Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Word for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Insert Single Contact in Word for Mac.

Have option to insert single contact or quick insert of contact in Word for Mac. This feature was available in Word 2011. Also, have the option to shorten the list of recent file for all applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hyperlink to paragraph in document, similar to OneNote

Hyperlink to paragraph in document, similar to OneNote

In OneNote I can copy a link to a specific place in the note. This link in a Word doc works quickly and reliably without on any device (not OneDrive dependent).

Word needs the same functionality. Some exists -- bookmarks work very well. It is possible to hack a link to a specific place, but it creates warnings. Word should just have this functionality built in – especially with OneNote which is designed to play nicely with Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I just had a WONDERFUL experience with tech support and marketing...

... and wanted to see that credit is given to the people who helped me.
    Date: May 24, 2019
    Time: approximately 2:15 PM, Eastern
    Chandra at tech support gave me excellent information and was VERY helpful when we discovered I had purchased the wrong version of Office 365 for my needs. He then went the extra mile in explaining all of this to Maya in billing, who quickly and cheerfully refunded the "wrong" product and allowed me to purchase the right one (Office 365 Personal).

I was with IBM Tech support from 1981 through 1991 and only hope that I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please bring back fill option in page colour.

The image distorts with every other work around. i dont understand why you would get rid of the only thing that works for apply backgrounds.

you have provided no work arounds for this and your support team can not advise of options to help or workarounds because they have no idea. instead they ask me to pledge to you to bring it back.

Please bring it back you are causing unnecessary headaches for your customers and if you plan to get rid of a tool or options you need to train your support team of the work arounds and what…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. word window

Before I updated Microsoft when the Word window opened it would be a large window. After the update Microsoft Word opens up in a small window to the left of my screen instead of spread out across my screen. I called Microsoft three times and no one knows how to fix this I am very angry. Took away hours of my life to try and fix the annoying problem when the solution is a better Microsoft update!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Managed Preference to show workgroup templates on launch

Hi,

In my organization I have distributed our company office templates and they are now located on all our machines in /Application Support/Office Templates/

Though our MDM provider (We're an all Mac unit) I set the following managed preference in order to set the workgroup template directory location:

<key>DocsUICustomWorkgroupTemplatesLocationKey</key>
    <string>/Library/Application Support/Office Templates/</string>

This works, and in both Excel, Word and Powerpoint our templates show up under the Work templates pane.

Here comes the issue: With the new updates to Office, which are very nice, they all launch on the Frontpage pan in the window that opens upon launch. Previously it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2011-“Formula” Tool Bar feature into Word for the Mac 2016 v16.16.10

Do you know who I can contact to find out how I can get the 2011-“Formula” Tool Bar feature into Word for the Mac 2016 v16.16.10 ?
    2011 Formula - - Select numbers (5 & 5), then to add they select “Formula”. Answer (10) which is put into the clip board to be pasted where desired.

Next Mac OS (64 Bit) upgrade will not open Word Mac 2011 (32 Bit)
    Now have Mac OS v10.14.3 Mojave

Sent- Tuesday, May 21, 2019- - -11:06 AM(Pacific time)
    P.O. Box 2636, Hayden, Idaho 83835-2636
    (208) 772-4433, FAX (206) 902 4344
    Mobile (208) 661-1919

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1. Concordance feature 2. with a Click to the Index list

Hello

1. I would love to have a statistic feature which list all words like a concordance. Which we can sort by alphabet order, which comes more then 5 or 20 times etc. uniqueness
    2. I'm able with a double-click or a right click to send the words from the concordance list to the Index list, so they are then in the Index Verzeichnis.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Repeat font download message from WORD.

我的WORD一直要求我下載字體
    why do I keep getting a message saying Microsoft Word.app needs to download the font??
    But I had already downloaded them.
    Every time when I change the font and the message pane shows up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please bring back Notebook view!

The One Note "replacement" is overbloated and unusable. I've organized my life in Notebook view for years. Now I can't upgrade beyond 15.40!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow longer folder names and file names to be used to open Word files

The current system in Office for mac 365 Word 16.25 does not Open .docx or .doc with long folder names and depth in folders system file names. Mac Word 12.3.6 will open the files from their present locations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Design Mode from the Developer Ribbon on MS Word 2016 on Mac?

Why on earth can MAC OS users not have design mode on MS Word 2016? I cannot edit a University Ethics form until I use a Windows computer?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Restore Session / Re-open Documents from Last Session on App Launch

Similar to a browser "reopening tabs from last session" it would be extremely helpful to have word automatically re-open any documents that were being edited when it was last quit. Older versions of Word could do this and the native Apple apps like Preview (for all its many other issues) typically do as well. This is a badly missed feature in my workflow and is something that I know a lot of people at work miss dearly. We still have one Word 2008 holdout as a result. (A security issue at this point I think). Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please consider making the IPA font compatible with the Apple OS font library. The symbol browser is not functional for IPA.

The IPA font does not appear to be available in Office 365 (Apple OS) as it was in Microsoft Office 2011 and previous versions. The IPA font, within the advance browser, is incomplete and inaccurate. The design team should consider adding this font for those who have access to different languages. Alternatively, provide a font from the drop-down menu within Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Publishing template on Office 365

I use the publishing template on Office 2011 every day and its not on Office 365 which is really frustrating. Please add that template back. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Activaction office 2011 for mac

Tengo licencia office 2011 mac-hogar. No puedo actualizar porque el servidor no funciona, y la clave de producto en el empaque tampoco funciona. Tuve que reinstalarlo pues tuve que resetear mi laptop. Ayuda!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How to know the amount of total time spent on Microsoft word to create a document

How to know the amount of total time spent to create a document in Microsoft word?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After updating to Mojave 10.14.5, Word for Mac does not retain Window Size when closed and re-opened.

After updating to Mojave 10.14.5, Word for Mac does not retain Window Size when closed and re-opened.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please enable alphabetically ordering the references in APA

Please enable alphabetically ordering the references in APA. It is a big inconvenience for researchers, especially this is a basic requirement. It should have an inbuilt option when we select the bibliography table

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The wordcount feature on the earlier version ofWord 2011 is not available for Word in Office 365

The wordcount feature on the earlier version ofWord 2011 is not available for Word in Office 365. I need this feature which gives me a word count for any word in the document, which identifies the specific word out of the word at that point in the document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 113 114
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base