Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Mac

Welcome to the Word for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Word 16.16.13 creates folders when saving DOCX documents with Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5 on a Synology Nas

Word 16.16.13 creates folders when saving DOCX documents with Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5 on a Synology Nas when the file is edited and resaved. These folders can only be deleted after a restart.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reduce The Default Margin (www.reducethemargin.com)

The average office goer uses 10,000 sheets of A4 copy paper a year for printing.
And globally, the most favoured official software being Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word
becomes the automatic choice.

What is cause for concern is the fact that the default setting of Microsoft Word leads to each
printed page having a wasted margin area of approximately 38%.

A simple 25% reduction in this default margin setting on MS word can reduce the wasted area on every printed sheet and help save millions of trees in the long run.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Word citations Spanish bug.

In citations in Spanish you cannot write down accents, since there is a bug avoiding to do that. For almost a year I have sent various messages reporting that bug but you do not respond.

Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Content Controls; Date Picker and Design Mode for Mac users

These controls are necessary functions for the Developer ribbon. It doesn't make sense why they are not available to Mac users!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mac version is missing Apply Styles dialog box from Windows version

Word for Windows has an "Apply Styles" dialog box with "Autocomplete style names" checkbox. This would be VERY helpful on the Mac version, so that we can apply styles by typing with autocomplete.

Please add this feature to the Mac version!

For details on how it works in Windows, see: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/word-2013-styles-in-depth/applying-styles-using-the-apply-styles-dialog-box

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Word locking up and attempting to connect to network drive from Recent Items list

Word (or Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is locking up and then producing an error stating it is attempting to connect to a previously used network location in the Recent Items list, when opening the application when off the network. This renders the application useless, and after acknowledging the error, the application must be force quit.

To reproduce:

• Open Word documents from a network share, work on it, close the document and application

• Take the computer off the network (i.e. - Take it home), open Word. Word will then lock up for about 3 minutes and then produce an error stating it…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Word: Fix freezing issues when selecting text in Catalina

Since updating to Catalina, Word freezes whenever I select text—even just a few words. I have to manually backspace if I want to delete something and it takes forever if I have a lot of text to delete. If I forget and select text, it freezes for a good few seconds. Sometimes I have to force quit.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How to change font & size of all citation numbers in a doc?

I have Word 16 & use a recent Macbook.

I want to re-format the endnote citation numbers that appear in the body of a document (say at the end of a sentence).

I know how to re-format them from (say) 1 2 3 to i ii iii. But I need to format the font and size of every such number in the doc. All at once. This is because they presently appear in different fonts & sizes almost every time I insert an endnote. A way to prevent that in future would be much appreciated also.

Thanks to all.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. include a view side by side option with synchronous scrolling

Please include the option to view documents side by side with or without synchronous scrolling. this is available in windows word and I see no reason it shouldn't be for Mac.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Word Count" tool should be easier to access.

The "Word Count" box should be a floating tool that remains open as you edit the document, or at least create a keyboard shortcut. This is a big part of the editing process for a lot of writers and its cumbersome to keep going highlight > Tools > Word Count

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the advance Find and Replace re-instate font changes in the text boxes via Ctl-I, Ctl-B and Ctl-U

In Word 2011 in the advance find and replace box the font of the word to be searched for and replaced by can be changed by the standard key strokes of Ctl-I etc.

This was removed in Word 2016, a retrograde step for professional editors

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please update Word for Mac with the option to Disable the Recent Documents list

I connect to a windows server via smb at work, and when I access word docs stored on that server they are added to my "Recents List." Then, when I open the word app later and when not connected to the office server, the word app tries to auto load all my recent documents, some of which it cannot access because they are stored at the office server locally. This caused my Mac to auto attempt to connect to my smb server, and when it can't because I'm no longer there, the word app crashes.

Also, when I open the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the kerning problem with Word 365

I upgraded from MS Office 2011 to MS Office 365. All my old documents are written in Times New Roman 12 point. But when I open them in Word 365, the spacing between the letters is all stretched out. Turns out there's a kerning issue in the new version of Word. I called technical support, got escalated, and was finally told there's nothing that can be done. The new version of Word has a kerning issue. Please fix this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow to check two languages at once. Not only english but also Latin

Allow to check two languages at once. Not only english but also Latin

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Double sided printing on Mac for windows

On my iMac using Catalina, I can print double sided from excel, but not word. Please add this feature to the word program.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. DO REPAIR BUGS IN WORD MAC, pls

There are plenty of BUGS in Office Mac 2019. Why don't correct them once forever instead go including useless devices such as icons?

Read the messages. All consumers are reporting bugs and you do not pay attention to these messages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Do not have capability to change printing on one side to printing on two sides and vice-versa for hp 6975 printer.

Do not have capability to change printing on one side to printing on two sides and vice-versa for hp 6975 printer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In the advance Find and Replace re-instate Cmd-F for Find Next, Cmd-R for Replace, and Cmd-A for Replace All

Removing the capability in the upgrade from 11 to 16 is a a retrograde step to productivity, plus excessive use of the mouse, now required, leads to RSI

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 133 134
  • Don't see your idea?

Word for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base