Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Word is not supporting Urdu text Please Fix

Word is not supporting Urdu text Please Fix

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embedding PDF

Is it possible to get a function to embed entire pdf files as an icon into documents instead of only single pages at the time

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Print Function

Have the Print Function available to add to custom tabs not just the quick print.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove the rule that we must rename a .pdf or else it locks up the word document. It causes frustration and wasted time.

Remove the rule that we must rename a .pdf or else it locks up the word document you were using. This causes frustration and wasted time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iCloud Drive Support

Allow the option to add iCloud Drive to the online locations menu and create a designated folder in iCloud.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drawing Canvas

Word for Windows has supported a Drawing Canvas forever, and I had hoped that it would be brought to Word for Mac 2016.

While one can draw and group individual elements, it is nowhere as convenient as designating an area for a picture and then drawing in that area. Plus it would allow compatibility with Word for PC!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I'm moving to Pages; I've just lost 5 hours of my work. Word just crashed down and the auto recovery function didn't work. Word is a fraud.

Moving to Pages;
    I've just lost 5 hours of my work. Word just crashed down without any reason and the auto recovery function didn't work. Word is a fraud.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Find and Replace only once

Sometimes I'm not quite sure yet if a Find and Replace operation is going correctly, and I want to see what it does for immediate feedback. In such a case I would like to have the option to Find and Replace only once, instead of what I usually do, which is to hit Replace, then click on the document, then press shift+F5 to go back to the last edit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. provide option to permanently disable track changes

please, please provide option to permanently disable track changes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please improve the VERTICAL ALIGNMENT feature.

Even though Word is not technically a page layout program, it could still be an excellent application for designing books. All it lacks is a good vertical alignment/justification feature. Then the bottom lines on each page can be made flush with each other.

Currently, Word's vertical alignment is achieved by adding space before the paragraphs — meaning there will be different amounts of spacing before paragraphs on different pages. This is a rather stupid idea (sorry to be blunt) — has anyone ever seen any document where paragraph spacing varies widely from page to page?

Instead, programs like inDesign accomplish…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Portuguese: pre-reform forms

Since version 15.21, Word stopped recognizing pre-reform text, in Portuguese, although that option is selected. Please correct the bug, since there are many people still writing with pre-reform text.
    This bug is only in Word, not in other MS apps (PowerPoint and Excel).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve your applications !!! You are sleeping !

Improve your applications !!! You are sleeping !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How-To: Import Macros (*.bas file) from Word for Mac 2011 into Word for Mac 2016

Please provide a checklist or "How To" as to how to select a *.bas Macro file created in Word for Mac 2011 and import it into the new Word for Mac 2016.

Also, please work on improving actual VBE editor functionality, at least to the level it worked in the 2011 edition.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve digital signatures

Improving digital signatures, I believe that in the near future this will be a feature that is used much because the tendency is to stop using paper, so the use of alternative mechanisms such as digital signatures (certificates) or (biometrico as tablets wacom) will be one of the features that users will use daily.

Currently the functionality of digital signatures work well, however as a user think it could be improved by including more information regarding errors during the process of signing, suggestions on how to fix some errors in the firms, make more beautiful generally provide more elements tools…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better implementation of two-up printing

If I set up a 5.5 x 8.5-inch document size and print two-up on an 8.5 x 11-inch sheet of paper, the result looks like two sheets crammed into a 5.5 x 8.5-inch space near the top center of the letter-size paper; it’s not spread out over the letter-size paper. I need to be able to set one size for the document pages (e.g. 5.5 x 8.5-inch) and another size for the printer pages (e.g. 8.5 x 11-inch) and print two-up at 100% scale.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix it

Fix your crap program so that people like me and my assistant don't have to wasting time trying and failing to sent a simple Word document in the Final version, i.e., without the changes showing. We finally gave up and had to send Final Showing Markup. My guess is Microsoft passed along defective versions of Word to Apple because Apply has been running circles around the clods at Microsoft for about 15 years

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate mac OS's spell checker into Word.

I have invested heavily in customizing mac OS's custom dictionary. Additionally, I find that mac's spell checking to be more reliable and easy to use.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I can't save Word documents anymore

I can't save Word documents anymore with 'Save as', because of a "frozen" popup screen with an 'Options' and a 'Compatibilty Report' button, which seems to de-activate the save possibilities.. The 'Save' and 'Save as' in the 'Bestand' (File or Document?) menu are inactive.
    I checked that my Word for Mac version is up to date.
    What caused this and how can I make my Word for Mac functioning again, because in this way it has becom useless?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix table re-draw.

Tables in Mac 365 are very unreliable. Borders don't redraw correctly; text entry sometimes slows to a crawl. So bad that I have to revert to Word 2011 (14.6.9) to get work done.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)