Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Numbered lists with Eastern Arabic (Arabic-Indic) numerals

When creating a document in Arabic, there should be an option to make a numbered list with Eastern Arabic numerals (١٢٣٤٥٦٧٨٩٠). Currently the only option is Western Arabic numerals (1234567890) or Arabic letters. This option is available for Windows, but not for Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mac version is missing Apply Styles dialog box from Windows version

Word for Windows has an "Apply Styles" dialog box with "Autocomplete style names" checkbox. This would be VERY helpful on the Mac version, so that we can apply styles by typing with autocomplete.

Please add this feature to the Mac version!

For details on how it works in Windows, see: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/word-2013-styles-in-depth/applying-styles-using-the-apply-styles-dialog-box

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save as PDF - PDF version standard

Export/Save as PDF should use the same PDF version standard across all Microsoft products for example version 1.7 regardless if using Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, or Microsoft Online and regardless of using the option use Microsoft online service to generate the PDF or using the local service.
    This consistency is critical to having a consistent and supported cross platform user experience with PDFs being used or printed which were created by Microsoft products.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Функции рукописного ввода и преобразования рукописного текста в печатный текст в Word для macOS

Реализуйте функции рукописного ввода и преобразования рукописного текста в печатный текст в Word для macOS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Frequency Count/Index of Vocabulary Usage

For all the creative writers who use Word, it would be helpful to be able to run a report/index that shows how often one has used each specific vocabulary word in a document. For example, if you're a novelist, you want to know in reviewing your work which vocab words you are using too often so you can go back and edit/change it up some (so as to sound less repetitive).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I just spent two and a half hours trying to find "view side by side" on my mac. I need it for my my work. enough said....

ADD "VIEW SIDE BY SIDE" TO THE MAC VERSION OF WORD!! I just spent two and a half hours trying to find it. I need the function in order to do my job. What's the deal?????

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add alias name for SharePoint connection in Word for Mac

Working with many SharePoint sites with the same name folder structure make the navigation hard. Adding a alias name will help navigate Sharepoint site in Word for Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. All of a sudden my Word for Mac has slowed down a lot opening and freezes for minutes@time. what happened? V15.31(270216) on OSX 10.14.5 O

All of a sudden my Word for Mac has slowed down a lot opening and freezes for minutes@time. what happened? V15.31(270216) on OSX 10.14.5 O

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add options to receive @mentions in comments via Microsoft Teams (not just via email)

Allowing @mentions in comments when reviewing a Word doc is great, but I'd like to have the option to choose how to receive these notifications. Currently just email but would be nice to have a notification in Teams or other? Probably applies not just to Word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. get rid of Welcome back

It proves that Big Daddy is watching, which is not at all welcome. And it's just stupid. Maybe teenagers think it's cute, but adults don't. Get rid of it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Get rid of ordinals as a default setting

This is for ALL your Word version. Get rid of the st, nd, rd and th extensions as a default on numbers. Dates are cardinal numbers, NOT ordinal numbers. Those little extensions need to be gone, so please do not set as default the extensions. I have to teach people individually how to get rid of that dumb, ignorant default setting. It is totally and completely grammatically incorrect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I have been getting repeat sign in prompts. Please prevent

I have been getting repeat sign in prompts. Please prevent

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The selection of Irish as a language in Word on a mac is broken

See here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_mac-mso_365hp/spell-check-irish-switches-to-english-ireland/306f8a8f-b3ff-429e-905c-d3d26dc765a7?messageId=cb664893-2946-425f-b8ff-4837f214f7cc

Selecting Irish as a language in word automatically goes to English (Ireland) and continues to spellcheck in English. When sending to a PC (where Irish is supported), it is again shown as English instead of Irish. See link for photo and explanation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MS Word (all platforms) still uses Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition for citation formats. Please update to 17th Edition.

The title says it all. This is causing problems at a major technical conference that we are running.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add back the feature of special pattern for background

Hello, I previously used the Office 2020 for MAC which was possible to do the special pattern for background. However when upgraded to Office 365, this function is disabled. Now I'm using a very stupid way to do this effect.

Please add this feature back for a better and efficient, thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. in focus mode the scroll should not give pop up of the page number. that is distracting

make the ribbon at the bottom of the page that is blue in classic mode gray (as it is in color theme mode)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'm having a problem opening my Word documents. I receive a notification that says I do not have permission to open the document. Help!

For the past week or more, when I attempt to open one of my Word documents, I receive a Microsoft Word notification that I do not have permission to open the document. The only option given to me is to click on OK. Only problem is that it is not OK!! I want my documents to open! Please fix this glitch for me! I am an Office 365 customer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 117 118
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base