Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Ever since this morning's update, my red-line spelling error notifications aren't working!

Ever since this morning's update, my red-line spelling error notifications aren't working!...please fix

Also... I'm STILL getting "Microsoft Error Reporting" EVERY time I close down Word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Spelling and grammar check"...

"Spelling and grammar check"... police very too small. Impossible to read !

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)

It's really strange that in the 2016 mac version isn't possible to export as pdf/a.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why the font Garamond disappear from my list of Word fonts? I have a whole book in Garamond!!!

Please issue a patch to restore the font Garamond to the Word font list. The fonts in the Formatting Pallette are so hard to scroll through and select. There must be a better way.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Post to blog

Can we have the option to send Word documents into a Sharepoint blog post on Office365. This feature is available on Word2016 for Windows but not available on Word for Mac (15.22)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please fix intermittent jagged and horrible display of fonts in Word 2016!

In Word 2016 for Mac, many older files (that is, files not actually created in Word 2016) open with a very horrible and jagged looking display of fonts. Files created "fresh" with Word 2016 do not seem to have this problem. The really interesting thing about this, seems to be that this is exactly the same bug that was in Excel 2016 until November (until the 15.16 update); that is, as a user has pointed out on this Microsoft Answers thread (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macword/subpixel-antialiasing-doesnt-work-on-certain-docx/6c6b4cf6-f86f-4704-9e04-493e91e0cecc ), in affected files, if you highlight the jagged text with a colour from the ribbon, the…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Word 2015 takes four times as long to load a long document as Word 2011. This is not progress. Please go back to what you were doing in 2011

Word 2015 takes four times as long to load a long document as Word 2011. This is not progress. Please go back to what you were doing in 2011. Something has happened that has slowed down the

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Vertical split screen

Is it possible to be able to split the screen vertically instead of horizontally? I ofter use photographs in reports and with the larger monitors now available I have 2 docs open at once, one for the text the other for the photographs. If I could spilt the screen vertically, I could have one document and be able to add cross references to the photograph numbers.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Find and replace

On my MBpro, this feature does not allow one to 'mark' a section and find and replace things only in that section; rather, it performs the function on the entire document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Misspelled words in the Danish spell check dictionary

The Danish spell check dictionary contains several misspelled words. As I understand, it's not possible for users to do anything about this. I've reported the issue and a number of the words in question (using the feedback function in Word), but it doesn't look like anything is being done about it; the latest updates have brought no changes.

It would be very useful, if it was possible for users to edit the spell check dictionary.

Here's a list of the misspelled/non-existent words I've come across so far:

albums
    brændeværdi
    brødbetynget
    diare
    dværgpincher
    el-installation
    el-installatør
    el-net
    el-radiator
    forsiringssum
    forsiringssummen
    forsiringssummer
    forsiringssummers …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Frozen window

Everytime I open a saved document to view it or to continue working on it, the word window freezes and I simply can't do anything. Sometimes I am able to click on "Quit Word" but most of the times I am forced to restart my computer because I can't use anything else on my macbook.
    I usually happens one or two times until it finally works. It is irritating considering that I paid a good amount of money to be able to work on it whenever I want and it is not word 365! Please fix it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Selection & Visibilty pane in Word 2016 for MAC

Under the PC version, you can easily use the selection & visibility pane in ordrer to rename objects, especially if you want to manipulate them with macros.
    The functionnality was added in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac in january, and would be very useful in Word as well.
    Please vote for it !

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back automatic language detection

Bring back the function of word (and other office products automatically detects language for the spell check)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug in Office 2011 organizational charts

I am creating a family tree using organizational charts. The boxes continuously, spontaneously change size as I add text and additional levels to the chart. It's very frustrating. The boxes randomly change sizes even as I am adjusting them. This happens in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Detailed Compatibility Report with other Word versions

Office for Mac 2011 can generate a "Compatibility Report" to check a document's compatibility with other versions of Office - either for Mac and Windows. Microsoft has a URL that explains it all: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Check-a-document-for-compatibility-c5aa52e0-15c8-4da7-9942-379552795d90

This feature has been removed, please set it back as there are still some cross-version issues when sharing documents (Office 2016 with 2013, 2011 for Mac, 2010, 2007, etc.)

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need larger border area to grab with mouse when manually resizing windows.

When I want to manually resize a Word window, the area to grab with the mouse is too small, too difficult to click-and-drag precisely. Often it takes me two or three tries. This is not an OS X problem, because it's not a problem with other apps—only Word.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Word keeps crashing-this is bullshit!!!!

Word keeps crashing on me on my mac and not saving things. This is complete bullshit. I have all of the updates, but what the hell! I've never had it update so much. I'm going ot look into another program, because this completely sucks. I have Word 15.1.2 and my computer is only a year old

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't switch focus when switching to Replace tab of Advanced Find/Replace

When you bring up Advanced Find and Replace, you're in the Find Tab, with focus in the Find field. But when you click on the Replace Tab, focus switches from the Find field to the Replace field. Why would you do that? You can't Replace with first Finding. Please keep the focus in the Find field (as it does in Word 2011).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)