Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Resolve the envelope printing issue of "The number must be between 1 and 31"

Resolve the envelope printing issue of "The number must be between 1 and 31".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scripting command is broken

Within the Word scripting dictionary, the ability to send the contents of a word file as a message, but not as an attachment is broken. Fixing this would be really welcomed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ou sont les cases a cocher dans la barre des menu ?

retrouver le mode fenêtre sur le coter pour crée des fenêtres ou barre menu.

ou et le mode modifier barre menu ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please fix this problem with arrows and lines!!!

Every time I insert an arrow shape and try to move it or resize it, the arrow goes from a straight line to having a slight diagonal. It snaps right over the vertical position, making it impossible to set the arrow straight again.
    I have read all the other topics dealing with this problem, but none had a solution that worked for me. And no, getting the arrow in exactly the right place and exactly the right size the very first time you draw it is not a solution.
    Holding shift while drawing the arrow does not make it stay…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft Error Reporting & Microsoft Ship Asserts need to be upgraded to 64 bit ASAP

Reporting this important issue: As you know, MacOS Catalina 10.15 is coming out in couple of days and I noticed that Microsoft Error Reporting & Microsoft Ship Asserts are 34 bit and they need to be upgraded to 64 bit ASAP or else they won't be working when everyone in the mac community will upgrade to MacOS Catalina 10.15. Can you kindly look into this issue asap and fix it? Thanks for your help 😀
    There are files

Microsoft Error Reporting:
    Version: 2.2.9
    Obtained from: Unknown
    Last Modified: 9/24/14, 4:56 PM
    Kind: Intel
    64-Bit (Intel): No
    Location: /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MERP2.0/Microsoft Error…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Getting Header and Footer in True Colour

Is there any way that I can get a custom made letterhead for my organization which is showing true color while we are typing. is it possible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. restore locked format painter functionality to Word 16

In previous versions of Word, when format painter was locked (double clicked) and you triple clicked a line to paste the formatting, the entire line would be selected and receive the formatting. Since upgrading to Word 16, the entire line is selected, but only the first word or letter clicked on receives the formatting. Drag to select works as intended, but is tedious and prone to mistaken selections. I've tested on multiple Macs. Worked on previous versions for years. (At least since 2001, maybe earlier.) This is a big part of my work flow and I'm really hoping to get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A field code to display tomorrow's date

When creating a priority list for tomorrow, I would like to use a field code that's as simple as the DATE field code. I don't understand why (DATE + 1) doesn't work for this. It would be very useful for managers and planners. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. #cloudfonts are incompatible with publishing workflow, we need option to shut off!

really! these cause conflicts with other versions of the fonts, clutter up the menu, and are not needed!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Force people using this feedback forum to enter their Office version number and if it is stand-alone or Office 365.

It is aggravating trying to make sense of the issues when it is not clear what version people are discussing. If one was inclined to help, that help could make things worse if the advice given was for the wrong version.

Furthermore, I have noticed some people posting issues in the Office for Mac area that are clearly for Office for Windows so it would be a good idea to also force people to enter what platform they use as well. The same goes for people posting Excel issues in a Word forum and vice versa.

Once done, give readers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Word for mac (2019) does not save documents after the mac security update 2019-005

Please fix this asap - deinstalling and reinstalling word is not an option since the product key will no longer be valid....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fehler in Grammatikkorrektur

Die Rechtschreibprüfung will immer "das Stereotyp" in "der Stereotyp" ändern. Das ist falsch!
    https://www.korrekturen.de/genus/der-oder-das-stereotyp.shtml

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Crashing Lates Word build on Catalina OS

Everytime I select highlight a word or sentence Word crashes or my laptop crashes! URGENT*** please fix, I’m on both the latest builds of the OS and Wors for Mac

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MacBook Pro doesn't offer File>Info>Manage Document so I can recover an earlier version of a saved doc.

I want to be able to recover the previous version of a doc I just unintentionally overwrote. The instructions I've found don't seem to apply to Word on my MacBook Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add color back to the Comment/Query balloons

I'm an editor and work ALLLLLLL the time with track changes. It is supremely frustrating that in the current Word for Mac (2016?), the comments/queries look exactly like the insertions and deletions. Having color in the balloon allowed all parties concerned to easily locate questions or comments that needed dealing with. Now it's all just one big moosh. I can't even imagine what ran through the head of the person who decided to get rid of that feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quite simply - make it more like Word for Windows. Although Mac version has been improved,Windows is still much fuller and better.

Make Word for Mac more like Word for Windows. Although Mac version has been improved, Windows is still much fuller and better. As a TV writer and producer who worked with Word since the mid 80's - pre windows - I make use of more of the aspects than I find on the Mac. I use Autocorrect extensively, for example and wish I could simply switch easily between the doc I'm working on to the Autocorrect Options screen so I can add new words to be corrected to it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eye dropper tool with MacOS Catalina

With the MacOS Update Catalina 10.15, the eye dropper tool to select existing colors from a document no longer works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. spelling

Hello, I have noticed that the Word spellchecker doesn't catch a spelling error "accidently". The correct spelling for English US is "accidentally".
    I think this should get fixed in the Word English US spellchecker glossary so if this word gets misspelled it shows as an error once the spellchecker is run.

Best,
    Inga

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. select all text with similar formatting

Microsoft Word for Mac 2016 does not have the function "select all text with similar formatting."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base