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I am unable to change the dates in calender mode. This happend last year also.

I am unable to change the dates in calender mode. This happend last year also.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base