Feedback by UserVoice

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Word for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Autosave

Alow autosave or easy editing for Google Drive

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is it possible for you to build templates in APA 7th edition format for tables and figures?

create tables (including wide and long format) and figures templates using the APA 7th edition formatting rules.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Dark Mode in Word.

In my opinion there should be a dark mode or night mode in Microsoft Products also.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. enable beeline rader

Allow an extension from beeline reader

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. background colour covers very little portion and only a little on bottom right , can be broaden and made more pleasing

background colour covers very little portion and only a little on bottom right , it can be broaden and made more pleasing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A case for the removal of "dimming" feature related to header/footer editing vs. document editing

I mean, let's be honest. Who actually prints documents anymore? No! You send them electronically. If Word wants to stay relevant, this feature needs to go--otherwise we'll all be using Adobe before long (as soon as they're smart enough to make a free version that allows editing, anyway).

For those of us who actually like to make our documents look nice or who design templates, this feature can be downright crippling. Case in point: my curriculum vita. Have a look: http://doesmonroe.com/CJlinked/example-wordsug.png

How am I supposed to edit that? And why should I have to change the font color just because…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix a bug where vertical and horizontal lines cannot be selected using the Select Shapes box.

As per this thread, ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeword-msowin10-mso_o365b/horizontal-and-vertical-lines-cannot-be-selected/b35f8cce-4063-4a49-b68c-23cc33a9d101 ), horizontal and vertical lines created using the Shapes menu in the Insert tab cannot be selected using the Home > Select > Select Shapes selection box. It is a bug that has been confirmed on the Microsoft's side (as you can see in the answer), but It was suggested to me to post it here as well. The issue is most noticeable when one wants to group multiple shapes together (e.g. a flowchart) with multiple straight vertical/horizontal lines.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Streamline Track Changes

When I highlight a single space/letter and type over it, Track Changes deletes the entire word. This clutters up my documents and takes me longer to go through and see what others have changed.

If I highlight a single space or letter and type over it, I want just that single space or letter to be changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GET YOUR ******* "ANNOUNCEMENTS" POPUP BOX OUT OF MY SIGHT. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

GET YOUR ******* "ANNOUNCEMENTS" POPUP BOX OUT OF MY SIGHT. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In word document a feature like worksheets in excel

It would be convenient to have a feature that enables to add new worksheets in word document just like in excel. New word worksheets can be added like worksheets in word. It will help user to have different topics in each worksheet( may call it wordsheet).

For example - Instead of having many stories in many word documents, one can have many stories in one word document but in different worksheet model.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Comments

So you know how Google Docs has this function that lets you comment things without having to make edits to your work? Well, as a writer, that comes in really handy when it's late and I don't want to think that ******* working something in, I could just make a quick note that hangs out off to the side. I'd like to do that in Word, mostly because Google Docs has kicked me out due to the data cap. So, if you could give your users something similar, that'd be a big help to everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No change with track change

Why is there no easy way to get rid of a track change...I do not want to hit accept or decline. Just want them to go away since I edited the paper without the track change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you enter the next line

I think that word for windows should stop making the letters capital when people enter the next line in the text boxes because they might be in the middle of a sentence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Linking Excel Values to Word Text or PPT Text (perhaps vice versa)

I have an analysis done in Excel where some of the results that I reference in word in text. For example, I would like to be able to write in word: "The result of my analysis indicate that 23,252 people will eat bananas in the next 5 minutes." I would like that number (23,252) to be linked to a specific cell in my Excel analysis. The benefits of this would be that: (1) I wont be worried about mistyping the results in word because the value it is linked, (2) if the analysis changes, the value will change in the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. autosave locally

There should be an option to autosave directly to a local computer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a button to copy a link for Organisation

If i wish to copy a link for my organisation from within Word (or excel), i currently have to click share button, then copy link.

Can you create a single button that we can click on to copy this link to the clipboard?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Word for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base